Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

14 hours ago, wesker said:

The Lost World is the only movie in the series that hasn't had any sets yet so I'll definitely be okay if that's what Malcolm will come in.

Besides knowing how much Lego loves vehicles in this line, how can they not release the trailer-over-the-cliff scene as a set? Its one of the most memorable parts of the film, has potential to include the whole supporting cast and is one of those rare instances where the actual build wouldn't be useless filler like so many other vehicle-based sets in the line.

I too have thought that the TLW would be the one movie Lego would love to make many sets for not only for that mobile lab trailer, but also all those dino capture vehicles and Malcolm's convertible. It'd also be the best opportunity for more herbivores, and of course the characters would be great to have.

But I feel like it's more likely to be JP if there really is a set with Ian, it's the 25th anniversary and I'd think they'd want to round him out alongside other major characters, like at least Hammond.

On 4/18/2018 at 10:55 PM, Kintobor said:

Let's just hope Lego "spares no expense" on the Ian Malcolm figure. :wink:

Speaking of figures, is no one going to give love to Robert Muldoon or John Hammond? I'd love to see figures of those two.

Nedry and Muldoon have figures in the Funco, Mattel, and imaginext lines alongside Alan, Ellie, and Ian, so I think those two are most likely to be made with Ian and Hammond. I'd really just love to get all of the main cast, but I doubt we'll be seeing the likes of Gennaro, Ray, Gerry, or JP Wu this year.

I'm still hoping for the Jurassic Park Ford Explorer in Creator Expert scale. Such an iconic vehicle and it's lovely and bright.

12 hours ago, ukaskew said:

I'm still hoping for the Jurassic Park Ford Explorer in Creator Expert scale. Such an iconic vehicle and it's lovely and bright.

Maybe someday we will get it.

I'm hoping we'll eventually get sets based off of jurassic park 3, I really want to get a Spinosaurus, because honestly, the old one looks bad

Edited by Brickwraith

3 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

I'm hoping we'll eventually get sets based off of jurassic park 3, I really want to get a Spinosaurus, because honestly, the old one looks bad

Spinosaurus is one of my favorite dinos, I would love to get him as an actual Lego dinosaur. He looks incredible in Jurassic World game.

Yes. Need Spinosaurus. I could see them making a set with that and the plane from JP3. Maybe some trees to crash the plane into.

We're talking about this Jurassic Park 3 right? There's no other version right?

Maybe they could just put a [newer] spino-dino in another set and like not remind us of that film. Ever again. :grin:

50 minutes ago, Kalhiki said:

Yes. Need Spinosaurus. I could see them making a set with that and the plane from JP3. Maybe some trees to crash the plane into.

Didn't they do that already?

On 4/21/2018 at 11:00 PM, ukaskew said:

I just wanted one in Minifig scale!

but, my oh my, would an expert scale one look so beautiful!!

18 hours ago, koalayummies said:

We're talking about this Jurassic Park 3 right? There's no other version right?

Maybe they could just put a [newer] spino-dino in another set and like not remind us of that film. Ever again. :grin:

Honestly Jurassic Park 3 is one of my favorites in the series

The Juniors T. rex Breakout and Carnotaurus Gyrosphere Escape sets are 20% off on Amazon right now! The new prices are $40 and $64 if you’re wondering. 

If star wars can have remakes from over 18 years ago, then I don't see why Jurassic Park can't. Besides, those sets were a subtheme under the studios line, have pretty outdated dinosaurs, and didn't even have the actual characters. I mainly want a remake of that Steven Spielberg studio set without movie making stuff and just fully based on the Lost World's San Diego scene.

I like the JP set we got with the Fallen Kingdom line. I want to get it just for the minifigures. My hope is that they give us at least one or two more set during the 25th anniversary celebration. I think a lot of us would love to get a T-Rex Breakout set with a couple Jungle Explorers, a few fence segments, and even a little washroom shack. That T-Rex Breakout on LEGO Ideas would be ideal.

Another great set would be the Velociraptor Paddock, and Nedry's Dilophosaurus encounter. :classic:

8 hours ago, Hell_Hawk_33 said:

I like the JP set we got with the Fallen Kingdom line. I want to get it just for the minifigures. My hope is that they give us at least one or two more set during the 25th anniversary celebration. I think a lot of us would love to get a T-Rex Breakout set with a couple Jungle Explorers, a few fence segments, and even a little washroom shack. That T-Rex Breakout on LEGO Ideas would be ideal.

Another great set would be the Velociraptor Paddock, and Nedry's Dilophosaurus encounter. :classic:

Or maybe not another sets for Jurassic Park, but maybe The Lost World and JP 3 sets? In my opinion, that would be much better.

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Or maybe not another sets for Jurassic Park, but maybe The Lost World and JP 3 sets? In my opinion, that would be much better.

Definitely, but I figured since it is JP's 25th this year they would stick with that theme. There could be some great sets from both, espeically TLW. The Mobile RV Lab? Workers Village? Hunters Camp? :wub:

2 hours ago, Hell_Hawk_33 said:

Definitely, but I figured since it is JP's 25th this year they would stick with that theme. There could be some great sets from both, espeically TLW. The Mobile RV Lab? Workers Village? Hunters Camp? :wub:

Also: if we got The Lost World sets, we'd finally get an Ian Malcolm minifigure.

45 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Also: if we got The Lost World sets, we'd finally get an Ian Malcolm minifigure.

Not to mention; we might get a raptor, or gallimimus, mood coloured to look like a young T-Rex. Alongside an actual adult T-Rex, of course. Because the currently existing baby dinosaur mold is a bit too small compared to what was in the movie. Especially if my dream comes true and that mold is recoloured in bright green and used for a Compsognathus. 

Okay, scratch that. For anyone who's interested, I found the T-Rex Transport at Toys R Us in Australia. Bad news is, it's still priced at a jacked up $100 AUD. Here's hoping a liquidation sale's on the horizon. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

On 26.04.2018 at 12:56 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Not to mention; we might get a raptor, or gallimimus, mood coloured to look like a young T-Rex. Alongside an actual adult T-Rex, of course. Because the currently existing baby dinosaur mold is a bit too small compared to what was in the movie. Especially if my dream comes true and that mold is recoloured in bright green and used for a Compsognathus. 

Raptor with Stygimoloch hands and new printing would be great as T-Rex. Bit too sleek, but still good.

So, I've bought a few of the sets now, Blues helicopter pursuit, pteradon chase, t-rex transporter and the Jurassic park set. So far I can' fault lego on anything apart from one small detail, and now I've seen it, it can' be unseen. What is the deal with the t-rex moulds having such white teeth? All the other dinos have a nice tan finish to their chompers. As much as I love rexy ( grew up adoring her in JP) it's really bugging me.

Does anyone else wish LEGO would release a T-Rex that has the Fallen Kingdom Dilo colour scheme?

On 5/2/2018 at 7:42 PM, raptor1 said:

So, I've bought a few of the sets now, Blues helicopter pursuit, pteradon chase, t-rex transporter and the Jurassic park set. So far I can' fault lego on anything apart from one small detail, and now I've seen it, it can' be unseen. What is the deal with the t-rex moulds having such white teeth? All the other dinos have a nice tan finish to their chompers. As much as I love rexy ( grew up adoring her in JP) it's really bugging me.

Probably because if the teeth were tan it would blend with the rest of the mould too much

What about a Jurassic Park set called T-rex's Diner Time, with a T-rex, a goat, Ian Malcom, Dr. Satler, Dr.Grant, Lexi, Tim and the Lawyer, 2 vehicles and an out house.

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

What about a Jurassic Park set called T-rex's Diner Time, with a T-rex, a goat, Ian Malcom, Dr. Satler, Dr.Grant, Lexi, Tim and the Lawyer, 2 vehicles and an out house.

If that were a set I'd imagine it'd only contain Malcolm, Grant, The Lawyer and just the one car. Previous T-Rex sets in recent times have only had three or so minifig included and having the entire minifig of the Raptor set would diminish that one's value by quite a bit