Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Just now, 7982Brick said:

The creator of the video is talking about Lockwood manor and not the Jurassic Park set. He/she mentioned that they know just as much as we do when it comes to the rumored Jurassic Park Set.

Ohhh my bad I must have misread it. Sorry!

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

the concerned expressions on many of the figures faces might suggest otherwise, unless Lego has the set portray the Triceratops charging at the Explorer. :oh3:

I haven't seen the minifigures yet, but perhaps they are concerned because the Triceratops is sick...

7 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I haven't seen the minifigures yet, but perhaps they are concerned because the Triceratops is sick...

I'm reasonably certain that if they do out a triceratops into a set, it will indeed be sick

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Oh, yeah, I didn't account for that for some reason. :shrug_confused:

Edit: Oh, by the way, here's the Super Bowl trailer.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 1/31/2018 at 4:20 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There’s only one BrickHeadz set and that’s a Walmart exclusive. It looks to be a two pack, like the Comic Con ones. 

There's more than one.

1 hour ago, Azani said:

There's more than one.

Not from what I saw in the summer catalog. In his video, Just2Good also stated that the press release mentioned “a BrickHeadz set”, not multiple BrickHeadz sets. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Not from what I saw in the summer catalog. In his video, Just2Good also stated that the press release mentioned “a BrickHeadz set”, not multiple BrickHeadz sets. 

Trust me; I've seen the Portugese catalog as well. It didn't include everything, which should be pretty clear from the set numbers listed.

Here's the relevant quote from the press release itself. Interestingly, the number of kits is not specified.

"In support of the theatrical launch of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Universal and the LEGO Group will globally launch 13 constructions sets that span across the various LEGO® play categories: LEGO Systems (ages 6+), LEGO Juniors (ages 4-7) and LEGO DUPLO (ages 2-4), plus a collectability offering with LEGO BrickHeadz, available this spring only at Walmart."

I'm not guessing, as per usual. Sorry.

2 hours ago, Azani said:

"In support of the theatrical launch of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Universal and the LEGO Group will globally launch 13 constructions sets that span across the various LEGO® play categories: LEGO Systems (ages 6+), LEGO Juniors (ages 4-7) and LEGO DUPLO (ages 2-4), plus a collectability offering with LEGO BrickHeadz, available this spring only at Walmart."

That gives no indication of whether there is more than one.

There’s a new Dilophosaurus. A picture of it is out on Instagram. I’m assuming this will be the dinosaur in the classic Jurassic Park set, which is a bit disappointing since I would’ve preferred a recolored raptor instead. 

22 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Haven't seen the Dilophosaurus, but there's a pic of the Ellie Sattler figure on 4Chan. Looks pretty good.

Is it the same picture that is from Flickr, the one with also Lexi, Mr. Incredible, and The Underminer?

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

That gives no indication of whether there is more than one.

Yeah, you're correct; it leaves it open.

That said, that's irrelevant, because there will be more than one. Cool, right? :)

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There’s a new Dilophosaurus. A picture of it is out on Instagram. I’m assuming this will be the dinosaur in the classic Jurassic Park set, which is a bit disappointing since I would’ve preferred a recolored raptor instead. 

How does it differ from the original one? I'm not sure if I'm more excited, or not.... :sceptic:

1 minute ago, Crownie said:

How does it differ from the original one? I'm not sure if I'm more excited, or not.... :sceptic:

I'm guessing either a new color (which would be nice considering how bright the other one was) or it'll be a head variation without the fringe sticking out.

The frill is out and the pattern looks very similar all around, but the eyes seem different and it could be a dark color like olive green, but I’m not sure since the picture itself is kind of dark. 

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it’s clearly two different colors (like the lower jaw being a different color and two colors on the body, like the new Blue), and the colors look like dark tan and olive green to me. 

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is it the same picture that is from Flickr, the one with also Lexi, Mr. Incredible, and The Underminer?

Sounds like it.

Like new Dilophosaurus more than the first one, but I still hope we will get new and more interesting dinos, and not just redesigned repeats, or even not redesigned.

I kinda wish the juniors sets had variants of the dinosaurs included. Like, have the T-Rex and Pterodactyl be the green versions from the 2012 Dino theme. As of now, I'm not sure if I'll get those since I don't know if I really need duplicate dinosaurs.

Also still miffed to see there's still no confirmation of any large herbivores. Especially a triceratops since they already have a mold for that...

(kicking myself for passing on the 2012 Dino line)

15 minutes ago, Kalhiki said:

I kinda wish the juniors sets had variants of the dinosaurs included. Like, have the T-Rex and Pterodactyl be the green versions from the 2012 Dino theme. As of now, I'm not sure if I'll get those since I don't know if I really need duplicate dinosaurs.

Also still miffed to see there's still no confirmation of any large herbivores. Especially a triceratops since they already have a mold for that...

(kicking myself for passing on the 2012 Dino line)

Rexy isn’t green  so it makes no sense in changing its color. The triceratops mold might have broken or unusable happens to a lot of molds. Example Exo-Force red hair mold broke

21 minutes ago, 7982Brick said:

Rexy isn’t green  so it makes no sense in changing its color. The triceratops mold might have broken or unusable happens to a lot of molds. Example Exo-Force red hair mold broke

Well, they've reused the molds for all the other dinosaurs. It'd be really unfortunate if that was the only one that became unusable.

Also, considering the T-Rex and Pterodactyl come in Juniors sets, I figured colors wouldn't be as big of a problem considering the target audience. I doubt younger kids would really care. And honestly, I think it'd make the sets more desirable since it'd provide variants of the mold (except for the folks who didn't get the JW sets, I guess). Doesn't even need to be green per-say. Just something different.

2 hours ago, Kalhiki said:

Well, they've reused the molds for all the other dinosaurs. It'd be really unfortunate if that was the only one that became unusable.

Also, considering the T-Rex and Pterodactyl come in Juniors sets, I figured colors wouldn't be as big of a problem considering the target audience. I doubt younger kids would really care. And honestly, I think it'd make the sets more desirable since it'd provide variants of the mold (except for the folks who didn't get the JW sets, I guess). Doesn't even need to be green per-say. Just something different.

I completely understand the triceratops mold breaking is only a rumor but who knows we could get one.