Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

To play devils advocate ,at least if they did that we'd get a larger variety poof characters as all the individual sets would come with a harry and I'd doubt that they'd put more than 3 Harrys in one set (and different versions too!).

I guess anything is better than nothing, I just hope they concentrate just on the castle.  Possibly a quiddith area as well, but that's it.  I'm sure it will have elements from all 7/8 movies. 

Lets be a little realistic with the minifig lists; If we are in fact getting a Great Hall and Hogwarts, those will probably include the main set of students, professors, and others (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Hagrid, McGonnagall, Voldemort, Malfoy, Snape, Ginny, Luna, Sirius, Lupin, Neville, Bellatrix, etc.) The minifig line would probably include the characters that would be hard to place in those settings, something like this:

- Harry variant

- Ron variant

- Hermione variant

- Fred

- George

- Molly 

- Arthur

- Umbridge

- Quirrell

- Slughorn

- DADA professor

- Professor

- Professor

- Death Eater

- Griphook or Dobby

- Triwizard Champion

- Tonks

- Kingsley

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

Lets be a little realistic with the minifig lists; If we are in fact getting a Great Hall and Hogwarts, those will probably include the main set of students, professors, and others (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Hagrid, McGonnagall, Voldemort, Malfoy, Snape, Ginny, Luna, Sirius, Lupin, Neville, Bellatrix, etc.) The minifig line would probably include the characters that would be hard to place in those settings, something like this:

- Harry variant

- Ron variant

- Hermione variant

- Fred

- George

- Molly 

- Arthur

- Umbridge

- Quirrell

- Slughorn

- DADA professor

- Professor

- Professor

- Death Eater

- Griphook or Dobby

- Triwizard Champion

- Tonks

- Kingsley

It’s rumored to be a Wizarding World series, so FB characters will be represented as well. 

They’ve got to give us ravenclaw and hufflepuff torsos this time around, right? ...Right?

Either way I’m hyped for Hogwarts. I’ll scream if it’s microfig scale though. That’s unacceptable. Nice to finally get a licensed theme that is location focused and not vehicle focused like marvel, dc, and star wars tend to be. I always liked that about the harry potter theme

Is it just me or would anyone like a UCS hogsmeade set (kinda like the temple of airjitzu) and all the Hogwarts sets to be separate but connectable/modular

Not sure if this would include FB tho

1 hour ago, Ninjaboss said:

Is it just me or would anyone like a UCS hogsmeade set (kinda like the temple of airjitzu) and all the Hogwarts sets to be separate but connectable/modular

definitely!

i could easily see this line continuing if these sets are successful in a way that replicates the original waves back in the day, with all the sets just building a big Hogwarts.

hagrids hut, shrieking shack, Quiditch ground, hogsheads, train station, chamber of secrets. So many possibilities!

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

definitely!

i could easily see this line continuing if these sets are successful in a way that replicates the original waves back in the day, with all the sets just building a big Hogwarts.

hagrids hut, shrieking shack, Quiditch ground, hogsheads, train station, chamber of secrets. So many possibilities!

There are so many sets that came out in the first couple of waves that I would love to see remade.  There are also so many locations we should have got but never did.  I truly believe this line could stick around permanently with two waves a year as there is so much material to go from.

I think a D2C Knight bus would be awesome.:wub:

40 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Is Nuremburg the first time we can expect to see anything from this theme?

I doubt it. That usually showcases June sets, not August ones. 

If the Great Hall set is based just on HP I'd guess it would contain:

Harry & Hermione in G uniforms, Malloy in S uniform, Luna in R uniform, Cedric in H uniform, Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape

maybe if we're lucky it could also have Flitwick & Sprout

On 1/1/2018 at 2:18 PM, Ninjaboss said:

Having Diagon Alley, I definitely wish they would release another set to add to those. 

Honestly it’s been so many years since the last sets so I’d rather they’d completely redo everything. Everything could do with an upgrade. Also with the d2c set they better be making a complete Hogwarts set. Lego has evolved enough to be able to pull it off withput being incomplete.

2 hours ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

Honestly it’s been so many years since the last sets so I’d rather they’d completely redo everything. Everything could do with an upgrade. Also with the d2c set they better be making a complete Hogwarts set. Lego has evolved enough to be able to pull it off withput being incomplete.

There's a small problem with that. Let me list off all the different parts of Hogwarts that they'd have to include to make a 'complete' Hogwarts, even if you exclude the Quidditch Pitches and Hagrid's Hut:

The Great Hall

Gryffindor Common Room

Slytherin Common Room

Ravenclaw Common Room

(Hufflepuff Common Room? It never actually appeared in the books or movies so . .)

Potions Classroom

Transfiguration Classroom

Charms Classroom

Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom (complete with office that can be customised depending on whether Lupin or Umbridfe is in residence)

Outdoor Grounds

Divination Tower

Astrology Tower (where Snape killed Dumbledore)

Herbology Greenhouses

The Third-Floor Corridor on the East Wing (complete with Fluffy)

All the rooms of challenges between Fluffy and the Philosopher's Stone

The Chamber of Secrets

The Room of Requirement (which can be changed out to match the DA HQ, the Hiding Place, or Dumbledore's room of chamberpots)

Dumbledore's Office

Slughorn's Office

The courtyard where Umbridge fired Trelawney and was humiliated by Fred and George

The massive bridge between Hogwarts and the open grounds where Hagrid's hut is (as seen in the movies)

At least three secret passages out of Hogwarts, including the one-eyed statue one. (Don't remember the statue name, sorry.)

Hospital Wing

Kitchen of the House-Elves

Filch's Office

Girls' Bathrooms

Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom

Library

Prefects' Bathroom

Clock Tower (though this could probably be merged with the Astronomy Tower)

Quad Battlement Catwalks

Potions Supply Cupboard (complete with enough Boomslang skin for both Hermione and Barty Crouch Jr.)

And I'm sure there's stuff I've forgotten. Plus this isn't even counting stuff like Hagrid's Hut, the Whomping Willow, and Aragog's lair.

Do you see the problem? If LEGO tried to cram ALL of that into a single minifigure-scale set, even a D2C, then they'd probably blow the 2017 Mega-Falcon out of the water as the biggest Lego set ever. There will never be a single official set that comprises all of the elements of Hogwarts together - Hogwarts is simply too big. That's why the modular approach of having elements of Hogwarts in separate sets that can be combined together works so well; it lets people get the parts that they want without having to shell out for everything else, and still enables diehard collectors with cash to burn to get everything and create a 'complete' Hogwarts. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296
Great thanks to Huigberts Builds for adding stuff to the list!

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

And I'm sure there's stuff I've forgotten. Plus this isn't even counting stuff like Hagrid's Hut, the Whomping Willow, and Aragog's lair.

Hospital Wing, kitchen underneath the great hall, boathouse, filch's office, grand staircase, Girls' Lavatory, Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom, library, Prefects' bathroom, clock tower, catwalks by the quad battlements. And we're probably not even halfway there.

Honestly I don't think they'll be able to include everything unless they did two big UCS sets. For sure we'll get:

Great Hall

Staircase Tower

Dumbledore's office

Astronomy Tower

Viaduct Bridge

Clocktower

Greenhouses

All Common Rooms

DADA Classroom

Potions Classroom

Divination Classroom

Myrtle's Bathroom

Anything else is anyone's guess but I'd wager those are the most central and important parts to put in this set

I think we'll likely get all the Head of Houses, as well as a student from every house at the least, I can't see them jamming a bunch of characters in like with the Death Star because the pricing will likely go towards the set itself rather than the figs.

Edited by OneWithTheForce

I think we will get more or less the same parts of Hogwarts as the previous versions had only made better, with maybe a addition or two.. 1-2 common rooms, 1-2 classrooms definitely not all of them..

Maybe it will be something like Kingdoms Joust 10223 or Horizon Express 10233 where one set is excellent, but two sets are needed to make it "complete"?!

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

There's a small problem with that. Let me list off all the different parts of Hogwarts that they'd have to include to make a 'complete' Hogwarts, even if you exclude the Quidditch Pitches and Hagrid's Hut:

The Great Hall

Gryffindor Common Room

Slytherin Common Room

Ravenclaw Common Room

(Hufflepuff Common Room? It never actually appeared in the books or movies so . .)

Potions Classroom

Transfiguration Classroom

Charms Classroom

Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom (complete with office that can be customised depending on whether Lupin or Umbridfe is in residence)

Outdoor Grounds

Divination Tower

Astrology Tower (where Snape killed Dumbledore)

Herbology Greenhouses

The Third-Floor Corridor on the East Wing (complete with Fluffy)

All the rooms of challenges between Fluffy and the Philosopher's Stone

The Chamber of Secrets

The Room of Requirement (which can be changed out to match the DA HQ, the Hiding Place, or Dumbledore's room of chamberpots)

Dumbledore's Office

Slughorn's Office

The courtyard where Umbridge fired Trelawney and was humiliated by Fred and George

The massive bridge between Hogwarts and the open grounds where Hagrid's hut is (as seen in the movies)

At least three secret passages out of Hogwarts, including the one-eyed statue one. (Don't remember the statue name, sorry.)

Hospital Wing

Kitchen of the House-Elves

Filch's Office

Girls' Bathrooms

Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom

Library

Prefects' Bathroom

Clock Tower (though this could probably be merged with the Astronomy Tower)

Quad Battlement Catwalks

Potions Supply Cupboard (complete with enough Boomslang skin for both Hermione and Barty Crouch Jr.)

Do you see the problem? If LEGO tried to cram ALL of that into a single minifigure-scale set, even a D2C, then they'd probably blow the 2017 Mega-Falcon out of the water as the biggest Lego set ever. There will never be a single official set that comprises all of the elements of Hogwarts together - Hogwarts is simply too big. That's why the modular approach of having elements of Hogwarts in separate sets that can be combined together works so well; it lets people get the parts that they want without having to shell out for everything else, and still enables diehard collectors with cash to burn to get everything and create a 'complete' Hogwarts. 

We are not going to get all of those sets and I definetly won’t expect it nor would I want it. I think th most famous parts of Hogwarts should be in the D2C set like: Great Hall, Dumbledore office, Gryffindor tower, DADA, potions, slytherin house and the clock tower. Something like this: 

All the other locations could be single builds. I think that would be the best solution.

Speaking about the D2C of Hogwarts, what part do you think they will do? I choose (A) the part of the Staircase Tower, the Quad and the Clock Tower before (B) the part of the entrance of the Viaduct, since it would be a very linear set.

39469783971_4a5ecf33bc_c.jpgHogwarts D2C Options by Etel Enzos, en Flickr

The great hall definitely won’t be in the D2C if it’s being a set on its own.

i think they won’t do a specific section (like mentioned in the post above) but will just do recognisable buildings with modular connecting walls or something.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

The great hall definitely won’t be in the D2C if it’s being a set on its own.

I wouldn't say "definitely". It's just as likely that they release a standalone Great Hall set that is smaller in scale than the version included in the D2C (esp. if the D2C version is really ~$500, putting it out of reach of many if not most buyers) or it could function as an add-on that combines with/comexpands the size of the Great Hall in the D2C. LEGO did something similar with the Star Wars UCS Assault on Hoth and a smaller Hoth set released concurrently.

We still don't know what the CoG one is so maybe it'll be another section of Hogwarts so we have the Great Hall, something else and then the rest of the castle as the D2C set

8 hours ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

We are not going to get all of those sets and I definetly won’t expect it nor would I want it. I think th most famous parts of Hogwarts should be in the D2C set like: Great Hall, Dumbledore office, Gryffindor tower, DADA, potions, slytherin house and the clock tower. Something like this: 

All the other locations could be single builds. I think that would be the best solution.

That would be pretty cool, though I would hope that it would be configurable like the most recent Hogwarts. I think it was 2010 or 2011. Plus, all the parts need to be able to be combined together, for one massive super-structure that diehard collectors can assemble. 

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

That would be pretty cool, though I would hope that it would be configurable like the most recent Hogwarts. I think it was 2010 or 2011. Plus, all the parts need to be able to be combined together, for one massive super-structure that diehard collectors can assemble. 

I totally agree. And it should be pretty big judging by the price tag

We have prices for the sets from Mario.power56. They Are: Aragog - $14.99; Newt's Suitcase - $24.99; CoG set - $29.99; Ford Anglia Escape - $69.99; Great Hall $89.99

Edited by RealGeronimo11