Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

7 minutes ago, Maple said:

We have no clue, so it could be $90 or $100 just as much as it could be $70.

$40 for a set with less than 300 pieces and a small dinosaur, and three figures.
$X for a set with 600 pieces, a big dinosaur and 2-3 minifigures.

I can say it’s going to be around 70$

21 minutes ago, Maple said:

We have no clue, so it could be $90 or $100 just as much as it could be $70.

$40 for a set with less than 300 pieces and a small dinosaur, and three figures.
$X for a set with 600 pieces, a big dinosaur and 2-3 minifigures.

Well, @Falconfan1414 and @Azani both seem to be pretty well connected so I’m inclined to believe them when they say the price will be around $70. 

I am really excited with all the additional sets we have seen released this time - especially when compared to the first time around.

I actually think build-wise, the T-Rex Transport is my favourite build from the three exclusive sets that we have been given. The truck is pretty spot-on to some of the transports we've seen on location, and I think having one of the trucks was important. It is also, I feel, a lot more grounded and realistic than the first transportation vehicle we received. Although devoid of many play features, it makes up for this with a great overall aesthetic design. The mini lab build is also nice - and feels like a nice nod to work we see Zia doing in the second trailer.

T-Rex wise, I am not a massive fan of this colour scheme. It feels as if both Blue and the T-Rex actually got less-accurate here, but I'm not sure. It is nice to see LEGO experimenting and trying something new.

Minifigure wise, Zia is great, and it's always great to have more Mercs. I just feel as though one more figure would have really locked down the set - perhaps an older Ian Malcolm. Whilst not authentic to the scene, he would have been a nice nod to fans.

Overall, I really like the set - and the $70 price point seems reasonable.

Set looks great. Rexy looks better than the JW sets but I still would've preferred darker colours like greens. If Rexy had Blue's new colour scheme and Blue was left the same as JW it would be perfect. Also the printing on Rexy's upper lip looks like a mustache...

3 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Set looks great. Rexy looks better than the JW sets but I still would've preferred darker colours like greens. If Rexy had Blue's new colour scheme and Blue was left the same as JW it would be perfect. Also the printing on Rexy's upper lip looks like a mustache...

Rexy isn’t green. Using a color scheme like the new Blue’s on her would look horrible, because the new Blue is very bright. I definitely don’t want to see a T. rex ever done in that mint green color. 

I'm just patiently waiting for the day when we finally get a T-Rex in dark tan with dark grey striping. This new T-Rex is the best yet, although it's still way too bright. :shrug_confused:

20 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Rexy isn’t green. Using a color scheme like the new Blue’s on her would look horrible, because the new Blue is very bright. I definitely don’t want to see a T. rex ever done in that mint green color. 

She always looks like a browny-green to me. Looking at pictures again you're right about the mint green to be fair. I just think the dark tan would be perfect with some sort of brown/green colour

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

I'm just patiently waiting for the day when we finally get a T-Rex in dark tan with dark grey striping. This new T-Rex is the best yet, although it's still way too bright. :shrug_confused:

That would look really nice. I wouldn’t mind one using reddish brown or dark brown as the base color. The darker orange-red one from the Dino theme looked awesome. 

Oh thank god, it's a new print.

And it actually looks really good, I gotta say. The set isn't too bad either. Similar to the JW one, but less tank-y and more semi-truck-y.

What are the T-Rex's colors, though? Kinda hard to tell. Reddish Brown, Dark Orange, and...? Brick Yellow maybe?

Definite buy for me either way.

Edited by Kalhiki

7 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Oh, I thought the old one was far better printed as a Jurassic Park tyrannosaur, except it was just too orange. The recolored game version of it is perfect.

Maybe combining the old one's legs and upper jaw with everything else on the new one would be a good combination, so you can have the light tan lower jaw and stomach and less orange colors. It's just the head and striped legs on the new one seem too weird and inaccurate for me.

On another note, while Rexy does seem green in Jurassic Park's explorer attack scene probably due to the rain and lighting, her and the other female tyrannosaur are most definitely brown while it's the males that are green.

Just saw the new t-rex. I like it in this color, much better than the orange and brown shades of the previous versions.
I really felt they didn't suit the t-rex.
Might get this one some day :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

37 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom brickheadz have leaked. Owen looks nice but blue looks interesting 

Neat. I guess this makes Blue the first non-standard Brickhead, huh? Haven't gotten in to the Brickheadz, but I may pick up the two-pack just because of Blue. He's pretty cool. 

That blue brickheadz is interesting...might have to buy it just for owen to be honest. 

I love this new set! I'm in love especially with the T-Rex! It's such a cool reprint. Truck build is incredible too. Minifigures are cool, and side build is great.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom brickheadz have leaked. Owen looks nice but blue looks interesting 

Interesting indeed, but in a weird way. *huh*

Wow! Blue is so cute! She’s a better build than I ever expected. Definitely picking this up at some point. I have a lot more faith in the other weird BrickHeadz now, like Hedwig and Rocket Raccoon. 

That new T. Rex looks great.  I can't decide which I like more, or which I will end up buying.  And that girl in the set has big red boots.

The "Build your own hybrid" thing on the back of the box is neat, and I've thought of doing similar mixing and matching with my dinosaurs before.  The thing that makes it difficult is that the colors don't really match.  Even if you get a couple of dinosaurs with matching colored parts, the prints are different colors.  To me, this ruins the whole idea.

Edited by x105Black

44 minutes ago, x105Black said:

That new T. Rex looks great.  I can't decide which I like more, or which I will end up buying.  And that girl in the set has big red boots.

The "Build your own hybrid" thing on the back of the box is neat, and I've thought of doing similar mixing and matching with my dinosaurs before.  The thing that makes it difficult is that the colors don't really match.  Even if you get a couple of dinosaurs with matching colored parts, the prints are different colors.  To me, this ruins the whole idea.

My personal favorite mix and match is sticking a T. rex head on a raptor body. It’s intetesting that they’re marketing it as a feature and leads me to believe that hybrids will play an even larger role in the sequel. The mixing and matching is a lot easier now with the Indoraptor, though, because you can put its legs on the large carnivore body without it looking as comical as something like the raptor legs. 

40 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

My personal favorite mix and match is sticking a T. rex head on a raptor body. It’s intetesting that they’re marketing it as a feature and leads me to believe that hybrids will play an even larger role in the sequel. The mixing and matching is a lot easier now with the Indoraptor, though, because you can put its legs on the large carnivore body without it looking as comical as something like the raptor legs. 

This is Lego. Silly is the name of the game. :P

Fallen Kingdom DCPI codes

pteranodon chase 204-00-2208

styginoloch breakout 204-00-2209

Blues helicopter pursuit 204-00-2210

Carnotaurus Gyrosphere Escape 204-00-2211

Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate 204-00-2212