Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It’s not “obviously” not based on 1-3. The only figures or scenarios outside of those films is the inclusion of Voldermort in the Great Hall.

so if you want to go down the “obvious” route, it is that the wave is based on books 1-3

Not trying to start a fight here, but all I'm trying to say is wait for Hogwarts - they will most likely be covering the characters/scenes we aren't getting in the other sets in that (DADA Professors, Order of the Phoenix, Death Eaters,etc.)

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

I’m wondering if the presence of a CMF series is an indication that the figs in the actual sets will have high quality prints to match those of the CMFs, which always get special attention to detail. It’d be weird to have really detailed Dursleys and then a main character with minimal printing or something. 

Not even from many fans considering some of us reject it as canon 

Imagine Vernon Dursley with his fat belly like Bombur, character from the hobbit:

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

I’m wondering if the presence of a CMF series is an indication that the figs in the actual sets will have high quality prints to match those of the CMFs, which always get special attention to detail. It’d be weird to have really detailed Dursleys and then a main character with minimal printing or something. 

There's no guarantee there. TLBM series 2 was very detailed but the minifigures from the third wave released at the same time lacked numerous details.  

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

That would be a nice play feature also, but would most likely include a sticker sheet that give AFOLs nightmares :grin:

I'd imagine most people who bought Ninjago City are pretty immune at this point. 

42 minutes ago, OneWithTheForce said:

How many new molds do you think we'll get out of the CMFs and sets? Simpsons, Disney, and TLBM were all filled to the brim with new sculpts but I can see them working out just fine with what we have for HP.

Going by the current rumors possible new parts could include the snitch (more likely a printed part IMO), a firework (easy to make w/ existing parts), a cake or candle (introduced in the upcoming CMF series?), a pig tail, a whistle, and maybe some new hair pieces?  

27 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

As for the minfig series, they are giving us obscure figures that would be a waste of space in sets or just wouldn't work, and it just so happens that most of those characters are from the 1st 2 films. The Dursleys, Potters, and Ghosts just wouldn't fit in any sets that people would ACTUALLY buy, even though they are cool figures.

The ghosts would make a lot more sense in the Hogwarts D2C, to my eyes. And LEGO has made sets of Privet Drive before, which would be logical places to include the Dursleys.

The thing with the Hogwarts D2C is that there are just way too many potential characters that could be included. Even with 20+ minifigures like the Death Star many of them couldn't fit.

I think that the ghosts are more suited for a CMF series since they require a lot more printing than most of the Hogwarts students/teachers.  

Does anyone think this hairpiece could potentially work really well for a young Hermione when her hair was crazy?

latest?cb=20151111163447

4 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Does anyone think this hairpiece could potentially work really well for a young Hermione when her hair was crazy?

latest?cb=20151111163447

Too Big!! :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So are we not seeing anything to do with HP until December then?

No the cmf and regular sets come out in August 

4 minutes ago, Ultron said:

latest?cb=20151111163447

In the same shade as the Dimensions hermione it would look perfect.

I don't know how I feel about the list though, it doesn't offer a whole lot of assecories or new options you'd get with more exciting characters, also it's lacking on a lot of Fantastic Beasts content considering we have so many new characters that aren't going to be in any sets and haven't so far: President Piquery, Credence, Graves, Newt variants with creatures, Queenie, Jacob...

13 minutes ago, Ultron said:

*hair snip*

Maybe, if they decide to play that up to make a figure look very different from any "older" versions, assuming Lego even decides to do that.

9 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Too Big!! :sceptic:

I can see that, but her hair was rather poofy. But who's to say if they're going to try and make the younger versions of the characters

hermione-granger-young-hermione-granger-

4 minutes ago, OneWithTheForce said:

In the same shade as the Dimensions hermione it would look perfect.

I honestly still don't know if I like the lighter Dimensions hair color on her. Probably because I've had Hermione as a fig with the dark brown hair since the original wave so many years ago.

The leaked list is looking great; glad we get a mix of revamps of old characters and totally new characters that we’ve never seen before (and wouldn’t be likely to appear in a set, such as James and Lily and the Dursleys)

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

No bangs.

So, does anyone know how they're going to do the ghost figures? Will they have trans while body parts? They've already done heads in that colour . .

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, does anyone know how they're going to do the ghost figures? Will they have trans while body parts? They've already done heads in that colour . .

If so, the torso would not be transparent, nor would the hips or hands.

I don't think the ghost minifigs will have transparent pieces. In the movies the ghosts are looking like very pale people, so the figures should be looking just normal, maybe with white-ish skin color. They are not a Ghostbusters Slimer ;)

30 minutes ago, x105Black said:

No bangs.

True, but it's not like her current hair piece is 100% accurate either. 

18 minutes ago, Ultron said:

True, but it's not like her current hair piece is 100% accurate either. 

That's true, but between the price of the CMF minifigures and the fact that there's never been a really good Hermione Hairpiece, I think they just need to make a new mold.

The wording in the description is interesting, 'mantle in the form of raincoat' makes it seem like we're getting the trench coat cloth piece from TLBM.

Edited by strangely

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, but Lily can't be holding baby Harry with the scar, because he got his scar AFTER Voldemort killed Lily 

If anything, baby Harry with the scar should come with Dumbledore or Aunt Petunia 

----

Also, the list says we are getting adult Lily but teenage James. That sounds odd to me

And James comes with the Snitch??? But he wasn't a Seeker, but a Chaser

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that these are untrue to the source material?

Adult Lily and teen James isn’t that weird since they both only made it to the age of 21 before they died. And James was a Seeker, that was why Harry being so good was a big deal because he was the best since his father. 

12 minutes ago, strangely said:

The wording in the description is interesting, 'mantle in the form of raincoat' makes it seem like we're getting the trench coat cloth piece from TLBM.

It's either that or just a weird translation of "cape piece"

Alternatively, it could be the CMF Highwayman cape that goes over the shoulders.

Edited by doclord

17 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Adult Lily and teen James isn’t that weird since they both only made it to the age of 21 before they died. And James was a Seeker, that was why Harry being so good was a big deal because he was the best since his father. 

That's a goof in the first film, he is actually a Chaser. 

But now that you mention it, these might be based on the films, not the books. Which means no Peeves :sceptic:

1 minute ago, doclord said:

It's either that or just a weird translation of "cape piece"

Alternatively, it could be the CMF Highwayman cape that goes over the shoulders.

It's certainly possible that it's just a weird translation, but the exact wording makes me think otherwise. If it just said 'mantle', than I'd have assumed it was just a cape (In fact I believe that mantle or mantel might be equivalent to cape in some European languages), but the comparison to a raincoat seems oddly specific. If it were just an ordinary cape, I wouldn't see any need to compare it to anything as the cape is a widely known Lego element. So, the fact that the writer of this description felt the need to add more to the description might indicate it being a special element.

They've needed a better solution for robes for years. I just can't ignore the solution they created for TLBM, it's too good an element to not exist in reality. Too, they replaced the slope brick with a proper dress piece, so revamping the cloth elements probably isn't so far fetched anymore.

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I just realised, the cmf says we get the bloody baron, a ghost that's literally covered in blood, I thought Lego was avoiding blood?

They also avoid religious minifigures, and here they are releasing a monk. And they already released a Voodoo doll Captain Jack Sparrow

When the license requires it, they can "break" their own rules.