Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

14 hours ago, Kez said:

#75954 The Hogwarts Hall - $89.99
Description:

• "Visit the magical hall of the Hogwarts School! Receive points from Dumbledore and use the clever mechanism to unfold the flags of the faculties, but be careful - the cunning Volan de Mort *Voldemort* is trying to destroy the castle! Stop him from doing it with a team of friends!"

Additional Information:

• Perhaps among the minifigures will be Hagrid, in the set there is a function of the destruction of the wall.

Minifigures (x14):

• Harry Potter (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Hermione Granger (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Ron Weasley (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Draco Malfoy (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Neville Longbottom (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Professor McGonagall
  • Professor Albus Dumbledore
  • Professor Severus Snape
  • Filch (attached as an accessory to the cat is Mrs. Norris, made in a new detail)
  • Dementors x2
  • Lord Voldemort
  • Unknown characters x2

There's just no way a set at a $90 price point will include 14 minifigs - which causes me to question the source. 

It *might* be a microfig game style set though - like revamped version of this:

3862-1.jpg?201007060221

If if is - I'll give it a pass.

Really hope the rumours of a large D2C castle are true though

20 minutes ago, ElectroDiva said:

There's just no way a set at a $90 price point will include 14 minifigs - which causes me to question the source. 

60153: People Pack - Fun at the Beach had 15 at £35 and 8038: The Battle of Endor had 12 at £85, the model may be smaller as a result but I'd bet my immortal soul that its minifigs, how reliable is the source for saying that its 14? ( Also in my book skeletons, droids , and thusly dementors don't really count anyway so its more like 12)

@Agent Kallus - Fun at the beach was a city parts pack with no real build to speak of and crucially, no licensing fees.

Battle of Endor is a much better comparison but that set is nearly 10 years ago now.

I take your point though that it could still be a high minifig count with some pseudo figs to bulk it out - still think it would be <10 though at that price point for a licensed set. Guess we'll see

46 minutes ago, ElectroDiva said:

It *might* be a microfig game style set though - like revamped version of this:

It is more likely it has 14 minifigs than it is a game with microfigs :tongue:

The last wave of HP in 2011 had 4 sets with a minifig average per set at 6,5!
Among them 10217: Diagon Alley; it had over 2000 pices and cost 150$, the same as 10218: Pet Shop give or take. Pet shop had 4 minifigs, Diagon Alley had 12 :wink:
Another set in the wave 4867: Hogwarts had 7 minifigs, 466 parts and cost 50$, add 7 more figs, only a few more parts and 40$, then it is possible :tongue:

It's going to be a minifig scale set. Obviously not microscale...

I don't see why everyone is so shocked about the 14 figures. Lego is smart and they know that having all of the main Harry Potter characters to fill the Great Hall will be an amazing selling point. Plus, they are the basic figures in Hogwarts uniforms, nothing too special or wildly rare/exclusive, probably just updated versions. 

They know the wave is going to be small so they are just stacking the sets with figures, because Harry Potter is known for its wide variety of characters.

Even though it's $90, they couldn't just give 5 characters in the Great Hall. It's just not that type of scene and Lego is getting smarter and smarter with understanding what people are willing to buy.

Edited by GryffindorResistance

The closest (and most likely best) comparison is probably last year’s Arkham Asylum. A licensed non-D2C set with 13 total figures, in which a number of them had near identical body parts (aka uniforms), which undoubtedly helped the budgeting. Of course that set was way more than $90...

I don’t normally add my opinions regarding rumors, but that set description just sounds like BS to me. 

75954 The Hogwarts Hall - $89.99
Description:

• "Visit the magical hall of the Hogwarts School! Receive points from Dumbledore and use the clever mechanism to unfold the flags of the faculties, but be careful - the cunning Volan de Mort *Voldemort* is trying to destroy the castle! Stop him from doing it with a team of friends!"

Additional Information:

• Perhaps among the minifigures will be Hagrid, in the set there is a function of the destruction of the wall.

When i read again this description, i can't imagine that the 2 unknown minifigs are Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students.  The guy who saw the set didn't manage to identify the both minifigs, because maybe Diggory and cho chang.

"Receive points from Dumbledore ": There are 4 houses in hogwart, not only Gryffindor and Slytherin! Come on! i am sur ^^

Edited by Black Numenorean

I find it believable to be honest. They have 3 HP sets to spread these characters across, and two of them feature Harry and Ron. TLG will put the cool side characters in the (we'll say supposed) $500 Hogwarts, but they need a way for kids to get the mains. They can't expect kids to fork out that much just to have them so they've got to put them elsewhere and the Great Hall is their only bet for this first wave.

Edited by Ultron

The flag mechanism sounds interesting, based on the way they come down in the films suggest they might use cloth rather than a printed piece.

16 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I'm shocked they haven't included Hermione! Unless I'm missing something...

Yes you are missing something. Hermione is on Hogwarts Great Hall lol

9 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I'm shocked they haven't included Hermione! Unless I'm missing something...

According to this rumour she is in the great hall.. Last 2 waves had 10 sets, Harry was in all 10, Ron and Hermione in 3 each, that was excellent . There are so many figs to chose from, so if Ron and Hermione are in every set in addition to Harry there are only room for a few more figs.. If the rumour is right, then it is a little worrisome that Ron is in all 3 sets :sceptic: On the other side then it is 14 figs in the big set I addition to D2C and CMF, so should be plenty of different figs :tongue:

Thanks @Kez for the new info!

I really like nature and I'm really curious about the Whipping willow and its mechanism that swings the branches!

What I'm hoping for in the great Hall is the Sorting Hat. It's a fun little detail that could be added to the scene. And if it isn't in the set, that it should be in the CMF collection.

22 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I kind of doubt there'll be Dementors in the Great Hall set because they never go into the Great Hall. Not in the movies at least

They just needed some baddies for Voldemort to come with. They wouldn't put Bellatrix or Fenrir into a set with so many desirable characters.

24 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I kind of doubt there'll be Dementors in the Great Hall set because they never go into the Great Hall. Not in the movies at least

But this set is intendent to be a play set, so there might be some inaccuracies

Edited by ddavid

15 minutes ago, doclord said:

They just needed some baddies for Voldemort to come with. They wouldn't put Bellatrix or Fenrir into a set with so many desirable characters.

14 minutes ago, ddavid said:

But this set is intendent to be a play set, so there might be some inaccuracies

Both valid points. I see what you're saying

I see 14 happening. They want the people who can't afford the D2C to have the essential characters at least cause if you buy the other sets the only minifigs you will have is muliples of Harry and Ron. As for minifigs for the D2C I can see more of the obscure characters (hopefully the minifig count is similar to the Death Star not the Millenium Falcon). Lockhart and a Chamber of Secrets would be cool.

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I see 14 happening. They want the people who can't afford the D2C to have the essential characters at least cause if you buy the other sets the only minifigs you will have is muliples of Harry and Ron. As for minifigs for the D2C I can see more of the obscure characters (hopefully the minifig count is similar to the Death Star not the Millenium Falcon). Lockhart and a Chamber of Secrets would be cool.

Hopefully we got Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington and Moaning Myrtle!!

Well, the source has been accurate so far. 

That being said, yeah, the Great Hall sounds like way "too good". Unless, the building is not that big, and this is actually like a "wizards pack" 

What would be cool is if we get a Richard Harris Dumbledore in one Hogwarts Set, and a Micheal Gambon Dumbledore in the other. Not sure how they’d do it, but it would be awesome!

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Well, the source has been accurate so far. 

Without explicitly commenting on the validity of the source, I'll say this: I'm pretty sure that it's more than one "source" so far.

Edited by Azani

6 hours ago, Whovastron said:

What would be cool is if we get a Richard Harris Dumbledore in one Hogwarts Set, and a Micheal Gambon Dumbledore in the other. Not sure how they’d do it, but it would be awesome!

Basically the CMF Wizard but with flesh color and burgundy robes, I'm hoping the CMF line allows them to include more new molds which it surly will. I could see them putting in a few of the smaller animals with Newt variants, maybe they'll even include an actual wand mold this time. I always thought the ones in the games looked better than the regular old stick piece they threw in.