Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Those are some really bizarre Set choices. The willow is a good idea, and one I hoped to see, but why put another chamber of secrets set in such a small wave? An especially as they’re trying to get in a new child audience, why a giant spider?

The Great Hall is the most odd. Is this the d2c? Or will the d2c be the rest of Hogwarts with this set as an add-on?

I agree, these are odd choices, but nice ones in my opinion! In the past we've gotten Aragog with Hagrid's Hut, the Ford Anglica with the Hogwarts Express, and attempts at a full Hogwarts - seems like they want to remake parts of old sets in a new, more specific way. 

If these rumours are true, I'm happy that we get the Whomping Willow, and I think focusing specifically on the Great Hall rather than attempting to encompass all of Hogwarts is a great idea. All that detail. :wub: Maybe if the Great Hall set did well enough, we could see expansions for it in the future!

Anyway, I'll be happy if these rumours are true!

Newt's suitcase is an unconventionally strange one.

From the Brick Fanatics article.

Newt Scamander’s suitcase – this is rumoured to be a buildable, child sized suitcase. There are brick built beasts included too, in minifigure scale, that can be stored in the case.

I kind of wonder if this info is PARTIALLY true. Aragog and the Whomping Willow with Ford Anglia could easily be one set. Both those scenes only revolve around Harry and Ron, both those scenes involve the Ford Anglia...

So maybe there are 3 sets, but we actually don't know one of them yet. Great Hall, Whomping Willow/Anglia/Aragog set, and...

I'm pretty excited about the Great Hall if true, and that suitcase sounds like a lot of fun. Hoping we get a lot more info at the Nuremberg Toy Fair starting on January 31st.

The HP sets sound disappointing,the only one that makes me hopefull is the Great Hall the other two not so much.Not to mention that they're odd choices.Why have two sets out of all three based in the same movie??

Edited by LOTR34

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Those are some really bizarre Set choices. The willow is a good idea, and one I hoped to see, but why put another chamber of secrets set in such a small wave? An especially as they’re trying to get in a new child audience, why a giant spider?

The Great Hall is the most odd. Is this the d2c? Or will the d2c be the rest of Hogwarts with this set as an add-on?

Nothing was mentioned about CoS? Are you confusing the Crimes of Grindelwald (COG) abbreviation?

i think the great hall is a pretty great idea.  There is a ton of detail available there and they could add a ton of figs to it. Willow is a bit weird for a reintroduction of the series though, though I guess it’s shown in almost every movie.

Just now, KevinMD said:

Nothing was mentioned about CoS? Are you confusing the Crimes of Grindelwald (COG) abbreviation?

i think the great hall is a pretty great idea.  There is a ton of detail available there and they could add a ton of figs to it. Willow is a bit weird for a reintroduction of the series though, though I guess it’s shown in almost every movie.

Both the Aragog and Willow sets are scenes from Chamber of Secrets.

also the Willow is only shown in the 2nd and 3rd film

Edited by Whovastron

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Both the Aragog and Willow sets are scenes from Chamber of Secrets.

also the Willow is only shown in the 2nd and 3rd film

Ah gotcha, thought you were referring to an actual CoS set.  Had to check as I thought they had clips of the willow shaking snow /killing birds and such throughout the series but apparently not.

aragog’s old set was rubbish, so if it’s a new forbidden forest set that could definitely be a fun one. 

Just had a thought.

aragog - forbidden forest

womping Willow - Hogwarts grounds

great Hall - Hogwarts castle

all 3 sets are set within Hogwarts/ could contain things to connect and create a fuller Hogwarts.

if the D2C is indeed Hogwarts, the great hall can connect to that, and the other sets can populate the grounds. Not so bizarre now.

Ooh, a set based on Newt's suitcase? Now that sounds cool . . . though the 'buildabie suitcase' thing is a little nerve-wracking. It sounds like they'll use an unnecessary amount of parts for that, which could easily drive up the price . . .

15 minutes ago, doclord said:

Well that means no Hogwarts D2C I guess...

Could the D2C not be separate to the wave?

Either the Hogwarts D2C doesn't have a great hall feature or it's not Hogwarts. 

With the coaster tracks being everywhere in 2018, maybe Gringotts or the Buckbeak coaster from Florida will feature?

22 minutes ago, doclord said:

Well that means no Hogwarts D2C I guess...

Do you remember the Harry Potter set 4867? It was part of the castle that could connect to the larger Hogwarts. They could go that route with the grand hall being able to connect to the main Hogwarts 

Hogwarts Great Hall pretty much means there will be Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torsos

The other 2..... Hmmm dunno. Both of them are based on a single set from 1 of the movies. I was expecting something more general

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Do you remember the Harry Potter set 4867? It was part of the castle that could connect to the larger Hogwarts. They could go that route with the grand hall being able to connect to the main Hogwarts 

They could, but then it would be a very expensive D2C missing a crucial part of Hogwarts unless you buy the DLC, so to speak.

Those rumors are rather far fetched. It is a weird selection of sets. And while a plastic suitcase to store brick built beasts is certainly possible, a brick built suitcase seems like it would be excessively repetitive and expensive. 

I quite like my theory that all these sets are just based on areas in Hogwarts. Perhaps the other FB set will also be set in Hogwarts. And the Aragog Set could easily contain Hagrids hut. Maybe they’re going for a throwback to the old ‘collect and build’ aspect of the original waves.

I bet the great hall set will include the moving staircase tower as well. I don't think it makes sense to just do the great hall because they know more people will want the whole castle. 

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Just had a thought.

aragog - forbidden forest

womping Willow - Hogwarts grounds

great Hall - Hogwarts castle

all 3 sets are set within Hogwarts/ could contain things to connect and create a fuller Hogwarts.

if the D2C is indeed Hogwarts, the great hall can connect to that, and the other sets can populate the grounds. Not so bizarre now.

That's... Actually not too farfetched.

I've been thinking what if the COG set is another part of Hogwarts (either the entire other part of just 1 location of the building). See it like this, maybe Hogwarts plays a bigger part in that movie than we realise. So they wanted to make a Hogwarts set centered around that movie, only problem is, what about the HP characters, most of them only appeared in the school, and we can't get 2 Hogwarts sets. So they could have done the main hall just to get a lot of HP figures, and the other parts are set in COG. This way we can have both settings, and the best part, people who just want the figures and don't care about FB can get the Great Hall and the other way around. And people who want the entire build can buy both. It's just a thought, and most likely won't be the case, but it would be cool.

That's a pretty plausible set list. 3 sets is what every new Marvel movie gets, and these are a nice bonus to go along with FB. Looking forward to seeing how the Great Hall turns out.

How reliable is the set list rumour? It seems odd that would choose to include Aragog again. The Great Hall could be “great” but I can’t see them including a ton of minifigs...which seems like a requirement for that set to work. I’m still hoping the D2C set is a large, highly detailed Hogwarts. There is an army of ‘now’ adult HP fans with money burning a hole in their pockets waiting for that to happen! 

Though the idea of potentially having a Hogwarts Castle D2C and a Great Hall be separate sets seems rather odd, if it means getting a bigger and better Great Hall and the rest of the castle getting more fleshed out, I'm all for it.

I'm also hoping that the Aragog is better than the 2010 version.