Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

5 hours ago, Rune Haako said:

The creator of the Jurassic Park set Samuel Johnson tweeted this,

Let's just hope Lego "spares no expense" on the Ian Malcolm figure. :wink:

Speaking of figures, is no one going to give love to Robert Muldoon or John Hammond? I'd love to see figures of those two.

33 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Let's just hope Lego "spares no expense" on the Ian Malcolm figure. :wink:

Speaking of figures, is no one going to give love to Robert Muldoon or John Hammond? I'd love to see figures of those two.

John Hammond would be good, but, um . . who's Robert Muldoon? I don't remember a character in the movie named Robert . .

We've got *no* Dodgson here!

See, noboby cares.

Sorry couldn't resist with the no love/movie quoting. I'm bummed I missed out on B.D. Wong/Dr. Wu minifigure.

23 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

John Hammond would be good, but, um . . who's Robert Muldoon? I don't remember a character in the movie named Robert . .

latest?cb=20160713165835

Robert Muldoon was Jurassic Park's Game Warden. He met his fate while going to the Electricity Bunker with Ellie Sattler after realizing the velociraptor's had escaped. Robert wound up being outsmarted by them and was devoured by the velociraptors.

Long story short: he's the guy that say's "clever girl". 

Just now, Kintobor said:

latest?cb=20160713165835

Robert Muldoon was Jurassic Park's Game Warden. He met his fate while going to the Electricity Bunker with Ellie Sattler after realizing the velociraptor's had escaped. Robert wound up being outsmarted by them and was devoured by the velociraptors.

Long story short: he's the guy that say's "clever girl". 

Oh yeah, him! He was cool . . before he died . . heh, for a moment I thought you were talking about the lawyer guy who got eaten by the T-Rex. 

17 hours ago, Rune Haako said:

The creator of the Jurassic Park set Samuel Johnson tweeted this,

Maybe it's a hint at another JP set?

Oh wow, these are horrendously overpriced in the UK. Was looking forward to getting these, but not anymore. Maybe in a year when they're on sale in Sainsbury's or something.

6 hours ago, ood0 said:

Oh wow, these are horrendously overpriced in the UK. Was looking forward to getting these, but not anymore. Maybe in a year when they're on sale in Sainsbury's or something.

Or Smyths or Argos or Tesco Direct. There's no reason to pay full price for Lego in the UK, shops routinely do discount promotions (Argos right now have 20% of loads of stuff as do Smyths) not to mention the 3 for 2 deals Argos and Tesco do from time to time.

So I've been rewatching the original trilogy, and it occurred to me; if Lego moulded the 'baby dinosaur' in 'Minecraft-green' or maybe yellowish green and gave them a new print, they'd make a pretty damn good Compsognathus. Even the 'baby Blue' we already have isn't too far off the mark in that regard. 

Here's hoping that, if they ever do a Lost World-inspired set focused on Malcolm and his little entourage, they include three or four Compsognathuses like this. ^^

On 4/17/2018 at 2:08 PM, x105Black said:

I'm glad to see a new T Rex, but of the 2, I prefer the one in the Juniors set.

I think I am in a similar camp. Mostly I think it is I just don't want a big "useless" truck. Plus, the Junior's set seems cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So I've been rewatching the original trilogy, and it occurred to me; if Lego moulded the 'baby dinosaur' in 'Minecraft-green' or maybe yellowish green and gave them a new print, they'd make a pretty damn good Compsognathus. Even the 'baby Blue' we already have isn't too far off the mark in that regard. 

Here's hoping that, if they ever do a Lost World-inspired set focused on Malcolm and his little entourage, they include three or four Compsognathuses like this. ^^

Not a bad idea.  I could see them reusing the baby dinosaur mold for that purpose.

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

I think I am in a similar camp. Mostly I think it is I just don't want a big "useless" truck. Plus, the Junior's set seems cheaper. 

Agreed.  The truck is not that great.  Less money on the Juniors set is better.  Plus, I just like the look of that Tyrannosaurus more than the tan one.

Why is everyone hating on the T-Rex Transport? Personally, I like it. I have no idea where in Australia to get it, but if I figure that out and get an opportunity, I certainly will. 

To be honest, the main draw of the thing is that it finally (FINALLY) gives me a reasonable way to put a massive T-Rex on display, within my city, without it being on a rampage. It's just being carried through the city, on its way to Lockwood Estate, nice and easy like, in a truck that, if not for the T-Rex in it, looks perfectly normal - more than can be said for the previous T-Rex carrying vehicles, I might add. (Bonus points that the designers kept it at only ten studs wide - the maximum for a vehicle to comfortably fit on a standard road baseplate.) And the guards for army building never hurt. Plus Zia is cool (even if her little operations booth is redundant and silly) and, as previously mentioned, baby Blue looks enough like a Compy that I could throw together a little cage and toss it into the Lockwood Estate display I'm building out of 75927, 75930 and 75932. I'm sure one of the side towers will have enough room. 

I will agree that Zia is cool, and that the Transport set is much more easily included in a City layout.

4 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I will agree that Zia is cool, and that the Transport set is much more easily included in a City layout.

Yeah, I like including other stuff in my layout. Features include the TARDIS, a partitioned-off section devoted to Elvendale, a MOC K.N.D. treehouse, and as soon as I can scrounge up the cash, Lockwood Estate. 

Now I think the real question is if the set including Ian Malcom that is coming up will be based on Jurassic Park or the Lost World. Both would work but I am leaning more towards Lost World as there is an unusual gap between the releases.

32 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Now I think the real question is if the set including Ian Malcom that is coming up will be based on Jurassic Park or the Lost World. Both would work but I am leaning more towards Lost World as there is an unusual gap between the releases.

I agree. Basing it on the Lost World gives scope for the creation of minifigs for the characters who only appeared in Lost World, like Sarah, Kelly and maybe even Eddie and Nick. Here's hoping the build would be the command centre, plus an adult and baby T-Rex . .  then again, that would make it expensive . . 

The Lost World is the only movie in the series that hasn't had any sets yet so I'll definitely be okay if that's what Malcolm will come in.

Besides knowing how much Lego loves vehicles in this line, how can they not release the trailer-over-the-cliff scene as a set? Its one of the most memorable parts of the film, has potential to include the whole supporting cast and is one of those rare instances where the actual build wouldn't be useless filler like so many other vehicle-based sets in the line.

5 hours ago, Puresh said:

Where was it confirmed Ian Malcom was coming? I thought everyone was just hoping for him

14 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

Where was it confirmed Ian Malcom was coming? I thought everyone was just hoping for him

No confirmation, but a pretty strong hint that it could happen.

2 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

Creator of the Jurassic Park set responded on someone's Tweet about why we didn't get Lego Ian Malcolm and he wrote that we should wait what happens in 2018.

Besides, after the Jurassic Park set, Lego has proven that there is scope for sets based on the original trilogy. They know that everyone wants Ian Malcolm (this thread is proof enough of that) and that everyone would be willing to buy a set with him in it. So it makes no sense, both from a customer-relations standpoint, and from a business standpoint, not to make a set with Ian Malcolm. 

That said, Dennis Nedry and John Hammond might need to be MOC-ed . .