Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe a polybag, but I am pretty sure they have there own set series independent of normal themes :sceptic:

Talking about polybags, we should expect at least one or two with the wave :sweet:

Is this just speculation or hint?

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is this just speculation or hint?

Just speculation, but I would be surprised if HP/FB do not have a polybag or two. The last HP wave in 2011 had 3, one Mini Hogwarts Express and two with Harry minifig and some different accessories :classic:

I do hope we get some polybags, especially when their limited time offers from LEGO.com. It gives me an excuse to make bulk buys!

I know these aren't coming out 'till autumn, but I'm already nervously hording my cash for 'em. I hope the post about them being revealed in May is true, cause I want to know what I'm saving up for!

A treasure trove of wonderful new hairs and parts! Love Hermiones hair and Hagrids lantern! Are the tiny spire pieces new too?roblud9apqft8lfkb8f7.jpg

This also connects with 75953 in case you were wondering what the pin holes were for. 

Edited by Catanas

Oh wow, new wand pieces! There are actually a lot of new pieces and recolours in this set alone...

Edited by Metanoios91

The great hall exterior looks great. Tower looks generic and the top build seems strange. Honestly would have preferred if they removed the tower and focused more on the Great Hall interior. It has exposed pins on the side so it's definitely meant to connect to a larger castle build. Cannot spot Fawkes, but the set description says it includes Fawkes. The Basilisk could use a little more smoothness, hopefully the larger castle includes the Chamber Of Secrets though given we got the Basilisk here i doubt it. Maybe we'll get Fluffy though as a brick-built three-headed dog.

Interior looks a bit of a mess - the fireplace is nice but the tables take-up a lot of the space and dont really give much room, would rather they have focused on the exterior a bit more using the parts count instead of giving us what will no doubt be an inferior great hall in comparison to what the larger set will give us.

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Interior looks a bit of a mess - the fireplace is nice but the tables take-up a lot of the space and dont really give much room, would rather they have focused on the exterior a bit more using the parts count instead of giving us what will no doubt be an inferior great hall in comparison to what the larger set will give us.

The great hall has connecting pins to connect to the ucs Hogwarts. They only have banners for 2 houses. A few new hair molds, new candle molds, the sorting hat mold, new wand mold, and possibly a new spider mold

Edited by Falconfan1414

This looks so good. Is it €90-100? That would be an absolute steal!

EDIT: Ah it's 100$ which would mean €110. Great deal!

Edited by Kevii23

What is that brick built thing?? 

New hairpiece for Dumbledore, Harry, Hagrid and Hermione

New wand piece

New hat piece

Also Nick is here, so the CMF list is fake? I dont they'll produce 2 versions of such a minor character

Edited by Robert8

New moulds from what I can tell. Feel free to correct me.

Harry's hair.

Hermione's hair.

Dumbledore's hair.

All Hagrid.

Quirrel's Turban.

Wands.

The rat, which also appears in the Arctic sets.

The candles? The flames are at least.

The lattice windows in that shape?

The small spires, and the larger textured roofing parts.

Hagrids lantern.

Oh, and the less crummy looking sorting hat!

2 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

This looks so good. Is it €90-100? That would be an absolute steal!

It's ÂŁ89.99 here.

Edited by Catanas

But Quirrell is the wrong color. he should be dark brown not black. Why they always have to make such annoying errors.

The interior looks very nice, but the exterior looks squashed and fat. The size of those doors really seem to have gotten int he way.

Edited by deskp

1 minute ago, deskp said:

But Quirrell is the wrong color. he should be dark brown not black. Why they always have to make such annoying errors.

Well he doesn't have yellow skin anymore, so we should maybe count this a win? :grin:

Absolutely lovely set with a tremendous amount of detail. A buy on instant site for me. :thumbup: 

Holy S&%T

LEGO lost their mind for sure!

10 minifigures in ONE set?

Who important is left? Voldemort and Snape right?

im so getting this!

any leaked pics of the Whomping Willow set ?

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Isn't the rat the same from Series 18?

Pretty sure, series 18 has a mouse. So we get two rodent moulds this year!

What, no Sand Green? :look:

Ah well, I'll tell ya, I wasn't expecting official images at all this early; but from what I've taken in so far, yeah, there are a lot of new parts and recolors to process here. *huh*

The lack of skirt pieces is a real downer for me, really takes the gravitas out of Dumbledore and McGonagall Their dresses ends at their knees too..

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

The lack of skirt pieces is a real downer for me, really takes the gravitas out of Dumbledore and McGonagall Their dresses ends at their knees too..

I'm surprised none of the figures use the new skirt piece, it seemed perfect for HP

This is great! Better wands, super accurate figures, and huge leaps forward over the last time! Question, though; why does that include a giant snake the description calls the Basilisk, and does anyone actually see Fawkes in there? That snake isn't big enough, and makes no sense in the Great Hall.

3 minutes ago, just_one said:

any pics of the Whomping Willow set ?

when can we hope to see something?

In three to four months. The existence of these pictures is incredible, completely unexpected, and a real treat that we should all be grateful for IMO. :)