Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm in love with this announcement. Thankfully my birthday is only a few days before August 1st (and I'll probably buy multiples) and the price tag is amazing (£90/$100/110?euro). The new wands are beautiful, but I'm not really a fan of the short legs on the kids (but they make a lot of sense). So happy as I missed out on the last wave due to the dark ages.

Did anyone notice how the figures are holding the new wand pieces in this rear image? It's like they have a short, perpendicular 318 bar at the end of their main 318 bar to hold them out straight.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-75954-Hogwarts-Great-H

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nice catch - that’s an amazing feature they have, and really useful too!

Overall the set looks great; the only disappointment is the new Basilisk (the rare case where the old one looked cooler/was better) but I’ll take anything we can get. The fact that HP is getting a resurgence this year is amazing; I hope it lasts for at least a few more years! The fact that they seem to be covering the first two movies in this wave lends credence to the fact that they’re covering 2 movies at a time per wave, which is really exciting. I think the best is yet to come...

Edited by legozebra

I noticed the way the minifigs were holding their wands and wondered what kind it illegal shenanigans TLG was up to... :grin:

The new wands look great, along with all the recolors. The square lattice windows are a great, too. I'm not sure if they are new per se, but I don't ever remember seeing them, but wanting them.

I'm not a huge HP fan, but this set is cracking for parts alone!

57 minutes ago, Catanas said:

New moulds from what I can tell. Feel free to correct me

Is the thing in Heroines cauldron a new part? I can't tell.

The small spires, and the larger textured roofing parts.

The textured roofs are from the Disney princess theme, and I am not quite sure what you are referring to by the The small spires but I think that that's a Nexo part, either way, this is a bounty of nice new parts.

It's £89.99 here.

That's more reasonable than I feared.

I don't get why people are complaining about it having an open back, the interior is more important to the story ans they've been doing it for a while so its not out of thew blue.

I'm really sick of LEGO making one wall sets. This is slightly better as it's almost two walls, but it still doesn't look right. The windows are great, new pieces are great. There just is something off putting about not having a ceiling on the inside. And on the outside it's too much dark great. I feel like light grey and sand green would have been better. The sand green really helped the old ones look a lot better.

What part am I looking at located at the bottom of the largest, tallest spire? Is it a new automobile wheel arch part, or something preexisting?

LEGO-Harry-Potter-75954-Hogwarts-Great-H

What an amazing surprise!! This set looks drop dead gorgeous. I’m so excited for all the new molds and figures! Short legs were an interesting choice but they look good. So glad to get a Hufflepuff torso at long last! The interior is great as well and I’m loving the new wand molds. The gray looks much better here than I was expecting so I don’t miss the sand green too much. Can’t wait for th D2C!

I am actually really impressed, can't wait to add this to the collection. Well except that basilisk but i can live with that. :D

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

Oh wow, new wand pieces!

This alone makes it worthwhile.

58 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What, no Sand Green? :look:

Looks so much better and more accurate with the roof in grey.

The set looks amazing, and really great to have a Richard Harris' Dumbledore minifigure.

But anybody else not digging Prof. McGonagall losing her skirt piece?

12 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Is the thing in Heroines cauldron a new part? I can't tell.

It looks like the CMF bee girl honey pot/pumpkin pail in a dark metallic grey.

"The set looks amazing, and really great to have a Richard Harris' Dumbledore minifigure.

But anybody else not digging Prof. McGonagall losing her skirt piece?"

Should have used the new skirt piece coming in the Solo sets.

Edited by K_Tiger

Look at the hall roof from the front door angle. Those tan slope pieces don't look like the ones on the tower roof.

Edited by gedren_y

4 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

It's this piece, I think.

Ah, okay, I see what's going on there. It's two of those slopes combined with a 2×2 jumper plate.

1 minute ago, x105Black said:

Looks so much better and more accurate with the roof in grey.

So I've read, so why did Lego utilize Sand Green in the past for previous iterations?

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So I've read, so why did Lego utilize Sand Green in the past for previous iterations?

Not sure, but as much as I like sand green, I'm happy to see the change.

Given the lightning fast speed this topic is going at, someone might have already mentioned this, but has anyone determined if that's a new lantern mold being held by the giant character (don't remember his name)? Also, new sorting hat mold on the spire's upper floor?

Made a really shoddy sketch of the changes I'll want to make, to make it what I consider more accurate and appropriate while keeping in the scale.

9ieqgk.png

- Add the small towers sticking out of big tower.

-Tuck in the middle of big tower.

-Remove medium tower stuck onto big tower.

- Add small 'tower' to corner of hall

-Add larger courtyard border.

I can't believe that thing is supposed to be the Basilisk...

It looks terrible and a waste of pieces because this is clearly based on the Philosopher's Stone.

Also, where is Fawkes?

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given the lightning fast speed this topic is going at, someone might have already mentioned this, but has anyone determined if that's a new lantern mold being held by the giant character (don't remember his name)? Also, new sorting hat mold on the spire's upper floor?

Hagrid’s Lantern is a new mold and the sorting hat is new as well

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yes. Both are new