Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Um, how credible are the rumors surrounding the alleged CMF series? I'm asking since Mariopower on IG has just posted a list of the upcoming Unikitty sets and that includes a CMF series... Is there really space for four regular series this year? I know 2016 also had four series, but one of those was an Europe-exclusive incredibly short-lived one that didn't really count :wacko:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Um, how credible are the rumors surrounding the alleged CMF series? I'm asking since Mariopower on IG has just posted a list of the upcoming Unikitty sets and that includes a CMF series... Is there really space for four regular series this year? I know 2016 also had four series, but one of those was an Europe-exclusive incredibly short-lived one that didn't really count :wacko:

Could the unikitty be what people thought was the Harry Potter?

Edited by Falconfan1414

What was the number for the HP Minifigure series?

EDIT: mariopower says it will be like the mixels theme, brickbuilt models. So the Harry Potter CMF are still on the table

Edited by Whovastron

50 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

EDIT: mariopower says it will be like the mixels theme, brickbuilt models. So the Harry Potter CMF are still on the table

Do you mean the Unikitty ones?

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'd go with quite credible. It seems to have been as confirmed as it will ever be that 71043 is a Hogwarts set, and sets in that series are usually related to CMF lines like the 71040 Disney Castle to go with the Disney series.

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Do you mean the Unikitty ones?

Yeah, makes sense that they’ll be a bruilt built series in similar fashion to mixels

22 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Yeah, makes sense that they’ll be a bruilt built series in similar fashion to mixels

Hopefully it doesn't mean we won't get HP CMF series

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

upcoming Unikitty sets and that includes a CMF series

Make no sense at all since they are not minifigs :iamded_lol:Something closer to mixels is more likely :classic:

14 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I hope they'll do a Hogsmede and Shrieking Shack if the line is popular 

I can see this carrying on for at least as long as the Fantastic beast's movies are coming out.  I'd go as far to say we could even see two waves per year, there are just so many sets that we need remade and sets that were never even created in the first place, it just makes sense for Lego to carry this line on for a few years.

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I can see this carrying on for at least as long as the Fantastic beast's movies are coming out.  I'd go as far to say we could even see two waves per year, there are just so many sets that we need remade and sets that were never even created in the first place, it just makes sense for Lego to carry this line on for a few years.

They probably won't but I hope they don't reissue sets like they did with all the Hogwarts in the original run. Like how the 2011 one connected with the 2010 one and had different aspects

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

They probably won't but I hope they don't reissue sets like they did with all the Hogwarts in the original run. Like how the 2011 one connected with the 2010 one and had different aspects

I mean I can't see them doing more Hogwarts connecting sets if we are getting a $500 Hogwarts and the $90 Great Hall Separately.  They could possibly do The Chamber of Secrets as an add on but I recon that'd be all.

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I mean I can't see them doing more Hogwarts connecting sets if we are getting a $500 Hogwarts and the $90 Great Hall Separately.  They could possibly do The Chamber of Secrets as an add on but I recon that'd be all.

You never know. They could do all the different common rooms, the owlery, Forbidden Forest, Black Lake, Quidditch Pitch, there's lots of possibilities

Edited by RealGeronimo11

I wouldn't mind another Chamber of Secrets. The last rendition left so much room to improve upon, especially with modern building techniques.

17 minutes ago, Master_Data said:

I wouldn't mind another Chamber of Secrets. The last rendition left so much room to improve upon, especially with modern building techniques.

Also you'd get updated figures of Tom Riddle and maybe Lockhart and Moaning Myrtle and perhaps a new Basilisk and Fawkes piece

54 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

You never know. They could do all the different common rooms, the owlery, Forbidden Forest, Black Lake, Quidditch Pitch, there's lots of possibilities

Personally I would love to see common rooms for all 4 houses along with the sleeping area for all four houses as well.  I do hope we get slightly bigger common rooms than the ones we got in the 2010 Hogwarts though, I mean I'd be willing to sacrifice Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff common rooms for substantial sized Gryffindor and Slytherin common rooms.:grin:

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Personally I would love to see common rooms for all 4 houses along with the sleeping area for all four houses as well.  I do hope we get slightly bigger common rooms than the ones we got in the 2010 Hogwarts though, I mean I'd be willing to sacrifice Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff common rooms for substantial sized Gryffindor and Slytherin common rooms.:grin:

Just as long as we get Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw uniforms in the first place! :grin:

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Hopefully they do a kind of interchangeable system so each section can be removed and mixed and matched like the modular buildings. So as they release more sections, you can put them in which ever way you want to make the castle more accurate and bigger

I think a lot of people are having way to high hopes for this. I'm sorry to break it to you but we aren't getting the other common rooms or the kitchen or stuff like that. LEGO are probably ONLY making the most important scenes as a Ravenclaw tower wouldn't make any sense for the younger audience unless some major event happened there in the films. They most certainly won't make anything from the books unless it's some kind of small fun hint.

Just now, Brick Wizard001 said:

I think a lot of people are having way to high hopes for this. I'm sorry to break it to you but we aren't getting the other common rooms or the kitchen or stuff like that. LEGO are probably ONLY making the most important scenes as a Ravenclaw tower wouldn't make any sense for the younger audience unless some major event happened there in the films. They most certainly won't make anything from the books unless it's some kind of small fun hint.

Unfortunately that's most likely true. But it's fun to dream

9 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Unfortunately that's most likely true. But it's fun to dream

Agreed but i think it might be possible for them to include some of these more rare things in the d2c set since it is for the more enthusiastic HP fans.

9 minutes ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

Agreed but i think it might be possible for them to include some of these more rare things in the d2c set since it is for the more enthusiastic HP fans.

Yeah. Kind of like the Disney Castle. Saying that, if they did take that approach and they do the small rooms the same way the Disney Castle did, it wouldn't match up to the Great Hall and Whomping Willow if it is that big. I wonder if that confirms plans for future sets so they can make more parts of the castle. I hope you know what I mean

1 hour ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I wouldn't say that's entirely true, the Harry Potter books are children's books too, and I think every kid likes to be sorted into a house. They don't have to add anything big but at least having small rooms with each house would be nice, as well as of course minifigures with Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw torsos.

I should also add Lego made a sorting hat around the time the first sets came out, only they failed to ever actually make torsos for other houses so the set really didn't do much did it...

Kids like to play with a roleplaying aspect and I can only imagine houses are part of that.

Edited by OneWithTheForce

Just now, OneWithTheForce said:

I wouldn't say that's entirely true, the Harry Potter books are children's books too, and I think every kid likes to be sorted into a house. They don't have to add anything big but at least having small rooms with each house would be nice, as well as of course minifigures with Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw torsos.

I should also add Lego made a sorting hat around the time the first sets came out, only they failed to ever actually make torsos for other houses so the set really didn't do much did it...

Kids like to play with a roleplaying aspect and I can only imagine houses are part of that.

That's true

On 1/5/2018 at 4:49 PM, kirkwoodproductions said:

I'd go with quite credible. It seems to have been as confirmed as it will ever be that 71043 is a Hogwarts set, and sets in that series are usually related to CMF lines like the 71040 Disney Castle to go with the Disney series.

I have heard zero hard evidence to support either, as unfortunate as it is.