Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

They could give us mini Christmas trees to add to the build to give it a Christmas-y set up.

They'd have to get a GIANT main one. Think about how big it was compared to Hagrid in Philosipher's Stone

9 hours ago, Tariq j said:

They could give us mini Christmas trees to add to the build to give it a Christmas-y set up.

Yes, but why use bricks on a thing that people very easy can add them self's later for Christmas, Halloween etc  :sceptic: If it is a theme I would expect something more general like Start-of-Term Feast maybe :classic:

Seen as the sets are years 1-4; I'm hoping they focus more on a Goblet of Fire scenery for the Great Hall.

I think the whole tournament is a great way to get some extra figures. That's how I hope they'll do this - the likes of Cedric, Fleur, Krum, Madam Maxine, a new Mad-Eye Moody, Cho Chang and so on could really work with a Hogwarts based on 1-4. Plus there's room for Quirrel and Lockhart too in there.

I don't see Lego making a minifigure of Richard Harris' Dumbledore at all. I know some people loved him, but he just wasn't as iconic as Gambon's Dumbledore (sorry, Harris fans). I think we'll definitely get the updated bear-piece for him and hopefully a new hairpiece.

I think the likes of Hermione need a major overhaul. One of the things I disliked about the 2010 waves were that the minifigures were so mixed; some were fantastic and others were just extremely lazy rehashes. For example; Bellatrix is one of the HP theme's best minifigures in my opinion. I'd go as far as saying that when the time comes, I honestly don't think she'll need any updates because they captured her likeness so well. McGonagall was also great, her face and outfit were perfect for the earlier movies. 
However, the likes of Dumbledore, Filch and Lucius suffer badly because of the clunky, dated hairpiece they were given destroyed the potential of great minifigures. I also think the Hermione minifigure needs a major overhaul as Lego seem to be making the same mistakes with her even now - the hairpiece just isn't her and the face doesn't even do the character justice. I'll welcome this theme with open arms as a huge Potter fan, but I really hope these figures get the updates they deserve.

Oh and I want a new Buckbeak and Fawkes!! :D

16 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Seen as the sets are years 1-4; I'm hoping they focus more on a Goblet of Fire scenery for the Great Hall.

I think the whole tournament is a great way to get some extra figures. That's how I hope they'll do this - the likes of Cedric, Fleur, Krum, Madam Maxine, a new Mad-Eye Moody, Cho Chang and so on could really work with a Hogwarts based on 1-4.

I believe the theory is that it is year 1-3 not 1-4...

49 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I believe the theory is that it is year 1-3 not 1-4...

Really? I assumed with Voldemort being in the hogwarts set that they'd make the wave 1-4 like the games?

34 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Really? I assumed with Voldemort being in the hogwarts set that they'd make the wave 1-4 like the games?

Well games are usually not much to go by.. If the rumors are true Voldemort is the only exception so far i think, but you can argue that he was in the two first books/films in one form or the other.. He is also a main character it is hard to get around anyhow..

2 hours ago, Ponury said:

When can we expect to see first leaked pictures? What do you guys think?

Judging by the Infinity War leaks that, probably 2 or 3 months before release

3 hours ago, Ponury said:

When can we expect to see first leaked pictures? What do you guys think?

Any time from now, maybe this month, and maybe even August. It's hard to say. We got Jurassic World and Ninjago Season 9 leaks before Infinity War leaks, so it is really hard to say when.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Any time from now, maybe this month, and maybe even August. It's hard to say. We got Jurassic World and Ninjago Season 9 leaks before Infinity War leaks, so it is really hard to say when.

It also depends on how confidential they want to keep it

Considering the Harry Potter theme, which is treated in the catalogue as a separate theme to Fantastic Beasts, is not an upcoming film, I think the leaks could happen literally anytime.

I really hope the line sells well and it becomes permanent. EVERYONE BUY DOUBLE IF YOU CAN!!!  

Edited by RODDY

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

I really hope the line sells well and it becomes permanent. EVERYONE BUY DOUBLE IF YOU CAN!!!  

I bet they'll at least do another minfigure series

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I bet they'll at least do another minfigure series

It's not so certain. They didn't make a 2nd CMF Ninjago Movie series, although I think it sold fairly well. I would guess that we will get a 2nd series if the HP sets sell well and they will make new ones from the later movies

2 hours ago, ddavid said:

It's not so certain. They didn't make a 2nd CMF Ninjago Movie series, although I think it sold fairly well. I would guess that we will get a 2nd series if the HP sets sell well and they will make new ones from the later movies

Difference is I don't think Ninjago did as well as the other Lego Movies, and Harry Potter is already a finished established franchise.

Mostly kids (boys?) have any interest in the ninjago franchise, when Lego makes great looking ninjago sets AFOLs will buy them because they are nice sets (the ninjas are of little to no interest).. So the ninjago CMF probably sold well to small boys, but not so well outside the target group..

HP on the other hand are more like SW with a huge following from kids to adults, but with a lot more female fans than SW I believe! It is apparently the nr 1 theme people are asking for in Lego shops that they do not have on shelf!

I would be very surprised if the CMF (and the rest of the sets) do not sell well enough to warrant a new series :classic:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Mostly kids (boys?) have any interest in the ninjago franchise, when Lego makes great looking ninjago sets AFOLs will buy them because they are nice sets (the ninjas are of little to no interest).. So the ninjago CMF probably sold well to small boys, but not so well outside the target group..

HP on the other hand are more like SW with a huge following from kids to adults, but with a lot more female fans than SW I believe! It is apparently the nr 1 theme people are asking for in Lego shops that they do not have on shelf!

I would be very surprised if the CMF (and the rest of the sets) do not sell well enough to warrant a new series :classic:

People go in Stores and ask where the Harry Potter series are, even after 6 years? Blimey 

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

People go in Stores and ask where the Harry Potter series are, even after 6 years? Blimey 

Well I guess most Lego buyers do not keep track of different waves of sets. So I assume it is more that they want HP sets and ask for it :classic:

The biggest Lego shop in Norway have visited the toy fair in Germany and yesterday they posted that they have seen the new Bugatti car. So I asked if they had seen anything to HP down there and sure enough the reply was; Yes, more info are coming soon!
Not sure what that means, but sounds like they have some sets on display down there :wacko: If that is the case we should get some info soon :tongue: 

33 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well I guess most Lego buyers do not keep track of different waves of sets. So I assume it is more that they want HP sets and ask for it :classic:

The biggest Lego shop in Norway have visited the toy fair in Germany and yesterday they posted that they have seen the new Bugatti car. So I asked if they had seen anything to HP down there and sure enough the reply was; Yes, more info are coming soon!
Not sure what that means, but sounds like they have some sets on display down there :wacko: If that is the case we should get some info soon :tongue: 

Ooo fingures crossed for images. With the Ninjago Docks and Hulkbuster leaks today, the Harry Potter sets leaking would be the cherry on the cake!

Has it been confirmed that we are getting a HP D2C set? I seem to recall the initial rumour was a “licenced” D2C set and it was thought to be HP by deduction. Is it possible the licenced D2C set is the Marvel Hulkbuster that was just leaked? Or is that in addition to a HP one? 

34 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Has it been confirmed that we are getting a HP D2C set? I seem to recall the initial rumour was a “licenced” D2C set and it was thought to be HP by deduction. Is it possible the licenced D2C set is the Marvel Hulkbuster that was just leaked? Or is that in addition to a HP one? 

In addition. The D2C HP Set isn’t due till fall.

This is going to be my first post on this site, hopefully it goes up before Toy Fair reveals too much!

After reading about all the rumors swirling around about a $500 UCS/D2C Hogwarts Castle I got into a bit of a LEGO Harry Potter mood. After looking through Google Images at fans own takes on a UCS Hogwarts I found an image of someone who combined all the Classic Series (2001-2007) Hogwarts sets together into one massive display! The display was pretty interesting, so I decided to look through all of the sets and compare them to a map of Hogwarts to try and picture how a more movie accurate display of the models would look and I came to an interesting conclusion.

Before we begin I should mention this list doesn’t cover any of the sets based on Hogwarts’ surroundings (Hagrid’s Hut, Forbidden Forest, ect.) just the main castle itself. I’m also not covering 4721 or 4722 because they’re... weird…. Prices are in USD

Interior sets are, relatively speaking, very spread out. Only two of them explicitly depict the same room (4701 and 4733) with the rest covering distinct parts of the castle. Interior sets have incredibly detailed rooms/furniture, however the walls are bland and full of gaps.

• 4701: Sorting Hat and 4733: The Dueling Club depict the interior of the great hall.
  • 4706: Forbidden Corridor, 4704: The Room of the Winged Keys, and 4702: The Final Challenge depict the different stages to reach the Philosopher’s Stone.
  • 4729: Dumbledore's Office and 4731: Dobby's Release depict parts of the Staircase Tower (it’s hard to tell weather 4731 is supposed to take place in Dumbledore’s Office or in the hall just outside.
  • 4705: Snape's Class, 4730: The Chamber of Secrets, and 4735: Slytherin depict parts of the dungeon.
  • 4752: Professor Lupin's Classroom takes place off the Central Courtyard
  • 4712: Troll on the Loose, 4751: Harry and the Marauder's Map, and 4753: Sirius Black's Escape take place in undisclosed locations. We know the bathroom is on the first floor near the Great Hall, the statue from 4751 is on a tangent of the third floor corridor which is in turn off of the Staircase Tower, and Black’s escape location could be seen from the movie but I’m too lazy to rewatch those scenes.

At original retail price all these sets would cost $304

Exterior sets (as some people call them "dollhouses") on the other hand aren’t quite so clear cut. While they all depict different aspects of the castle exterior, the rooms within have a lot of crossover with each other. If memory serves each one contains a Gryffindor common room or dorm, and one of them has the Slytherin dorm in a tower! However, some simple shuffling of furniture can fix this discrepancy. The walls and roofs of these sets are highly detailed, but the rooms inside are cramped and basic.

• 4709: Hogwarts Castle depicts the Great Hall, The Main Entrance, and either Gryffindor or Staircase Tower
  • 4757: Hogwarts Castle depicts the Clock Tower, a nearby tower, and the entrance to it’s courtyard
  • 5378: Hogwarts Castle depicts the Owlery, the Greenhouses, and an part of the castle I’m not sure of, but based on its door and the inclusion of the greenhouses must be the Bell Towers

At original retail price all these sets would cost $270

For those of you who don’t know, Hogwarts is essentially split into two halves.

The lower/front half contains the Clock Tower, the Quad, Gryffindor Tower, Dividation Tower, Staircase Tower, the Great Hall, and the Entrance Courtyard.

The upper/back half contains the Middle Courtyard, DAtDA Classroom, Training Grounds, the Bell Towers, the Greenhouses, and the Long Gallery with Central Tower.

Here’s a picture:

Image result for map of hogwarts

As you may have noticed, the vast majority of sets are based on the lower half of the castle, only 4752 and 5378 explicitly take place in the upper half. That means that even with a full Hogwarts collection you’d be missing half of the castle. For the exterior sets that’s not that big of a problem, one or two more sets would probably fix the issue, but for the interiors that’s a lot of missing content. As mentioned before all the interior sets add up to $304 and all exterior to $270, making the grand total of the 2001-2007 LEGO Harry Potter Castle $574! When adding into consideration how money has inflated and that the interior style sets covered less of the total castle as the exterior sets I think a dollhouse style set would be the most likely for a D2C Hogwarts.  

Alternatively, several D2C/Flagship Hogwarts sets could be released depicting different sections of the school (a UCS Quad, a UCS Middle Courtyard, a $90-200 Dungeons set, and the rumored $90 Great Hall.) These segments would be modular with each other to create one giant school. While I think that would be the coolest option, I kind of doubt LEGO would do it (but here’s hoping!)

7 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Ooo fingures crossed for images. With the Ninjago Docks and Hulkbuster leaks today, the Harry Potter sets leaking would be the cherry on the cake!

That would be too good to be true. They come out in March and June, and Harry Potter sets come out in August, so nope.

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That would be too good to be true. They come out in March and June, and Harry Potter sets come out in August, so nope.

Maybe not, but if some of the sets are on display in the toyfairs we could get some confirmation or falsification of the rumours and that would not be half bad either :wink:

At this point, all I want are the English prices for the sets so I know how much to save. I have rough idea but I'd prefer a more clear one. Also, judging by what @Mata_Nui said, we could have a BIG Hogwarts D2C plus the Great Hall if you add up the prices of those sets he mentioned and the rough sizes of the sets. Maybe we'll get at least box sizes at upcoming toy fairs