Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

I once again have zero interest in anything but the dinosaurs here. The builds are kind of boring. I'll be Bricklinking the dinos at some point. 

Just now, BrickG said:

I once again have zero interest in anything but the dinosaurs here. The builds are kind of boring. I'll be Bricklinking the dinos at some point. 

Agreed.  I have already picked up the green Raptor and the Stygimoloch. 

On 12/06/2018 at 8:21 AM, ukaskew said:

Some pretty decent discounts online in the UK for these already, wasn't expecting that whilst the film was still on release. Managed to get at least 25% off a number of sets this morning.

Where did you get them?

14 hours ago, thefyfe said:

Where did you get them?

Tesco and Lego Shop are running a sale of old and new sets.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Tesco and Lego Shop are running a sale of old and new sets.

Can’t find any Jurassic world with 25% off on these so was wondering where the saving was found!

Amazon UK, but prices jumped around pretty quick. Carnotaurus set was £44, Lockwood Estate was £90, Stygimoloch £26, Pteranadon Chase £13 etc.

As an aside, does anyone know where to officially get the new polybag from...30382 Velociraptor Playground?

12 minutes ago, ukaskew said:

Amazon UK, but prices jumped around pretty quick. Carnotaurus set was £44, Lockwood Estate was £90, Stygimoloch £26, Pteranadon Chase £13 etc.

As an aside, does anyone know where to officially get the new polybag from...30382 Velociraptor Playground?

I purchased it from a Legoland Windsor this week for £3

11 hours ago, ukaskew said:

Cheers got the stygimoloch set. Heard smyths are giving away the poly bag one day this weekend?

On 6/16/2018 at 12:05 AM, ukaskew said:

Is it not still free with any Jurassic World purchase at the lego store? 

Heads up: Just got the Jurassic Park Raptor Chase set at Walmart for $33. Wasn't planning on getting it, but couldn't resist the lower price. Not sure if this was just a localized anomaly, though. 

Also, they had a buttload of the Baby Raptor polybags, so Walmart may be the place to check for those.

All the Walmart's in my area have the sets discounted. The only ones not on sale is Lockwood estate and the T-rex Transport. The others are ranging from $5 to $15 off.

I’m currently in a bit of a dilemma. I can get the Juniors T-Rex breakout for £36, and the Carnotorus set for £48. I’m not sure which to get. I really want a T-Rex, and I think I prefer the exclusive one, but that’s unlikely to go down in price anytime soon. But then again I like the canotorus set as a whole.

what do you guys think? Is it worth me getting the Juniors set for the T-Rex? Or get the Carnotorus and hold off for the T-Rex transport

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I’m currently in a bit of a dilemma. I can get the Juniors T-Rex breakout for £36, and the Carnotorus set for £48. I’m not sure which to get. I really want a T-Rex, and I think I prefer the exclusive one, but that’s unlikely to go down in price anytime soon. But then again I like the canotorus set as a whole.

what do you guys think? Is it worth me getting the Juniors set for the T-Rex? Or get the Carnotorus and hold off for the T-Rex transport

Get the carnotorus set now! It is an amazing set for sure! Also I own the t-rex transport and I really love that set. The truck is great! I love getting Zia, and having the brand new (more accurate) rexy from the big screen is great! Definitely wait and get both of those sets.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Get the Carnotaurus and hold off for the T-Rex Transport. 

In addition to the reasons presented (and the fact that there is a lot more potential with Normal System parts than there is with those grotesque Juniors parts); those sets have the minifigures of Franklin and Zia exclusive to them. And since they're both supposed to be members of the Dinosaur Protection group that Claire founded, it would be good to have them both together. 

I lament the fact that I only have the budget for one . . .

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Get the Carnotaurus and hold off for the T-Rex Transport. 

In addition to the reasons presented (and the fact that there is a lot more potential with Normal System parts than there is with those grotesque Juniors parts); those sets have the minifigures of Franklin and Zia exclusive to them. And since they're both supposed to be members of the Dinosaur Protection group that Claire founded, it would be good to have them both together. 

I lament the fact that I only have the budget for one . . .

To be fair I’m not that bothered about the Minifigures, apart from Owen and Claire, just the dinos.

but yeah I think I may get the Carnotorus 

After seeing the movie, I really wish we had gotten a cage for the Indoraptor in the Lockwood Estate set and something related to the auction. Even just a small pedestal with a screen like we saw in the second trailer would’ve worked. I also think that

Wheatley shouldn’t have been in the set and Lockwood himself would’ve been a better addition, or Maisie’s nanny, Iris. Overall, I think we got too many island based sets for this line and it would’ve been better to get a set based on the ship or more based on the Lockwood Estate. They could’ve done a $20 set with a cage and auction site that includes a small dinosaur and some of the buyers, for example.

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

After seeing the movie, I really wish we had gotten a cage for the Indoraptor in the Lockwood Estate set and something related to the auction. Even just a small pedestal with a screen like we saw in the second trailer would’ve worked. I also think that

Reveal hidden contents

Wheatley shouldn’t have been in the set and Lockwood himself would’ve been a better addition, or Maisie’s nanny, Iris. Overall, I think we got too many island based sets for this line and it would’ve been better to get a set based on the ship or more based on the Lockwood Estate. They could’ve done a $20 set with a cage and auction site that includes a small dinosaur and some of the buyers, for example.

Yep. That's why I combined the Jurassic Park Raptor Chase and Stygimoloch Breakout with Lockwood Estate. Built them all together on a baseplate  - with additions of my own - into one big dinosaur facility. 

On 6/17/2018 at 5:44 PM, Kalhiki said:

Heads up: Just got the Jurassic Park Raptor Chase set at Walmart for $33. Wasn't planning on getting it, but couldn't resist the lower price. Not sure if this was just a localized anomaly, though. 

Also, they had a buttload of the Baby Raptor polybags, so Walmart may be the place to check for those. 

On 6/17/2018 at 9:45 PM, strangely said:

All the Walmart's in my area have the sets discounted. The only ones not on sale is Lockwood estate and the T-rex Transport. The others are ranging from $5 to $15 off.

My local Walmart's has most of the sets discounted too. The only set that I noticed that wasn't discounted is the Junior's  Pteranodon Escape (10756). 

Plus, I too found the poloybag set 30382 Baby Velociraptor Playpen at a Walmart. If you are looking for a set, I found it in a promotional box at an end cap location and their was plenty to go around. 

I got the Dilophosaurus set and the juniors raptor sets at discount from walmart.  Love the dino's as i did not get any last time around.  I really like the coloring of both.  There are also a ton of useful parts for my moc's.  Can't wait to get more sets.  

I for some reason wish we got the Baryonyx in a set.

Honestly, I wish there was some more herbivores featured in any of these sets.  While it wasn't seen in film, I would've appreciated at least one dino capture set that featured a triceratops or stegosaurus.

On 6/20/2018 at 12:21 AM, Whovastron said:

Where did you find for £48?

On 6/29/2018 at 6:23 PM, thefyfe said:

Where did you find for £48?

It was on eBay; 20% off, but the deal is finished now. I went with the T-Rex Set. And I’m glad I did, the colours are so much better in person, really love the fig.

A few months ago a Mosasaurus set with a submarine was rumored, which does seem to fit with the movie - any idea as to what happened to this and if it’s still going to be released?

24 minutes ago, legozebra said:

A few months ago a Mosasaurus set with a submarine was rumored, which does seem to fit with the movie - any idea as to what happened to this and if it’s still going to be released?

Was never happening—it was just wishlist talk.