Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Could 71043 be a Harry Potter D2C? :look:

I know it's not on topic but can't find it in the Star Wars thread, but are we getting a Cloud City next year, if so it is my most wanted SW set.:wub:  

Also I think bringing a theme as popular as HP back will need an UCS set.  

I missed out on almost all of it due to  having my lego dark ages sadly when these sets came out. 

So any sets of harry potter are exciting as I missed the first time.

On 9/28/2017 at 7:44 AM, deskp said:

If this is a limited theme  I really hope with Harry potter the only thing they focus on is Hogwarts. That can include both the express and Hagrid's hut.

With 4 versions (if you include the Bridge) I feel like it would be too excessive. Plus, I have 3 & 4 so I wouldn't want to replace them!

i would really love to see Privet Drive redone, or a Ministry of Magic set. I feel like the MoM is really what was missing throughout the entire line. 

2 hours ago, Jayoheazy said:

With 4 versions (if you include the Bridge) I feel like it would be too excessive. Plus, I have 3 & 4 so I wouldn't want to replace them!

i would really love to see Privet Drive redone, or a Ministry of Magic set. I feel like the MoM is really what was missing throughout the entire line. 

Don't you mean 5 versions?

1. philosophers stone/chamber of secrets

2. Prisoner of Askaban

3. Order of the Phoenix

4. 2010

5. The Bridge

If this indeed turns out to be for the magical world of Harry Potter it's highly likely to be Hogwarts. They would be finally able to get the castle right (and include both books and movies). They better include all 4 houses and a (sizeable) potions classroom for a chance (besides the obvious great Hall, random classroom (which the last one didn't even have *huh* (not counting the extra bridge set), come on it's a school) and Dumbledore's office).

3 hours ago, deskp said:

Well we got 0 accurate ones.

I would disagree. The Prisoner of Askaban set was a great representation of the clock tower building. And the 2010 and 2011 sets represented specific locations quite well aswell. Especially the great hall in the 2010 set.

9 hours ago, deskp said:

Well we got 0 accurate ones.

I don't think that's a realistic expectation given how large Hogwarts actually is and how limited in pieces the designer have to keep it affordable.

That said I also think #2 and #4 did the best job personally

On 10/19/2017 at 1:07 AM, Legoman123 said:

I know it's not on topic but can't find it in the Star Wars thread, but are we getting a Cloud City next year, if so it is my most wanted SW set.:wub:  

Also I think bringing a theme as popular as HP back will need an UCS set.  

What do you mean when you say that you "can't find it in the SW thread"? Why would that ever go in here, for any reason at all??

Anyway, I'd be psyched to see a large D2C HP set. Looking into it. :)

Well I thought the 2010 Hogwarts was pretty decent. For the price, it managed to fit quite a lot in.

The earlier castle's were quite poor, but what do you expect? Lego has improved over the year and the castles throughout the 2000s shows exactly how much. 

2 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

The earlier castle's were quite poor, but what do you expect? Lego has improved over the year and the castles throughout the 2000s shows exactly how much. 

If you compare the earliest HP sets, with other sets Lego made at the time; they where actually good! As you say they have come a long way since they where walking through the valley of the shadow of death... So I am expecting a lot of this new sets :sweet:

If the rumour of a HP D2C set in 2018 comes to fruition then finally there will be a set that I will have no trouble whatsoever justifying to my wife! Personally I would hope for a highly detailed Hogwarts castle. It's the obvious iconic choice if they "go large". Recent D2C releases have proven that consumers are willing to pay big $$$ for such sets and TLG would know they would have an instant sales success on their hands. And there is an army of HP fans (now with disposable income) that would rival Disney and SW fans. You only have to look at the size of this thread, which is not based on any concrete information! 

On 10/19/2017 at 1:31 PM, Jayoheazy said:

I too would love a new Privet Drive. Vernon’s only incarnation was when they were still yellow. 

Id also like to see a Grimmauld Place. 

I was wondering, 71043 is a cmf number right? Does that mean we will only get the d2c set and not an entire new wave? Because every d2c set that uses such a number only has a supporting cmf line (except for potc which had nothing, unless you count it as Disney) we've seen this happening with both the simpsons and Disney. But d2c sets that have both a supporting cmf line and a wave of regular sets use the number of the wave instead of a cmf number, like what happened with the Lego movie, ninjago movie and batman movie. This would mean the d2c set might be the only Magical World of Harry Potter set we'll get next to the rumored cmf series (they better make it really good), so sadly no entire wave of regular sets...:cry_sad: It could also mean that the d2c number isn't even Harry Potter related, which kinda ruins the chances of a d2c HP/FB set happening, at least for 2018. I don't know which one is better/worse:sceptic:. But let's just hope I'm wrong about this.:look:

Here's my guess:

If they do a UCS Hogwarts, it will just be the Great Hall and Main Tower. That's the only reasonable way of doing it and making the set look like the iconic castle that we all know and love. It touches upon the two most important and crucial parts, and can allow for reasonable sized rooms, rather than multiple tiny ones like the Disney Castle.

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Here's my guess:

If they do a UCS Hogwarts, it will just be the Great Hall and Main Tower. That's the only reasonable way of doing it and making the set look like the iconic castle that we all know and love. It touches upon the two most important and crucial parts, and can allow for reasonable sized rooms, rather than multiple tiny ones like the Disney Castle.

Why would you assume they'd prefer large rooms to the small vignettes? They did the same thing with the Batman mansion, can't see why they'd not do it here.

As it is an D to C product we might get the info closely to the release date.

"Normal" products have higher chances to get uncovered much earlier. And we definitely will see some retail products for HP in 2018...

I hope they will release battle packs, one for each Hogwarts House with 4-5 students each. Something like this

Related image

Or even a Death Eaters Batte Pack 

13 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Here's my guess:

Tbh that would disappoint me. I rather have a variant to the 2010 set with more rooms and just a little bit bigger overall. In my opinion a castle that looks like the movies that's somewhat smaller, but complete is better than a big, overly detailed section that wouldn't even fit in with the other sets. It would only work if LEGO keeps giving us d2c sections to the castle every year, but only Star Wars is guaranteed to get at least 1 d2c set almost every year. Harry Potter, sadly, doesn't even come close to that level. 

I think it's fair to hope that 71043 is a Hogwarts. If so, I think it's also safe to assume that we won't be getting any normal waves of HP sets, that it'll just be a Hogwarts and a CMF line. That to me seems pretty reasonable, and not too much of a stretch for TLG to make happen. Perhaps it could end up being a precursor to a small Fantastic Beasts line at the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019...though maybe even then, could the hints that we'll be getting a 'Wizarding World' line, not just 'Harry Potter', suggest that the Hogwarts and CMF are all we're getting of the Wizarding World next year? Fantastic Beasts falls under that blanket and it wouldn't make any sense to put a Wizarding World Hogwarts set in the 'CMF sets' lineup if there were other wizarding sets coming.

My safe prediction: a CMF line and a D2C set, most likely Hogwarts, mostly focusing on Harry Potter. It's not too much of a stretch to guess that other Wizarding figures could appear--about a month ago they were filming Hogwarts scenes for Fantastic Beasts 2 in Wiltshire, it would make sense. I don't think we should ignore the possible rebranding from 'Harry Potter' to 'Wizarding World'. But I'm also a little hesitant to get too crazy with my prognostications.

11 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Tbh that would disappoint me. I rather have a variant to the 2010 set with more rooms and just a little bit bigger overall. In my opinion a castle that looks like the movies that's somewhat smaller, but complete is better than a big, overly detailed section that wouldn't even fit in with the other sets.

This sounds wonderful to me, a bit more maturity added to some of the older Hogwarts playsets would be perfect in my book, no disappointment for me. 

Edited by Hypernova888
Wanted to add reply to Huigberts