Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

There are other features that should be priorities ahead of four tables, in order to do the best job ob selling the space visually.  For example the fireplaces on either side.

2 tables while not accurate does the job cause you'd have 4 benches, one for each house.

The width of a table and 2 benches is 6 studs, times 4 is 24 studs. That is A LOT of space taken up by the least interesting part of that room. Not including the space needed between each table and the walls.

Also twice the amount of pieces from 2010 does not mean twice the size, you'd need four times the amount of pieces to double the size.

Edited by deskp

Now that Harry Potter is officially back as a theme I feel that the Licensed banner should possibly consider changing back to HP at some point or at least feature it. After all, other than Star Wars, it was a hugely prominant licensed theme before most of the other ones were even considered being made for Lego (Sorry Superheroes, my allegiance to you has its limits :grin:

-Dumbledore claps and the banner changes- am I even allowed to post gifs here..?

7d447c685baea1ff371cb0305a7140bb.gif

Edited by Ultron

There are a lot of potential future D2C sets in HP:

• Chamber of secrets (I assume it is not in this years set)
  • Forbidden forest
  • Hogwarts express
  • Shrieking shack
  • Hogsmeade
  • The Burrow
  • Lovegood House
  • 12 Grimmauld Place
  • Shell Cottage

Time will show  :classic:

44 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

There are a lot of potential future D2C sets in HP:

• Chamber of secrets (I assume it is not in this years set)
  • Forbidden forest
  • Hogwarts express
  • Shrieking shack
  • Hogsmeade
  • The Burrow
  • Lovegood House
  • 12 Grimmauld Place
  • Shell Cottage

Time will show  :classic:

All of those would make great sets but I think only 2 or 3 at a push would be good D2C sets.  A lot of these would work perfectly fine as regular retail sets. 

Edited by Legoman123

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

All of those would make great sets but I think only 2 or 3 at a push would be good D2C sets.  A lot of these would work perfectly fine as regular retail sets. 

I forgot Ministry of Magic, but I am not that picky; regular sets will be fine also :wink:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I forgot Ministry of Magic, but I am not that picky; regular sets will be fine also :wink:

I think the Ministry of Magic is a must, to be quite honest I can't believe we never got to see it in any of the previous waves.

Personally I would love to see a Hagrid's Hut with both sides of his Hut, he appears to have two rooms in the movies. 

Honestly I don't see how a Ministry of Magic would work as a D2C. I think a Chamber of Secrets/Hogsmeade/or a bigger Burrow would be lovely though. Maybe even a big quidditch pitch! :thumbup:

The Ministry is a huge place but even if it was the fight with Dumbledore and Voldemort that would be great. Same reception area that we had Harry, Ron and Hermione escape from in the Deathly Hallows.

Ok, this is the most ambitious thing ever, but what if they gave us tubes beneath the sets and platforms for the sets to go on. Then, you could drop minifigures down fireplaces and the tubes carry them to a different location. For example, the Burrow to Diagon or Knockturn alley; Hogwarts to the Ministry; the Ministry to Grimmauld place, etc. I know it's never going to happen but wouldn't it be awesome?

30 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Ok, this is the most ambitious thing ever, but what if they gave us tubes beneath the sets and platforms for the sets to go on. Then, you could drop minifigures down fireplaces and the tubes carry them to a different location. For example, the Burrow to Diagon or Knockturn alley; Hogwarts to the Ministry; the Ministry to Grimmauld place, etc. I know it's never going to happen but wouldn't it be awesome?

That would be amazing, if they could somehow manage that. What they could do is have a gap in one of the walls of each set disguised as Floo Fireplace, so the sets can be connected back to back like the modular buildings, so minifigures can be "transported" to and from different locations.

20 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

That would be amazing, if they could somehow manage that. What they could do is have a gap in one of the walls of each set disguised as Floo Fireplace, so the sets can be connected back to back like the modular buildings, so minifigures can be "transported" to and from different locations.

That's an excellent idea. Why don't they employ us as ideas people?

2 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Whenever Lego gets around to making a new Hogwarts Express, should it be motorized?

I think it should be able to be, like how the Fairground sets have options to easily add Power Functions to them.

5 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Meh I rather don't have a play feature that big in such a build. It would ruin the entire building. The idea is fun but it would look terrible on display.

16 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Meh I rather don't have a play feature that big in such a build. It would ruin the entire building. The idea is fun but it would look terrible on display.

I'm a sucker for interesting play features but on this I have to agree. It would probably turn out something like the below image, which is far from ideal. :grin:

001.jpg

4 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I'm a sucker for interesting play features but on this I have to agree. It would probably turn out something like the below image, which is far from ideal. :grin:

No thanks *huh*

If Castle will launch at 1st dec, wil it be able to be a set with cristmas decoration ?There are a lot of christmas scenes in movies and books.

1 hour ago, Lego Petman said:

If Castle will launch at 1st dec, wil it be able to be a set with cristmas decoration ?There are a lot of christmas scenes in movies and books.

It is of course possible, but I am pretty sure is is not a season set like winter village sets, but a set that will be for sale for several years (all year around), so probably not a very season based theme within the set :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

It is of course possible, but I am pretty sure is is not a season set like winter village sets, but a set that will be for sale for several years (all year around), so probably not a very season based theme within the set :sceptic:

Good point.I think i will be good no matter what:)

You are dreaming about futures waves but only the economic parameters will influence the series . If there is a lot of selling, we will be able to dream of a new wave next year.

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

You are dreaming about futures waves but only the economic parameters will influence the series . If there is a lot of selling, we will be able to dream of a new wave next year.

If there is a wave next year it will already be planned. Takes like 2 years to get a wave on the shelves.

22 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That's an excellent idea. Why don't they employ us as ideas people?

Ha ha thanks. Although if they did employ us, I have a feeling every Harry Potter set and minifigure under the sun would be available! (Not that that's a bad thing though :tongue:)

9 hours ago, Lego Petman said:

They could give us mini Christmas trees to add to the build to give it a Christmas-y set up.