Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Just now, Chiaroscuro said:

Really? I missed that rumor.

I honestly don't think that anyone knew about it before I mentioned it a few minutes ago, though I might be wrong. TLG has done a good job of keeping it secret, though I'm okay with hearing that folks are skeptical on this one. Apart from the rest, however, at least three sets are coming.

3 hours ago, Azani said:

I honestly don't think that anyone knew about it before I mentioned it a few minutes ago, though I might be wrong. TLG has done a good job of keeping it secret, though I'm okay with hearing that folks are skeptical on this one. Apart from the rest, however, at least three sets are coming.

It makes sense. 

After all, this new character for TLM2; Rex Dangervest, is supposed to be a dinosaur tamer, right? That means they're keeping the dinosaurs molds fresh and in production, because at least a couple of TLM2 sets will have dinosaurs in them. So since they have the molds going anyway, they might as well keep making Jurassic sets. 

Here's hoping we'll get something good for Lost World next year. 

10 hours ago, Azani said:

We are set to receive a few more "Jurassic" kits next year, but I'm not sure if any of them are based on the original film(s). It's tough to tell how many sets there will be in total, but there are going to be at least three wide-release kits.

That's great news! Although it will be a small change, some new originel movie sets wouldn't really hurt the sales...

Hmmm, I'd imagine that these three sets would most likely be based upon the first two films in particular, especially if there's going to be a D2C amongst the mix. Also, like as seen before in other instances with other IPs, the D2C may take heavily after one of a few rejected LEGO Ideas projects from the past. 

This is amazing news! I’m glad to see the line continue and I really hope these are Jurassic Park sets, but if they’re Jurassic World I hope we see an herbivore or the mosasaurs. Are we getting 3 retail sets plus a D2C or is it 2 retail and the D2C? 

8 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

This is amazing news! I’m glad to see the line continue and I really hope these are Jurassic Park sets, but if they’re Jurassic World I hope we see an herbivore or the mosasaurs. Are we getting 3 retail sets plus a D2C or is it 2 retail and the D2C? 

If it's three sets, it's second.

If we are getting new Jurassic (whether it be Park or World), I hope we are going to see some new dinos.  I still have my fingers crossed for a set containing at least 1 four-legged herbivore (I'd like to see the return of that most recent triceratops mold).

Although...a baryonyx would be cool too...

32 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

If we are getting new Jurassic (whether it be Park or World), I hope we are going to see some new dinos.  I still have my fingers crossed for a set containing at least 1 four-legged herbivore (I'd like to see the return of that most recent triceratops mold).

Although...a baryonyx would be cool too...

If they’re making a D2C that’s hopefully around $200, I’d love to see the visitor center, the front gates, at least one explorer vehicle, and a brachiosaurus. I know the new molds would be extremely large and expensive, but a brachiosaurus that’s the same size as Smaug would be a good choice for a set that large. It would probably make the set have a horrible price per piece ratio, but I wouldn’t mind that as long as the build seems worth the money to me. They could include all the main Jurassic Park characters in a set like that, and 9 figures in a $200 set would be great! 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I know the new molds would be extremely large and expensive, but a brachiosaurus that’s the same size as Smaug would be a good choice for a set that large. It would probably make the set have a horrible price per piece ratio, but I wouldn’t mind that as long as the build seems worth the money to me. 

The thing with something as big as a  Brachiosaurus is that the body could be brickbuilt. I know a lot wouldn’t like it. But with a brightbuilt body, but new moulds for the legs, tail, neck and head, I think it would really work.

personally I’d be surprised if the sets are all JP rather than JW, but I really hope they are, maybe the JP Set was successful enough to chance 3 sets and a D2C. I’d really like the D2C to be the original film, with the other 3 based on the 2nd and 3rd film. They should probably have new dinos as the current sets will still be on shelves. Here’s my wishlist/prediction to cover the films:

D2C: Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus Paddock.

features the front gates, an explorer and jeep vehicles, breakable fence and toilet cubicle. Minifigures: Alan Grant, Lex and Tim (all muddy), Ian Malcom (injured, no jacket), Ellie Sadler (muddy), Muldoon, Gennaro. Dinosaur: Rexy

Set 1: Spinosaurus Attack

features the plane and a tree for it to crash into. Minifigures: Alan Grant, Billy, the Kirbys, Udesky. Dinosaur: Spinosaurus

Set 2: Triceratops Camp Rampage:

features a tent with a campfire, and a vehicle to chase the Triceratops, maybe the one that has the chairs that go outwards to shoot the dinos. Minifigures: Sarah Harding, Tembo, Nick Van Owen, Ludlow. Dinosaur: Triceratops

Set 3: Raptor Chase

features small building or some sort or vehicle. Based on the last scene in the lost world with the raptors. Minifigures: Ian Malcom, Kelly Malcom, InGen Soldier. Dinosaur: 2x Raptors

probably unlikely (except the D2C, I would bet money on it being similar to that) but hey that’s what I’d like to see. I just really want a Spinosaurus above all else

So 2 sets and a D2C? I'm excited but if it's mostly going to be Jurassic Park, I kinda doubt we'd get many new dinos.

The most demanded stuff would most likely include ones we already have like Dilophosaurus (Jeep), T. Rex (Explorers), and Velociraptors (Visitor Center).

Though I can see them including Nedry's jeep and a Dilophosaurus with the speculatative Visitor Center set while throwing in a Triceratops and maybe a Gallimimus, leaving one set open.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Are we getting 3 sets plus D2C, or 3 sets including D2C?

This was already asked and answered.

Oh my god, that's wonderful! If the D2C is really coming, it has to be the Visitor Centre, there's no other option. Yeah, the T-rex paddock (as suggested by Whovastron) would be more playable, but with just two cars, part of the fence and the gate, it would have maybe 1500 pieces, even if all the builds were minifig scale, which is not exclusive enough. But the VC would be the best set to include John Hammond, unless Lego has a policy to not depict deceased people as minifigs.

Whatever will the D2C and the other sets be though, I'm very excited, definitely the best news today!

Edited by BenderBrau

41 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

Oh my god, that's wonderful! If the D2C is really coming, it has to be the Visitor Centre, there's no other option. Yeah, the T-rex paddock (as suggested by Whovastron) would be more playable, but with just two cars, part of the fence and the gate, it would have maybe 1500 pieces, even if all the builds were minifig scale, which is not exclusive enough. But the VC would be the best set to include John Hammond, unless Lego has a policy to not depict deceased people as minifigs.

Whatever will the D2C and the other sets be though, I'm very excited, definitely the best news today!

deceased actors shouldn’t be an issue. The recent Harry Potter sets depict Richard Harris, John Hurt and Alan Rickman

Edited by Whovastron

I thought this year was great for the JW theme (despite the quality of the movie) so I do like that it's coming back. Hoping for some sets based off  The Lost World and 3. 

So a d2c at $250-350 could mean anywhere from 5-19 minifigures. If its the Jurassic Park Visitor Center, they could potentially round out the main cast with just seven:

John Hammond, Nedry, Muldoon, Gennaro, Ray Arnold, even Dr. Wu and Gerry Harding. Maybe throw in Ellie in her blue shirt for a variant and Hammond would be the only one to need a new mold for his hat.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

deceased actors shouldn’t be an issue. The recent Harry Potter sets depict Richard Harris, John Hurt and Alan Rickman

I'm a complete twerp for forgetting them :ugh:

I don’t think it will be a visitors centre. The computer room, kitchen and embryo lab, kind of 3/4 of the main set pieces are depicted in the set from this year. The only fresh part is the T-Rex room. Unless the other sets are also based on the first movie and feature the gates and vehicles, I thinks it’s much more likely we’ll see a T-Rex paddock. The D2C could be less than £150 for all we know.

also, as cool as the visitor centre is, Lego has to appeal to a general audience, and the gates, vehicles and Rexy are arguably the most iconic parts of that film. And the Trex escape scene is one of the most iconic in cinema history

Edited by Whovastron

35 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Can't you just answer? It's not a big problem to write 3 or 4.

It's among the ones mentioned by Azani.

13 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Hammond would be the only one to need a new mold for his hat.

They wouldn’t need a new mold! The could just use the hat from the series scarecrow/pig farmer in white!