Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Awesome! I’m going to do everything I can to pick up the HP, IW, and now JW Bricktober packs. I missed out on them last year and ended up buying the Batman Movie one off of eBay. Hopefully we’ll be able to purchase these separately. 

Lame on the lack of a fourth fig. Lame for Claire and Owen. Pales in comparison to the marvel and HP sets.

I like the Claire and Owen figures since they have new face prints and Claire’s outfit is nice, but if the figures were all JP based it would be better. I definitely think we should’ve gotten Lockwood or Hammond as a fourth figure instead of yet another baby Blue. 

Love that Ian Malcom figure, gotta get that! The pack as a whole could have been much better though, Hammond would have been great.

Clearer pictures are up on instagram and man, Ian is so perfect all he needs is a different hairpiece and he's good. Even if you don't like the skin tone, lightflesh printing on black is so miscolored it probably would've looked tan anyway, so you could just change the head and hands to light flesh ones

I'm glad they chose that variant for Owen as I've been wanting to make a display of the flashback scene, but I'm not too keen on the expression. I'm trying to remember Claire's variant in the film but if it's not accurate it's still a nice civilian outfit. Baby Blue should've been Owen's accessory, and I would've preferred either another variant of Zia or even Alan.

At least the lack of Hammond might mean a Jurassic Park D2C around the time JW3 comes out but that might be wishful thinking. I’m just glad we have the four mains and Ian now.

I may be way off, but I don't think that is Claire and Owen in the set. My first thought is that they are characters from Jurassic Park: The Lost World (Julianne Moore's character and Vince Vaughn's character).

uC25Pjo.jpg

Here's the clearer image, love that Owen has his raptor glove printed on his arm. Also Lego corrected themselves on twitter saying only the Harry Potter bricktober pack will be available in Barnes and Nobles.

3 hours ago, CommishGordon said:

My first thought is that they are characters from Jurassic Park: The Lost World (Julianne Moore's character and Vince Vaughn's character).

If only, but Nick has black hair and both him and Sarah wore khaki and green on Sorna, and Sarah a brown jacket in San Diego.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

Oh my god, we're actually getting one of my personal wishlist: Inexplicably Sensual Jeff Goldblum! Looking back at his "distraught" scenes in the movie, he definitely had more of a tanned-glow for whatever reason than his earlier scenes, so I can kind of see why TLG went with that tone. Wouldn't have picked it myself, but I can live with that. Shame that Blue doesn't look any different; a variant baby raptor would have been awesome.

I'm on the fence about this pack. While I like the fact we're getting Malcolm, I think they overdid the tan a little. I realize Jeff Goldblum does have a tanned skin but it doesn't translate all that well in the minifig since there aren't that many shades available for flesh tones and this one makes him look Asian... not to mention they didn't do it for his Grandmaster minifig in the Thor Ragnarok set.

As for the baby Blue and her chicken leg (really guys??), let's be honest, that is a bit of a rip-off. It's cute and all but that little dino is already available in 2 other sets and a polybag and isn't worth as much as an actual minifig.

That Owen does seem a bit unnecessary too, we've already gotten 3 versions of the character and I don't think we really needed another one. I think it would have been a good opportunity to get Lowery or Simon Masrani in his suit.

I'm still gonna get this set for Malcolm alone but it could have been so much better. There are so many characters they could have picked like Hammond, Muldoon, Nedry, Ray Arnold, young Dr. Wu or even an unnamed Jurassic Park employee... all of those would have been better options than yet another baby dino. It was the perfect opportunity to get some of the missing main characters and unless we get more JP sets next year it's a bit of a waste.

Yeah, Malcolm's skin tone is interesting. It's definitely too dark for daylight scenes, but it matches how he appears in night scenes perfectly. Really, there's no winning in this case, Jeff Goldblum is kind of olive skinned, so depending on the lighting of any given scene it's going to look different. I'm glad they picked the darker shade for the minifigure, more of the movie is spent in the dark than the daylight. He could have used better hair though, though that's easily remedied.

The rest of the pack is amazingly plain and uninteresting. I didn't really need to add another baby Blue to the baby Velociraptor pile. Owen and Claire's new face prints are kind of nice, but overall I didn't really need either of these variations.

Too, with the inclusion of Malcolm it seems less and less likely we'll get anymore Jurassic Park sets (Unless that set includes muddied/damaged versions of the five minifigures we've already gotten).

37 minutes ago, strangely said:

Yeah, Malcolm's skin tone is interesting. It's definitely too dark for daylight scenes, but it matches how he appears in night scenes perfectly. Really, there's no winning in this case, Jeff Goldblum is kind of olive skinned, so depending on the lighting of any given scene it's going to look different. I'm glad they picked the darker shade for the minifigure, more of the movie is spent in the dark than the daylight. He could have used better hair though, though that's easily remedied.

The rest of the pack is amazingly plain and uninteresting. I didn't really need to add another baby Blue to the baby Velociraptor pile. Owen and Claire's new face prints are kind of nice, but overall I didn't really need either of these variations.

Too, with the inclusion of Malcolm it seems less and less likely we'll get anymore Jurassic Park sets (Unless that set includes muddied/damaged versions of the five minifigures we've already gotten).

That's a good point for Malcolm's skin tone, although I feel it's still going to stand out a little too much compared to the other characters we already got.

I'm still somewhat hopeful for more JP sets next year but the chances are very slim indeed. A Jeep Wrangler set would have been amazing. As minifigs, we could get an injured Malcolm and Ellie and Muldoon with the yellow raincoats (although I would prefer a regular version for Muldoon). They could even throw in 1 or 2 additional minifigs like Hammond, wouldn't be the first time they include a minifig that isn't exactly in the scene but still somewhat relevant.

Glad to finally have Malcolm, but disappointed he's coming in a minifigure pack and not another classic JP set. Would be nice to see more sets released from the original films. Don't really care for another Owen or Claire. I have so many figures of them already across sets from the last two movies combined that I would've preferred someone new like Sarah, Hammond, Nedry, Ray Arnold, Muldoon, Roland, Nick, Kelly etc.

On 8/23/2018 at 12:07 AM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Also Lego corrected themselves on twitter saying only the Harry Potter bricktober pack will be available in Barnes and Nobles.

Does this mean the bricktober packs are only available in Europe? o.O

bricktober pack comes out where I live today
can someone post pictures, if you have them? I won't buy them, not interested enough - but still wondering about more detailed pictures of the prints..

Speaking of which, does anyone know when and how the Bricktober packs will be distributed in Australia? I assume at the Legoland Discovery Centre, but when?

Just picked up the Indoraptor rampage set, and both raptors are missing. 

Oof.

Small update: The Jurassic World minifigure set (5005255) is now sold out in both Germany and the Netherlands!

On 8/31/2018 at 9:24 PM, Doge said:

Does this mean the bricktober packs are only available in Europe? o.O

In Asia, We will be getting the packs starting at Sept 28 throughout October in TRU.

I think there are some other plans for US too. 

For anyone wondering about the alternate faces for the 5005255 Jurassic World Limited Edition Bricktober figures.. see below.

Image may contain: 1 person

They are all exclusive. Owen's alternate 'ooo' face in particular cracks me up!

On 8/22/2018 at 12:55 PM, Soupperson1 said:

At least the lack of Hammond might mean a Jurassic Park D2C around the time JW3 comes out but that might be wishful thinking. I’m just glad we have the four mains and Ian now.

On 8/22/2018 at 10:14 PM, Elrond said:

I'm still somewhat hopeful for more JP sets next year but the chances are very slim indeed. A Jeep Wrangler set would have been amazing. As minifigs, we could get an injured Malcolm and Ellie and Muldoon with the yellow raincoats (although I would prefer a regular version for Muldoon). They could even throw in 1 or 2 additional minifigs like Hammond, wouldn't be the first time they include a minifig that isn't exactly in the scene but still somewhat relevant.

We are set to receive a few more "Jurassic" kits next year, but I'm not sure if any of them are based on the original film(s). It's tough to tell how many sets there will be in total, but there are going to be at least three wide-release kits.

1 hour ago, Azani said:

We are set to receive a few more "Jurassic" kits next year, but I'm not sure if any of them are based on the original film(s). It's tough to tell how many sets there will be in total, but there are going to be at least three wide-release kits.

Really? I missed that rumor.

JW3 is set to 2021. Will Lego keep the theme alive until them? Their report seems to indicate this year sets were successfull.