Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Brickset already shows prices to almost all sets. And when Brickset posts some new information its almost allways true!

The sets are priced at: 15, 25, 30, 70, 90$ + the unknown price of the "Castle" set.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Harry-Potter/year-2018 

The most exciting thing is the 71043 - with a "Hogwarts Castle" and most importantly the D2C tag. This will be the second D2C set in Lego Harry Potter. And we all know that D2C sets are large, detalied and cool! And from some other leaks we know that the set will have a similar piece count as the awesome 7140 Disney Castle retailing at 350$. I doubt that it will cost 500$ like some leaker said, becouse it would be pretty much out of the range for many people. I thing with over 4000 pieces we can get a good representation of the of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry :)

And there is another interesting information: the 90 $ 75954 is tagged "General" - meaning it will be something from the surrounding of the School, without connections to any particular Movie. In the past "General" sets were the Hogwart Castle, Hagrid's Hut and the Hogwarts Express.

Edited by ddavid

51 minutes ago, ddavid said:

And there is another interesting information: the 90 $ 75954 is tagged "General" - meaning it will be something from the surrounding of the School, without connections to any particular Movie. In the past "General" sets were the Hogwart Castle, Hagrid's Hut or Hogwarts Express.

If it's the Great Hall, this makes sense because the Great Hall is in every movie.

We will probably also get the big D2C Hogwarts Castle and it would be strange to pay over 300$ for a set without a very important part of the building. We could also get 2 Great Halls, but this idea doesn't speak to me. I'm a big fan of trains and I would be thrilled to see a new Hogwarts Express, but I really doubt that will happen. I don't really know what could this set be. Maybe just a unspecific part of the castle or sth. idk.

Edited by ddavid

4 minutes ago, ddavid said:

We will probably also get the big D2C Hogwarts Castle and it would be strange to pay over 300$ for a set without a very important part of the building. We could also get 2 Great Halls, but this idea doesn't speak to me. I'm a big fan of trains and I would be thrilled to see a new Hogwarts Express, but I really doubt that will happen. I don't really know what could this set be. Maybe just a unspecific part of the castle or sth. idk.

The great hall is the biggest part of Hogwarts, so I'm assuming that if the D2C is Hogwarts then it will simply be empty or hollow with playability instead being in other areas of the castle. This allows them more pieces to use for the rest of the build.

1 hour ago, ddavid said:

Brickset already shows prices to almost all sets. And when Brickset posts some new information its almost allways true!

The sets are priced at: 15, 25, 30, 70, 90$ + the unknown price of the "Castle" set.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Harry-Potter/year-2018 

The most exciting thing is the 71043 - with a "Hogwarts Castle" and most importantly the D2C tag. This will be the second D2C set in Lego Harry Potter. And we all know that D2C sets are large, detalied and cool! And from some other leaks we know that the set will have a similar piece count as the awesome 7140 Disney Castle retailing at 350$. I doubt that it will cost 500$ like some leaker said, becouse it would be pretty much out of the range for many people. I thing with over 4000 pieces we can get a good representation of the of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry :)

And there is another interesting information: the 90 $ 75954 is tagged "General" - meaning it will be something from the surrounding of the School, without connections to any particular Movie. In the past "General" sets were the Hogwart Castle, Hagrid's Hut and the Hogwarts Express.

Im so glad the rumours are coming together. I was a little worried in the couple of months where we heard practically nothing 

3 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Im so glad the rumours are coming together. I was a little worried in the couple of months where we heard practically nothing 

:)

Recently I had the same feeling with the 2018 Modular: Downtown Diner when all rumours from 3 different Lego forums started to come together. Than a leaked photo apperared and a few weeks later we had the official announcmet. 

Great Hall as well as a smaller one in the UCS Hogwarts? You mean like Final Duel as a full set and a smaller version in the Death Star? It's been done before.

I picked up all of the final two waves for HP as well as getting a very good deal on a used Diagon Alley so I'm very excited for any sets they bring out but I'll wait until I get some proper confirmation about what it to be released.

Exciting news anyway!

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Great Hall as well as a smaller one in the UCS Hogwarts? You mean like Final Duel as a full set and a smaller version in the Death Star? It's been done before.

Also the Gandalf and Saruman battle in Saruman's tower!

I just realized, Penguin's umbrella from Lego Batman might've been introduced with Hagrid in mind.

Edited by doclord

12 minutes ago, Robianco said:

If that is the case, I hope you can detach the smaller one and add the bigger one to the D2C but if that does happen, it might ruin the scale of the D2C

I hope there isn’t a second Great Hall in the D2C. A $500 castle without the Hall would be amazing, since they can focus on other aspects and include more detail in things like Gryffindor Tower. 

The odd thing about this wave is that every set is from Howarts or the grounds around it, so every thing points to them being building blocks in a mega set. I hope that is the case because that is going to be epic :grin:

On the other hand I have problems seeing that they make a giant D2C Hogwarts without the great hall included.. Maybe it has a great hall, but the other set is still possible to connect to it so it become even grater :sweet:

Surprised that the price tag are so low on the the other sets in the wave..

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The odd thing about this wave is that every set is from Howarts or the grounds around it, so every thing points to them being building blocks in a mega set. I hope that is the case because that is going to be epic :grin:

On the other hand I have problems seeing that they make a giant D2C Hogwarts without the great hall included.. Maybe it has a great hall, but the other set is still possible to connect to it so it become even grater :sweet:

no complaints on the price here!  As a fan that got into collecting maybe a month or two after the previous HP series retired, I'll take what I can get. :)

4 hours ago, doclord said:

The great hall is the biggest part of Hogwarts, so I'm assuming that if the D2C is Hogwarts then it will simply be empty or hollow with playability instead being in other areas of the castle. This allows them more pieces to use for the rest of the build.

I think that the Great Hall will probably be in two 'halves' that can be hinged open or put together; like the part that's a set on its own might have the teachers' table and a pedestal for the Goblet of Fire and maybe one or two of the house table, and the part in the D2C will have the rest of the house tables. And it'll be built so that the two halves can be attached together and then hinge open in two halves for display. 

Guys lets be real,

if the Great Hall really is the $90 set, they obviously wont be do another Great Hall in the UCS version. The UCS Version will most likely have the Great Tower along with other towers and bridges such as Gryffindor Tower, classrooms, The Clock Tower with small courtyard. Maybe a greater scale version of the 2004 and 2007 Hogwarts Castle's that seem to be more movie accurate.

In the video he talks about the D2C Hogwarts and that it could not be a minifig scale model, but rather microfigure scale like the UCS Helicarrier or the Ideas Saturn V. If thats true this will see a accurate model of the hogwarts castle, becouse in a minifig scale its truly impossible to do that without spending a ton of money. And than it would make perfect sence to make a seperate minifig scale Great Hall set.

It's never going to be minifigure scale. Have you visited the HP tour at WB Studios in Watford? The Hogwarts at the end of the tour might be minifigure scale... but it's the size of a house. Even the Helicarrier was microscope as a set but with space to 'play' with the minifigures.

35 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

if the Great Hall really is the $90 set, they obviously wont be do another Great Hall in the UCS version. The UCS Version will most likely have the Great Tower along with other towers and bridges such as Gryffindor Tower, classrooms, The Clock Tower with small courtyard. Maybe a greater scale version of the 2004 and 2007 Hogwarts Castle's that seem to be more movie accurate.

That's very true

1 minute ago, Robianco said:

It's never going to be minifigure scale. Have you visited the HP tour at WB Studios in Watford? The Hogwarts at the end of the tour might be minifigure scale... but it's the size of a house. Even the Helicarrier was microscope as a set but with space to 'play' with the minifigures.

If they're going to bring back a line from the past, they have to draw in new customers and I doubt they'd do that with a microscope scale

8 minutes ago, ddavid said:

In the video he talks about the D2C Hogwarts and that it could not be a minifig scale model, but rather microfigure scale like the UCS Helicarrier or the Ideas Saturn V. If thats true this will see a accurate model of the hogwarts castle, becouse in a minifig scale its truly impossible to do that without spending a ton of money. And than it would make perfect sence to make a seperate minifig scale Great Hall set.

That is just a theory.. The other sets you mention is more or less impossible to make look good in minifig scale, Hogwarts on the other hand have several nice looking versions in minifig scale.. HP is also very character driven so I think and hope minifigs are essential to the set :wink:

9 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That's very true

If they're going to bring back a line from the past, they have to draw in new customers and I doubt they'd do that with a microscope scale

Bloody autocorrect!! Obviously microscale. I think if they went with accuracy of shape for the building in it appearing micro fig scale wouldn't be such an issue if the interior areas were designed to allow minifigs to live in it. Much like the Disney Castle does. The problem there is Hogwarts is a campus type of a castle and has a much broader footprint. We know the areas of the school from the hall to the staircases to the dungeons with Snape's class to the bathrooms, the hidden rooms, the Chamber, the greenhouses, the forest, the lake... They're never going to please everyone as there's just too much to include.

Edited by Robianco
Typos

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I think you forgot the minifies series.

At the end, you must pay a lot for all the thing about Harry potter!

I highly doubt Hogwarts will be done in the same way the Helicarrier was.  Personally I hated that set for the simple reason that there was no interior.

I really can't see lego making two Great Hall's, it makes no sense. Personally I think the ideal situation is to have the $500 Hogwarts castle minifigure scale with only the $80 Great Hall to attach to it (maybe more HP sets to attach to the castle in future waves).  So technically to get a complete Hogwarts it will be a $580 set.

Edited by Legoman123

31 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I think the ideal situation is to have the $500 Hogwarts castle minifigure scale with only the $80 Great Hall to attach to it

You could to the same with the previous harry potter wave: 4867 and 4842 connected to make a bigger castle. But this time is a bit different. And the difference is that this is a D2C set and those sets are always complete models. I don't think there is a D2C set that can connect with other sets. Modulars and Winter Village don't count becouse there are a part of a series and you just add another set to your town, but you don't combine them into a bigger model.

Edited by ddavid