Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

52 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Was never happening—it was just wishlist talk. 

Darn, that’s unfortunate. I was under the impression it was actually a rumor, not just a wish. Thanks for clearing it up!

I kinda wished they made the stygimoloch completely from scratch, it's a lot smaller and cuter in the film. Like this one can work as a pachycephalosaurus, if only it were yellow and blue like in TLW. They should've made it as tall as a dog, maybe as just one mold except give it a head that's moveable like the horse mold so it can ram things.

14 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I kinda wished they made the stygimoloch completely from scratch, it's a lot smaller and cuter in the film. Like this one can work as a pachycephalosaurus, if only it were yellow and blue like in TLW. They should've made it as tall as a dog, maybe as just one mold except give it a head that's moveable like the horse mold so it can ram things.

Speaking of sizes. I was quite surprised to find it that the Dilophosaurus is actually fairly size accurate....to the real animal mind you, the one in the film is really undersized! In the Jurassic Park book it even manages to lift Nedry completely off the ground by his head!

So there was some talk of an Ian Malcom figure coming in a set down the line, was there any update on that rumour? 

I just saw the movie last night, and I really enjoyed the Stygimoloch.  I was already happy that I picked one up, but now I love him more.

The new Luna Lovegood Minifigure in the Harry Potter CMF seems to have the new medium legs in blue, could be perfect for Lex to make her a more accurate height compared to Tim!

Curious: Is the T-Rex Transport exclusive to anywhere here in the States? I haven't seen it anywhere except once in Barnes & Noble of all places.

8 minutes ago, Kalhiki said:

Curious: Is the T-Rex Transport exclusive to anywhere here in the States? I haven't seen it anywhere except once in Barnes & Noble of all places.

It was TRU. But it seems it’s being sold off to other shops. Here in the U.K. it’s availible in quite a few places now; Argos, John Lewis, Amazon, Smyths. Hell I even saw it in a card shop that has a small toy section! The same seems to be happening with the TRU Star Wars exclusives. The Mos Eisley Cantina and AT-ST are pretty much everywhere now.

20 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I apologize if this had already been settled, but are there any rumors regarding another set for JP, or is this likely all we'll get? I am really surprised they haven't given us the classic JP jeep yet.

Won't be in this coming wave or it would have leaked by now.

15 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Thanks. That is a bummer.

There is a rumour there is another set coming later this year, a rumour sparked by the designer of the JP set. He implied a Ian Malcom figure was coming

8 hours ago, Whovastron said:

There is a rumour there is another set coming later this year, a rumour sparked by the designer of the JP set. He implied a Ian Malcom figure was coming

I found his tweet and his exact words were "you may find what you seek later in 2018." I kinda took it as this year it will be revealed where we can get him, but whatever set he'll be in will release next year.

Great news regarding a possible second JP set! :grin:

I got a question myself regarding the Lego 4000031 set, the 500 limited T-rex statue.
Is it worth buying one if I find myself in that situation? And do these sets commonly increase in value over time?

1 hour ago, Doge said:

Great news regarding a possible second JP set! :grin:

I got a question myself regarding the Lego 4000031 set, the 500 limited T-rex statue.
Is it worth buying one if I find myself in that situation? And do these sets commonly increase in value over time?

If I was in a position to get one, I would.

3 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

If I was in a position to get one, I would.

There're currenty some available at the Dutch second hand site Marktplaats.nl... I tried, but its madness.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:43 PM, Doge said:

There're currenty some available at the Dutch second hand site Marktplaats.nl... I tried, but its madness.

I am waiting for a UK way to get them but doesn't look like it will happen. It's a shame as the T-Rex has nice prints. That said, I would like to reverse-engineer the Pedstal at the very least, as I believe it is the one from The Innovation Centre in JW.

I’m sure this has been talked about in this topic many times before, but will we ever get a JP Explorer or should I start gathering pieces and build my own MOC?

With its popularity on Lego Ideas, I’m honestly surprised we haven’t gotten one yet.

WHAT?!

. . . Dick move, Lego. Dick move. 

Nope, not worth it. Maybe if it came with Nedry or some of the other significant characters from the first couple of films, but I'm not gonna rack up debt at the Lego store just for an Iam Malcolm that, frankly, looks like a knockoff of Bruce Banner and variants of Claire and Owen. And cheaping out on a fourth figure and shoehorning in yet another baby dino? Just. No. 

Very interesting 

Including a baby dino as a minifigure on its own is odd

Edited by Robert8

Well that explains why that designer said about the end of the year. Shame, thought we’d fonally get the tour vehicle. Oh well, still an Ian Malcom!