Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Brickwraith said:

The only flaw I see in your logic is the fact that HP is only supposed to be getting 5 (Unsure of exact number) sets, The Lego Batman Movie had 3 waves of sets to have main characters in.

This, I think there's more potential with HP collectable figs because all the sets that have ocme before and are to come mostly only include the main characters (Harry, Hermione, Ron) the heads of houses, and the main teachers.

There are characters like Neville, Luna, Ginny that are not included in any of the sets but are important characters with definite potential.

Lupin, Trelawny are important professors to year 3 specifically so there's no reason not to include them. Cedric and Luna could easily be included to include Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torsos, also Cho Chang.

I'm fine with the ghosts because they are fun characters that would not be included otherwise but I'd say James and Lily potter are definitely not something I'd prioritize over these other characters.

I'm definitely hoping that there will be updated versions of the Hogwarts Express (Hopefully with the Trolley Witch and a few students), Hagrid's Hut (Perhaps with the pumpkin patch and Buckbeak), and the Burrow in 2019.  Those all seem like no-brainers to me.  New versions of the Chamber of Secrets and the Shrieking Shack would also be great.

37 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

The only flaw I see in your logic is the fact that HP is only supposed to be getting 5 (Unsure of exact number) sets, The Lego Batman Movie had 3 waves of sets to have main characters in.

Harry Potter is getting 3 Sets for this wave along with a cmf and a d2c. We don’t know what Lego has plans for the rest of the theme but it seems as if there will be more Harry Potter. It was never confirmed that Harry Potter was going to be a one and done theme infact I think it will be here with us for a few years. But Lego really seems to be using the guide lines that obscure characters are in the cmf and more recognizable characters in the big sets

30 minutes ago, OneWithTheForce said:

There are characters like Neville, Luna, Ginny that are not included in any of the sets but are important characters with definite potential.

Neville is coming in the great hall set

I hope this line lasts till at 2020. I will buy every set that comes out. A Ministry of Magic Headquarters set would be really cool.

Edited by RODDY

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Harry Potter is getting 3 Sets for this wave along with a cmf and a d2c. We don’t know what Lego has plans for the rest of the theme but it seems as if there will be more Harry Potter. It was never confirmed that Harry Potter was going to be a one and done theme infact I think it will be here with us for a few years. But Lego really seems to be using the guide lines that obscure characters are in the cmf and more recognizable characters in the big sets

Neville is coming in the great hall set

I hope you're right that this theme will last longer, i just started liking Harry Potter 2 years ago, so I don't have any sets and the old ones are overpriced now

26 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I hope this line lasts till at 2020. I will buy every set that comes out. A Ministry of Magic Headquarters set would be really cool.

Ministry of Magic? I'd buy that. ^^

Since we're getting A UCS Hogwarts hopefully we get some sort of equivalant with Hagrid's Hut and a Quidditch pitch.

If this theme is meant to last till the FB movies are over, hopefully we get peaks at Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, Ilvermorny, ect. they would make beautiful sets and we could have a series.

Edited by OneWithTheForce

I could plausibly see Lego making a Ministry Escape set that could include disguised versions of Harry, Ron, and Hermione, as well as Umbridge and Yaxley.  A locket Horcrux could also be included (One of my hopes is that they include all of the Horcruxes throughout the sets, perhaps a set for each one)

15 minutes ago, OneWithTheForce said:

Since we're getting A UCS Hogwarts hopefully we get some sort of equivalant with Hagrid's Hut

Maybe a forbidden forest set :sweet:

On 16/01/2018 at 2:49 PM, doclord said:

That's what makes me think it's real. An obvious fake would have ones like Umbridge, Moody, Bellatrix and others that will most likely appear in an expensive set like the D2C.

Also, a friend pointed out that all the figures are from Books 1-3.

Those are exactly the kind of names I would expect though.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Welcome Mr Potter :wink:

Thank you. :laugh:

I'm super excited for this new HP wave, 4766 A.K.A Graveyard Duel was my first Lego ever.

11 hours ago, Ultron said:

Madam Hooch and the Fat Friar, respectfully. 

So two characters who aren't all that interesting then. I know Peeves wasn't in the films but he'd be a much better choice for a minifigure.

48 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

So two characters who aren't all that interesting then. I know Peeves wasn't in the films but he'd be a much better choice for a minifigure.

Eh, to each their own. I think the house ghosts are a really great inclusion. Side characters really help flesh out displays, which is what I've got for HP! As for Hooch, they might give her a new hairpiece this time around, which would be great for collectors not interested in the series. The only characters I don't really want are Lily and James (and even then I'll buy them) because they're dead.

4 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

One thing that still haven't been done in any previous set and I'd love to see on the UCS Hogwarts Castle is the Grand Staircase.

Actually set 4757 had a Grand Staircase with moving stairs, sadly it was just crammed in the hogwarts set with just a standard stairs piece and didn't include any paintings but you can see what they were going for. But a proper Grand Staircase is of course a must have to be included in the rumored D2C Hogwarts set. 

44 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

I can't wait to see the first pictures. I think its will come sooner, as jurassic leak.

I'm most excited for the d2c howgwarts, that will be released by the end of 2018. That means I will have to wait almost a whole year to even see how this set looks like. The sooner we get some leaked images or more info (like official description, piece count and minifigures list) about the castle the better :)

Edited by ddavid

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

Eh, to each their own. I think the house ghosts are a really great inclusion. ...

The only characters I don't really want are Lily and James (and even then I'll buy them) because they're dead.

Hate to break it to you, but the house ghosts are dead too. 

2 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Yes, I am aware.

The difference is that the ghosts are displayable within the castle, Lily and James are unusable other than in what, the mirror of Erised and a Resurrection stone scene? I'm still looking forward to them, but they're the least useful, imo. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students would have been good army builders, not sure why Lego wouldn't be interested in that money. All well. 

3 hours ago, OneWithTheForce said:

If this theme is meant to last till the FB movies are over, hopefully we get peaks at Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, Ilvermorny, ect. they would make beautiful sets and we could have a series.

Oh, that would be great. We could have some lovely variety, especially if they all worked together somehow. Especially with those new shingled roof parts they introduced over in the Disney Princess line. 

I know it's been linked to here with set descriptions so you'd normally assume that would be a very firm confirmation but I always hesitate when a huge amount of figures get included in set rumours... especially one which is under £100.

I could imagine them really going for it in the large scale £500 Hogwarts... but with just the Great Hall... I think I'll reserve my excitement for when something or someone more trustworthy gives it all the nod.

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Yes, I am aware.

The difference is that the ghosts are displayable within the castle, Lily and James are unusable other than in what, the mirror of Erised and a Resurrection stone scene? I'm still looking forward to them, but they're the least useful, imo. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students would have been good army builders, not sure why Lego wouldn't be interested in that money. All well. 

Here you can use they! :grin::grin: I will no longer have to erase with photoshop the scar of Harry's head used for James haha

35069048230_4084eb34ee.jpg

Edited by ETELENZOS92

10 hours ago, Ultron said:

Eh, to each their own. I think the house ghosts are a really great inclusion. Side characters really help flesh out displays, which is what I've got for HP! As for Hooch, they might give her a new hairpiece this time around, which would be great for collectors not interested in the series. The only characters I don't really want are Lily and James (and even then I'll buy them) because they're dead.

The house ghosts are fine, but I've never had a desire to own them in LEGO form. The list as a whole seems pretty weak, with hardly any significant characters. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a Harry Potter CMF series to at the very least include Dumbledore, Hagrid and Voldemort.

8 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Apparently the House ghosts are neither dead or alive, they chose to be a ghost as they are scared of death.  At least that's what a quick google search has told me.:laugh: