Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

So, I've been thinking about potential Dinosaurs in this wave.

Assuming the leak is true, as it stands we've got Pteranodon (75926), two raptor-likes (75927, 75928), and a Tyrannosaurus (75929), and frankly, even if it's bull, those are probably what we're getting. I'm curious as to what the fifth set would contain. Judging by the numbering 75930 will be the Indominus Rex Breakout counterpart. I'm running a few guesses:

1. The Leak misidentified a Carnotaurus as a Tyrannosaurus, and 75929 features a Carnotaurus, while the Rex gets the big flagship set. Certainly a mistake that could have been made, potentially low res image, Carnotaurus figure would have a similar colour palette to the old rex, if you don't know your dinosaurs (and don't know that Carnotaurus is in the movie) that's a mistake that could be made.

2. The Leak correctly identified the 75929 Dinosaur as Tyrannosaurus, and 75930 will feature a Mosasaurus. Excepting some big twist that's been hidden, the only dinosaurs in Fallen Kingdom that could take the flagship set in terms of scale and character are Tyrannosaurus and Mosasaurus. There's only one Rex and it probably won't appear in multiple sets, and an actionized transport ship wouldn't be a bad flagship set from a marketing perspective.

There's also the possibility of the Juniors sets, or a potential D2C/Retailer exclusive set. I think Stygimoloch might get in, either as a coelophysis style single piece, or another variation on the raptor mould.

3 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

So, I've been thinking about potential Dinosaurs in this wave.

Assuming the leak is true, as it stands we've got Pteranodon (75926), two raptor-likes (75927, 75928), and a Tyrannosaurus (75929), and frankly, even if it's bull, those are probably what we're getting. I'm curious as to what the fifth set would contain. Judging by the numbering 75930 will be the Indominus Rex Breakout counterpart. I'm running a few guesses:

1. The Leak misidentified a Carnotaurus as a Tyrannosaurus, and 75929 features a Carnotaurus, while the Rex gets the big flagship set. Certainly a mistake that could have been made, potentially low res image, Carnotaurus figure would have a similar colour palette to the old rex, if you don't know your dinosaurs (and don't know that Carnotaurus is in the movie) that's a mistake that could be made.

2. The Leak correctly identified the 75929 Dinosaur as Tyrannosaurus, and 75930 will feature a Mosasaurus. Excepting some big twist that's been hidden, the only dinosaurs in Fallen Kingdom that could take the flagship set in terms of scale and character are Tyrannosaurus and Mosasaurus. There's only one Rex and it probably won't appear in multiple sets, and an actionized transport ship wouldn't be a bad flagship set from a marketing perspective.

There's also the possibility of the Juniors sets, or a potential D2C/Retailer exclusive set. I think Stygimoloch might get in, either as a coelophysis style single piece, or another variation on the raptor mould.

I’m assuming the dinosaur of the biggest set will be the new hybrid. 

Spoiler

The Indoraptor isn't a big dinosaur. It's probably either Raptor sized or slightly larger. Flagship set dinosaurs tend to be the big ones.

EDIT: And assuming the leak is accurate the Indoraptor will probably be the dinosaur in 75927

Edited by BasiliskSoldier

9 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Indoraptor isn't a big dinosaur. It's probably either Raptor sized or slightly larger. Flagship set dinosaurs tend to be the big ones.

EDIT: And assuming the leak is accurate the Indoraptor will probably be the dinosaur in 75927

Yeah, but they could easily put it in the big set with a couple other dinosaurs (like the Dino Defense HQ). 

Certainly possible, especially if the leak is a falsehood. If the leak is true, the Spoilersaurus is probably the 75927 Raptorlike. That doesn't necessarily preclude it from appearing in 75930, but I don't think that's going to happen, mostly 'cause Spoilersaurus being exclusive to 75927 makes it a set worth getting.

7 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

Certainly possible, especially if the leak is a falsehood. If the leak is true, the Spoilersaurus is probably the 75927 Raptorlike. That doesn't necessarily preclude it from appearing in 75930, but I don't think that's going to happen, mostly 'cause Spoilersaurus being exclusive to 75927 makes it a set worth getting.

Why exactly is the new hybrid a spoiler? 

And that’s my argument for it being in the biggest set- make consumers pay the most money for the coolest creature. 

Just the precedent the rest of the thread has set. We can start calling it the Indoraptor though, I really don't think anyone cares.

The thing is, it's not really the coolest creature. It's a slightly more monstrous looking Raptor. We've actually got a pretty good idea of what it looks like, from the mattel toys and some trailer shots, and it's a black raptor with a lateral stripe along it's body and spikes on it's neck and hip, and a jaw similar to the Indominus. Would that get the flagship set over something like Tyrannosaurus, or Mosasaurus?

Edited by BasiliskSoldier

17 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

Just the precedent the rest of the thread has set. We can start calling it the Indoraptor though, I really don't think anyone cares.

The thing is, it's not really the coolest creature. It's a slightly more monstrous looking Raptor. We've actually got a pretty good idea of what it looks like, from the mattel toys and some trailer shots, and it's a black raptor with a lateral stripe along it's body and spikes on it's neck and hip, and a jaw similar to the Indominus. Would that get the flagship set over something like Tyrannosaurus, or Mosasaurus?

Paired with one of those I think it could easily hold the flagship set, but not on its own. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Paired with one of those I think it could easily hold the flagship set, but not on its own. 

21 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

I really like the discussion you have going here, guys.

From the Mattel leaks, the Mosasaurus is clearly still another big player in this game as their toy of it looks massive. I think we have chances of a LEGO one, although to be honest with you, I think the most likely new mould is the Carnotaurus.

Triceratops appears in this film so we will definitely see another one of them. It sat out the JW line, so I would be very surprised if we do not get one here.

I don't want to spoil much for you guys, but I am certain the Indoraptor is in that set described as an enclosure with a raptor. You can PM me for an explanation.

As for Stgyi - I think it's possible, as they may use a raptor body and a new head, similar to the Dilo.

One thing I was considering - we have an un-listed Licensed D2C next year, and people are assuming it's HP. Could it actually be JP?

13 minutes ago, LegoFan117 said:

I really like the discussion you have going here, guys.

From the Mattel leaks, the Mosasaurus is clearly still another big player in this game as their toy of it looks massive. I think we have chances of a LEGO one, although to be honest with you, I think the most likely new mould is the Carnotaurus.

Triceratops appears in this film so we will definitely see another one of them. It sat out the JW line, so I would be very surprised if we do not get one here.

I don't want to spoil much for you guys, but I am certain the Indoraptor is in that set described as an enclosure with a raptor. You can PM me for an explanation.

As for Stgyi - I think it's possible, as they may use a raptor body and a new head, similar to the Dilo.

One thing I was considering - we have an un-listed Licensed D2C next year, and people are assuming it's HP. Could it actually be JP?

I doubt the D2C is for JW. It’s been heavily rumored to be a new Hogwarts Castle and I don’t think Lego is brave enough to do a $500 D2C for a theme like Jurassic World. 

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I doubt the D2C is for JW. It’s been heavily rumored to be a new Hogwarts Castle and I don’t think Lego is brave enough to do a $500 D2C for a theme like Jurassic World. 

7 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

As much as I would adore a $500 Visitors Center, yeah, it's probably Hogwarts

I didn't click it was $500 - bang goes my dream.

Accurately scaled down Mosasaur arena... :laugh::laugh:

We had set names and dinosaur images by about this point for the first Jurassic World wave. Figure it can't be long now until something shows up, as it stands this line's managed to stay pretty well under wraps.

19 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

We had set names and dinosaur images by about this point for the first Jurassic World wave. Figure it can't be long now until something shows up, as it stands this line's managed to stay pretty well under wraps.

I believe a leak is most likely due anyday.

Original set descriptions were wrong! The Jurassic world sets are different then originally reported! Biggest set is a  mansion with 2 Dinosaur (one being a raptor and the other being a bigger darker raptor). 6 minifigures including Owen and a triceritops skull build. There could be a third dinosaur but it’s a small new mold so it might be a stuff animal dinosaur mold. Next set includes the Dino chasing after Owen in the trailer and a 4 by 4 truck, a gyrosphere, 3 minifigures including Owen and Claire, next is a helicopter that has Owen with a cross bow and 2 other generic figures and the Dino is blu (or another similar raptor). Next is a similar set to raptor escape, comes with dr wu, a generic minifigure and a new Dino mold! It’s the one with the round head!, next is a Jeep and comes with owen and a generic figure and a  pterodactyl. For the juniors we get a helicopter and a different color pterodactyl and a volcano, second includes a truck with no top, Owen and a new color raptor 

Edited by Falconfan1414

That biggest set sounds great! I love all the expensive playsets we're getting in 2018.

Does this mean no T-Rex?

Edited by doclord

High hopes about the mansion :), and I'm glad they included some new dino molds. To bad there is no triceratops, baryonyx or mosasaur.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Next set includes the Dino chasing after Owen in the trailer and a 4 by 4 truck, a gyrosphere, 3 minifigures including Owen and Claire

Were these images preliminaries, or finalized box art? If they were finalized, did the Gyrosphere seem like it might have been recolored, from Trans. White to Trans. Brown perhaps for a dingier look?

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Were these images preliminaries, or finalized box art? If they were finalized, did the Gyrosphere seem like it might have been recolored, from Trans. White to Trans. Brown perhaps for a dingier look?

Haven’t seen the sets only discriptons and according to those they are the same ones we got in the original line 

By "dinosaur chasing after Owen in the trailer" are you referring to the Carnotaurus?

Edited by doclord

Just now, *thomas* said:

Yes, the source that gave the description based on the prelims said it was the carnotaurus.

The source is from the brickshow. They were not based on prelims. They were final set images. They wouldn’t have been able to identify which Dino’s we would be getting

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Original set descriptions were wrong! The Jurassic world sets are different then originally reported! Biggest set is a  mansion with 2 Dinosaur (one being a raptor and the other being a bigger darker raptor). 6 minifigures including Owen and a triceritops skull build. There could be a third dinosaur but it’s a small new mold so it might be a stuff animal dinosaur mold. Next set includes the Dino chasing after Owen in the trailer and a 4 by 4 truck, a gyrosphere, 3 minifigures including Owen and Claire, next is a helicopter that has Owen with a cross bow and 2 other generic figures and the Dino is blu (or another similar raptor). Next is a similar set to raptor escape, comes with dr wu, a generic minifigure and a new Dino mold! It’s the one with the round head!, next is a Jeep and comes with owen and a generic figure and a  pterodactyl. For the juniors we get a helicopter and a different color pterodactyl and a volcano, second includes a truck with no top, Owen and a new color raptor 

Alright, this is interesting. The big set being the mansion makes sense. So according to this we're getting Blue, Indoraptor, Carnotaurus, Stygimoloch, Two Pteranodons, two Raptors and something that could be a Compy/Stuffed Animal. Is this right?

Because that is a disturbing lack of Tyrannosaurus, but that being said, it's also completely in line with the leak. Carnotaurus could easily be misidentified as a Tyrannosaurus and vice versa, plus the described rex set was a Truck with a Gyrosphere, which does line up with this. A Helicopter set with a raptor was in the leak, a Raptor Escape type set was in the leak, and a Pteranodon with an off road vehicle was in the leak. The largest set was not described by the leak.

This matches up with the leak pretty well, actually.