Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

I'm sorry but are we talking about the same John Hammond here? That hair/hat combo doesn't fit at all. The hair is too long and the hat looks more like a witch hat rather than the one Hammond had. rsz_lego_scarecrow.jpg.1711cc74b8e9757deb1fe781244568d7.jpg

1 hour ago, Boettner Builds said:

They wouldn’t need a new mold! The could just use the hat from the series scarecrow/pig farmer in white!

Either that hat (from the CMF Scarecrow, not the Batman villain), or just the fedora in white would work. Or just have him bald. Either way, more Jurassic Park/World sets are very welcome!

13 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t think it will be a visitors centre. The computer room, kitchen and embryo lab, kind of 3/4 of the main set pieces are depicted in the set from this year. The only fresh part is the T-Rex room. Unless the other sets are also based on the first movie and feature the gates and vehicles, I thinks it’s much more likely we’ll see a T-Rex paddock. The D2C could be less than £150 for all we know.

also, as cool as the visitor centre is, Lego has to appeal to a general audience, and the gates, vehicles and Rexy are arguably the most iconic parts of that film. And the Trex escape scene is one of the most iconic in cinema history

I don’t think it’s just a paddock. @dimaks13 just said it could be more than $200 and I don’t see how a $200 paddock set would be appealing. The visitor center and gates are iconic locations and they could also try to throw a T. rex paddock in there if they wanted by including a small fenced enclosure. We haven’t had the outside of the center represented and they could include the T. rex skeleton room, dining room, kitchen, and control center all at a bigger scale. 

50 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I'm sorry but are we talking about the same John Hammond here? That hair/hat combo doesn't fit at all. The hair is too long and the hat looks more like a witch hat rather than the one Hammond had. l

He was talking about the CMF scarecrow and farmer, not the DC Super Heroes or Lego Batman Movie Scarecrow figure. It’s the same hat that boggart Snape is wearing in the HP Bricktober pack. 

6 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

It's among the ones mentioned by Azani.

If think what confused people (myself included) is that Azani mentioned “three wide-release“ sets. A D2C set is not a wide-release set, it is an exclusive one. 

Edited by Chiaroscuro

31 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

If think what confused people (myself include) is that Amani mentioned “three wide-release“ sets. A D2C set is not a wude-release set, it is an exclusive one. 

Well, all D2Cs sooner or later become not Lego Stores only. Sometimes a month later, sometimes a year.

Edited by dimaks13

7 hours ago, Puresh said:

I'm sorry but are we talking about the same John Hammond here? That hair/hat combo doesn't fit at all. The hair is too long and the hat looks more like a witch hat rather than the one Hammond had.  *pic snip*

No, I think it was the CMF Farmer's hat that was being referred to.

59 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

No, I think it was the CMF Farmer's hat that was being referred to.

I believe so

Farmer (Front)

I mean it's not a bad choice actually, but the band with a knot on it sticks out.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer it to the Indy fedora.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:00 AM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I mean it's not a bad choice actually, but the band with a knot on it sticks out.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer it to the Indy fedora.

I think it's perfect for Hammond. I'm not sure if the picture you posted was a real figure or you using a face that looks a bit like Hammond but I think it fits him quite nicely

1 hour ago, Puresh said:

I think it's perfect for Hammond. I'm not sure if the picture you posted was a real figure or you using a face that looks a bit like Hammond but I think it fits him quite nicely

The image is the actual CMF farmer from series 15 (complete with only brown spotted pig LEGO has ever released).

Edited by dvt

16 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

According to a post on IG the Bricktober packs are not coming to the UK, and they are advising using Bricklink.

That is such a poor decision. LEGO will have seriously shook my faith if this is true. 

12 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

That is such a poor decision. LEGO will have seriously shook my faith if this is true. 

I emailed Lego about this, and they gave me a completely different response.

Unfortunately we do not have any updates at this time. However I can tell you we have not written off our UK fans for Bricktober in any way, shape, or form. It's been a weird thing to transition from as we have always gone through our previous retail partner of Toys R Us to do all this. There's a lot of back end stuff we have to do on the fly to still make Bricktober special for all of our fans now that the foundation of what it was is gone.

Hopefully we have an update soon as October is right around the corner so just stay tuned in the meantime! We should have something out soon for you and all our other fans there!

Hopefully, the packs will come to the UK... somehow. Eventually.

22 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Sounds like they need a concrete decision. That’s more uplifting than the other one which was pretty definite in its decision. Are the Customer Services peeps known for going a bit rogue on responses?

I’ve not seen this Instagram post anywhere, nor any usual info places supporting it. I think the packs are gonna come, we just need to wait.

8 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I’ve not seen this Instagram post anywhere, nor any usual info places supporting it. I think the packs are gonna come, we just need to wait.

It was on Paul Seeley’s IG story for a couple of days, but I wouldn’t know where to find it now. It wasn’t just text but a fairly standard looking TLG Customer Service response.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:41 PM, Felkin said:

We can hope!