Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

yeah, the Great Hall sounds like way "too good". Unless, the building is not that big, and this is actually like a "wizards pack" 

It must be some kind of wizard pack if 14 minifigs are correct. It is over double the price as a the city one, so should include more than 100 bricks, but probably very few for a 90$ set.. So then it make it less likely to be compatible for the D2C.. There are a lot of figs to cover, but one wizard pack and one CMF series in one wave, they better not make a enormous D2C with microfigs :devil: Hope and think it is still a minifig compatible D2C coming :blush:

After the Great Hall and the CMF there will be a lot of Wizards minifigures around.

I think Hogwarts will have a similar construction to the Disney Castle - with an open back (I can’t think of another alternative. Something like with the Ghostbusters HQ won’t work because of the structure of the building, and sth. like the Modulars would not be good for playability (and Lego always has to keep it in mind sigh!). And than we could just get the basic minifigs (like 7-8), because all the interesting ones will be covered by the CMF or other HP sets.

I think I would like this approach because than the castle would have more detailes and wouldn’t be forced to host 15-20 minifigs 

With the introduction of all kind of powerblasts and such in the DC superheroes line, can we expect also all kind of rays and beams which you can put onto your magic wand? Or do some of the blasts and defending rayshields already fit onto wands?

The whole 14 minfig thing dosnt sound that ridicules to me, The great hall is a set that requiers allot of figures and the Hogwarts 4842 was only a bit more expensive and included 11 minifigs and was the "whole castle" 

6 hours ago, Borex said:

With the introduction of all kind of powerblasts and such in the DC superheroes line, can we expect also all kind of rays and beams which you can put onto your magic wand? Or do some of the blasts and defending rayshields already fit onto wands?

Looking at a lot of the infinity war sets there're some good trans blue shield pieces which would work. Although I don't know whether they'll fit on the current wand piece. 

18 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Looking at a lot of the infinity war sets there're some good trans blue shield pieces which would work. Although I don't know whether they'll fit on the current wand piece. 

Not directly but you could easily connect the two with a 1x1 cone or a similar part.

19 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I’d like to see expecto patronum mocs with trans pieces and some of the new beams :-)

53 minutes ago, 4nt0n said:

The whole 14 minfig thing dosnt sound that ridicules to me, The great hall is a set that requiers allot of figures and the Hogwarts 4842 was only a bit more expensive and included 11 minifigs and was the "whole castle" 

It was $40 (45%) more expensive 8 years ago. No doubt us AFOLS will love(*) it if it turns out to be real, but it would be pretty far from the norm with LEGO.

(*) By "love" I mean bitch & complain about: lack of arm/leg printing, figures that should also have been in the set, figures that are in the set but doesn't belong in the great hall, the build itself, stickers instead of printed pieces, and the overall laziness of LEGO to release a set with a puny build and just add lots of minifigs.

58 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

It was $40 (45%) more expensive 8 years ago. No doubt us AFOLS will love(*) it if it turns out to be real, but it would be pretty far from the norm with LEGO.

(*) By "love" I mean bitch & complain about: lack of arm/leg printing, figures that should also have been in the set, figures that are in the set but doesn't belong in the great hall, the build itself, stickers instead of printed pieces, and the overall laziness of LEGO to release a set with a puny build and just add lots of minifigs.

was it really 130 dollars had forgotten that. Your probably right about the loveing to bitch about it when pictuers leak :grin:

8 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

That’s true, AFOLs are never 100% happy with the sets we get. 

25 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That’s true, AFOLs are never 100% happy with the sets we get. 

Half the fun is never being happy about what we get. :wink:

Guys a possible list of Harry Potter cmf have leaked!!!! Afroman posted this himself I think it is legit 

Harry 

Ron 

hermine 

lily potter 

james potter 

fred Wesley 

george Wesley 

the three deserlys 

roland stunt 

bloody baron 

sir Nicholas

thick monk

myrtle

sirus black

2 more unknown ones 

Edited by Falconfan1414

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Guys a possible list of Harry Potter cmf have leaked!!!!

Yeah! Includes all phantoms from all four houses and Myrtle!! 

Also for Harry Potter fans we get the invisible cloak, the golden snitch, printed sweets from Hogwarts, a baby harry!!!!!!, marauders map, fireworks, harry’s Letter from Hogwarts, tom riddle’s diary 

That's an interesting list and by the looks of them including more of the obscure characters rather than the main ones, it looks like we'll be getting the more popular characters in the Hogwarts set.

Possibly the UCS Hogwarts will be Battle of Hogwarts themed??? There are no DADA teachers on that list along with the Order of the Phoenix, so maybe they'll be included in Hogwarts? This gets me really curious...

The... thick monk? Really? Was he in the movies at all, because that's awesome.

Edit: Yep, for a few seconds in Sorcerers Stone. Good stuff.

I am sad to see there are no Fantastic Beasts figures like Queenie, Jacob, Graves or Credence.

Edited by doclord

Baby Harry :laugh::laugh::laugh:

that is just very cool. 

I don’t know most of the people on that list, but will google them. Hopefully some usable stuff for non-potters as well

I'm actually pleased they don't seem to be too focused on Fantastic Beasts, but more of a focus on Potter. I'd rather have a full and character filled Hogwarts rather than a bunch of FB characters with no scenery to put them in. 

And there's no way we aren't getting Tina, Queenie, or Jacob. They wouldn't do that.

27 minutes ago, doclord said:

The... thick monk? Really? Was he in the movies at all, because that's awesome.

Edit: Yep, for a few seconds in Sorcerers Stone. Good stuff.

I am sad to see there are no Fantastic Beasts figures like Queenie, Jacob, Graves or Credence.

Who is it / where does he show up? Even google can't seem to find thick monk :P 

Just now, Kevii23 said:

Who is it / where does he show up? Even google can't seem to find thick monk :P 

His real name is the Fat Friar, lol.

3 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Who is roland stunt?!

Mistranslation of Rolanda Hooch, the Quidditch instructor.

This also all lines up with the leak about 14 figures in the Great Hall, there are no repeats besides the trio!

Edited by doclord