Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

19 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

If Harry Potter merch is primarily targeted at girls these days... what if it's a mini doll theme with a minifigure CMF line?? I have nothing against the minidoll lines and am in fact happy they exist but my personal preference is for minifigures so that would be a bit of a bummer to me. Still, I think LEGO is wise enough to know that HP sets will attract an older demographic in addition to kids, so they'd keep it minifigure. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Why would even think up such a horror, let alone say it out loud...? 

39 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Why would even think up such a horror, let alone say it out loud...? 

To be honest I could see it happen. I rather have regular minifigures, or maybe both alongside each other (although that chance is very small), but if it happens anyway they better give us adorable versions of Dobby and Fluffy :tongue:.

On 11/11/2017 at 12:10 AM, Robert8 said:

Both lines can exist simultaneously

Like the DC comics lines

I hope they don't have exclusive figures like Bellatrix in mini doll form only because I'd prefer to have regular minifigures for as many characters as possible

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is the minidoll thing actually happening?

No lol. I don't know who came up with that idea but it seems a bit ridiculous. Although Harry Potter appeals to both boys and girls, it is not a little girls theme. 

Yeah, it's all still just speculation up till this point since we barely know any details. Just discussing all different possibilities until we get some more details in 2018.

On 11/11/2017 at 12:10 AM, Robert8 said:

Both lines can exist simultaneously

Like the DC comics lines

The DC Comics ones are different franchises too (outside of lego), designed to appeal to boys and girls separately. Whereas HP and FB doesn't follow the same pattern.

My friend said today that there was going to be a UCS Hogwarts Express with multiple carriages and loads of minifigures.

I'm not sure I've made any comments on this thread since the first page or so but I'm not going to speculate about what could be released or what I'd like to see... I'm just glad something is coming... whatever it is.

I will comment, as others have previously, about the popularity of Harry Potter and the Wizarding World that JK Rowling has created in general. It's still huge. Massive. The exhibition at the British Library is mostly sold out right up until it closes in March 2018. Cursed Child has been hugely successful at the theatre and has opened in Broadway as well as London's West End. WB Studio Tour in Watford is always booked well in advance with large crowds for each time slot. Events parks such as Universal are still hugely popular. The books are still hugely popular. The crowds at Kings Cross earlier this year with Platform 9 3/4 just go to show just how HP and his world are still very present in people's minds.

Harry Potter has never been Star Wars. It wasn't created as the toy monster that SW is but it's popularity has spawned thousands of spin off items and other forms of revenue in much the same way. It will never be the toy and merchandise juggernaut that SW is... but nothing else will either. Let's not try and judge it by that example.

I saw a list of the 2018 minifigure series' by mario_power56 on Instagram and it had Harry potter/Fantastic Beasts on it. Does that mean it's official @Sir von Lego

Edited by RealGeronimo11

50 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I saw a list of the 2018 minifigure series' by mario_power56 on Instagram and it had Harry potter/Fantastic Beasts on it. Does that mean it's official @Sir von Lego

It also had a Ninjago Series on it which is not coming so I would take this as no confirmation.

28 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

We will get the second Batman Series in January and a birthday themed one with 17 minifigures in April/ May.

so HP should be the autumn one, IF it is happening. Didn't see any pictures of HP collectible series, so I cannot confirm nor deny.

At least some of the leaks and rumours are turning out to be true

On 11/14/2017 at 12:37 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

My friend said today that there was going to be a UCS Hogwarts Express with multiple carriages and loads of minifigures.

If this is true that would be awesome. Please let it be true.

On 14-11-2017 at 12:37 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

It would be cool, but I rather have Hogwarts.

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

So, which rumors I started didn't come true? ?

I don’t think any rumors you have stated have turned out to be false. You only said for certain we are getting sets based on Harry Potter that include Harry Potter himself nothing else. 

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think any rumors you have stated have turned out to be false. You only said for certain we are getting sets based on Harry Potter that include Harry Potter himself nothing else. 

Yeah, @Sir von Lego, you're the best. I wasn't just talking about your rumours. Just ones in general

Call me crazy but I think we have our first Harry Potter CMF revealed:

57 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

DEMENTOR CONFIRMED? *laaughs*

I suppose it make sense since it would a massive army builder

Related image

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Call me crazy but I think we have our first Harry Potter CMF revealed:

I suppose it make sense since it would a massive army builder

Related image

Yes but it hasn't been confermed. But I think if they make 20 minifigures there are high chanches one is a dementor.

If they do in fact include dementors in the minifigure series I hope they use the old body with a new face and cape. The old body worked well in my opinion

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

If they do in fact include dementors in the minifigure series I hope they use the old body with a new face and cape. The old body worked well in my opinion

The only word I don't like in this sentence is the first one. :sweet: