Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, deskp said:

I think its time to retire the old hagrid molds. Lego scale is always a bit loose so i think a Beorn style approach would work out for him, Especially now the new skirts don't make other figures taller. Hagrid being able to sit as well would be a benefit.

fm536e.png

Quick example.

I'd like this better, I wonder how they'd do Olympe though.

Speaking of I wonder if we'll see them do
Series 1: movies 1-3
Series 2: movies 4-5
Series 3: movies 6-8

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

We will at least get 2 different; young and old, but even 1 more old?... :sceptic:

I think that Dumbledore is for sure going to be on D2C Hogwarts, so an exclusive Dumbledore for it could make sense.

Also I'm team Richard Harris so I'd definitely like a minifigure of his Dumbledore.

Edited by HarryPotter

6 hours ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I really hope that we are getting 2 different Dumbledores from the Potter films. The Michael Gambon one could be in the great hall with his blue robes while the exclusive Richard Harris one could be in D2C set. It would be cool if we got a completely other design for him with a new face, orange/lilac robes and a new hat piece.. 

Well, we get two Dumbledores... but old and young :grin:

2 hours ago, deskp said:

I think its time to retire the old hagrid molds. Lego scale is always a bit loose so i think a Beorn style approach would work out for him, Especially now the new skirts don't make other figures taller. Hagrid being able to sit as well would be a benefit.

fm536e.png

Quick example.

I like the old one much better. This one looks like a Giraffe-Horse-Man

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I like the old one much better. This one looks like a Giraffe-Horse-Man

That's only a custom though. If TLG made one of around that size, I think it'd be the most accurate Hagrid 

Hagrid is much bigger than a normal person. It’s not like Beorn, who’s just taller, he’s wider and taller and overall much larger. I’d prefer it if they stuck with the old mold. 

As for the color scheme, I want them to keep the tan and sand green. I love the Lego Hogwarts sets with that color and a dark tan castle with gray turrets and roofs would look extremely dull and boring. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hagrid is much bigger than a normal person. It’s not like Beorn, who’s just taller, he’s wider and taller and overall much larger. I’d prefer it if they stuck with the old mold. 

As for the color scheme, I want them to keep the tan and sand green. I love the Lego Hogwarts sets with that color and a dark tan castle with gray turrets and roofs would look extremely dull and boring. 

I agree with you on both topics

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It could look a bit boring, but also less cheap and more realistic. It wouldn’t look like a princess castle but more like an actual, real castle. It also looks a bit "cooler" and spookier. 

10 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

They should use Sand Yellow for the walls and Dark Stone Gray for the roofs. I wouldn't buy a D2C of Hogwarts with the classic Yellow Brick and Sand Green...

I would be disappointed to see the tan+sand green combination. I would be happy if they changed either of the colors (The green roofs will probably stay, only because they give the model a pop of color).

I would be disappointed but I would still buy it — better to get something than nothing (even if it costs 500$). The model would be very bad (ala the Death Star) for me not to buy it.

Will see how it turns out and maybe it turns out to be great!

I agree that Hogwarts colors should be more realistic.  Dark tan with dark grey rooftops would be much better.

I expect the old traditional colors though.

8 minutes ago, ddavid said:

It could look a bit boring, but also less cheap and more realistic. It wouldn’t look like a princess castle but more like an actual, real castle. It also looks a bit "cooler" and spookier. 

I would be disappointed to see the tan+sand green combination. I would be happy if they changed either of the colors (The green roofs will probably stay, only because they give the model a pop of color).

I would be disappointed but I would still buy it — better to get something than nothing (even if it costs 500$). The model would be very bad (ala the Death Star) for me not to buy it.

Will see how it turns out and maybe it turns out to be great!

Bright colors on a castle doesn’t automatically make it a “princess” castle. The color scheme they used for years looks fine and gray roofs would make it very boring to look at. 

32 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

...gray roofs would make it very boring to look at. 

I have to disagree. The MOC referenced on the previous page (and again below) has gray roofs and it looks pretty awesome... though I would hope LEGO's version has even more exterior detail, esp. on the flat walls. I could see them mixing in some sand green to convey oxidized copper accents, maybe for the caps of the turrets and towers, for instance. 

LEGO Hogwarts Castle

Just now, jdubbs said:

I have to disagree. The MOC referenced on the previous page (and again below) has gray roofs and it looks pretty awesome... though I would hope LEGO's version has even more exterior detail, esp. on the flat walls. I could see them mixing in some sand green to convey oxidized copper accents, maybe for the caps of the turrets and towers, for instance. 

The MOC is designed very nicely, but the colors make it drab for me. It doesn’t look like Hogwarts with colors that dark. I think Lego just doesn’t have the perfect color for the roofs (a darker sand green would be ideal I think).

Agree they need a dark sand green. But given sand green is still pretty rare, I'm guessing a darker version isn't coming any time soon... Maybe they could alternate sand green and dark stone gray, checkerboard style?

Honestly I love the sand green. I mean, it has sand green roofing in the models they used for shots of the castle. But if they went to dark gray it wouldn't be the end of the world. I don't see them doing that though. 

I am supposed how early the D2C leaked fo HP considering it's not coming out until December this year.:look:  

If the Great Hall isn't included we could get some real obscure rooms we have never seen before, personally I don't think it will be included in the D2C given the $80/$90 Great Hall that's dealing a few months earlier.  

Also do we have a future Harry Potter sets topic?

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I am supposed how early the D2C leaked fo HP considering it's not coming out until December this year.:look:

Well It is only because of the D2C list we know anything, could be that we have to wait to November too get any more info...

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

If the Great Hall isn't included we could get some real obscure rooms we have never seen before, personally I don't think it will be included in the D2C given the $80/$90 Great Hall that's dealing a few months earlier.

If the 14 minifigs and the price (90$) is right, then it is only going too be a small build with part of the great hall, so I guess either it is something that can be connected to the real great hall in the D2C or it is a small standalone set with a lot of figs..

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Also do we have a future Harry Potter sets topic?

Oct. 1

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Well It is only because of the D2C list we know anything, could be that we have to wait to November too get any more info...

If the 14 minifigs and the price (90$) is right, then it is only going too be a small build with part of the great hall, so I guess either it is something that can be connected to the real great hall in the D2C or it is a small standalone set with a lot of figs..

remember the size of the hogwart hall ;)

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

remember the size of the hogwart hall ;)

Yes, but if the price and minifig count is right then the set is going to be rather small, the D2C on the other hand can have a big one for all I know :tongue:

for 90 dollar it could use about 900  bricks. thats maybe a a third or a quarter of the d2c?  With all the parts going towards one section that's reasonably substantial.  Where d2c might have to spread its piece count aroud of various sections.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, but if the price and minifig count is right then the set is going to be rather small, the D2C on the other hand can have a big one for all I know :tongue:

They could use bigger bricks to make up the walls, roof and tables and then smaller ones to make the finer details like the food, the house points system and the statues on the wall. Maybe even we'll finally get the bewitched night sky and the floating candles 

34 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

They could use bigger bricks to make up the walls, roof and tables and then smaller ones to make the finer details like the food, the house points system and the statues on the wall. Maybe even we'll finally get the bewitched night sky and the floating candles 

Stupid question, but how do you think would they pull off the magic ceiling and the floating candles?

Edited by HarryPotter

1 hour ago, deskp said:

for 90 dollar it could use about 900  bricks. thats maybe a a third or a quarter of the d2c?  With all the parts going towards one section that's reasonably substantial.  Where d2c might have to spread its piece count aroud of various sections.

Yes, but if it is 14 minifigs then it is no way we get 900 bricks for 90 dollars, if the 14 figs are wrong and or the price is higher then it is possible off course..

36 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

They could use bigger bricks to make up the walls, roof and tables and then smaller ones to make the finer details like the food, the house points system and the statues on the wall.

Yes, but bigger bricks is more expensive than small and if it are going to fit with the D2C, then it can not be a joniorized build..