Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Both sets are $40. Not happy about that, I think the Dilophosaurus one especially should only be $30 considering it has 71 pieces fewer than the Jurassic Park set. Hopefully Walmart discounts them on release day like they’ve been doing. 

Anyone noticed the ''Collect them all and...build your own hybrid'' on the back side of the Raptor chase set? 

Interesting gimmick, I wonder how that would look. Carnosaur legs, Raptor body and Head and arms of the Indo Raptor. 

You know, im still buying that set, but I'd be lying if i said i wasn't a bit disappointed. The builds are actually well done, and I didn't even think they'd recreate the jello. I love the Nublar map and the Nedry gif on the computer, though I think my favorite part of this whole thing is the embryonic room, it'll be nice to display with Wu in there. The Jurassic Park logo kind of feels tacked on, and so is the inclusion of that damned cheap stud shooter, but at least those two problems are fixable. 

I'm still disappointed that Lex isn't blonde or didn't even use that new cap+ponytail headpiece as well as Ellie lacking dual arm molding.

Dilophosaur set looks cool too, though I don't get why baby Blue is in it, especially without Owen.

18 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Dilophosaur set looks cool too, though I don't get why baby Blue is in it, especially without Owen

The description on Wal-Mart.com says it's a baby Dilophosaurus.

21 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I'm still disappointed that Lex isn't blonde or didn't even use that new cap+ponytail headpiece as well as Ellie lacking dual arm molding.

To be fair, she has dirty blonde hair and there's not a good color in the Lego palette to represent that.

I'm more bothered by the fact that 3 of the 4 minifigures seem to have the same hair color. I think Tim's hair should have been more orange, fortunately I can swap a more suitable color in. I think I'll take the games suggestion and replace Alan's hair with Emmet's.

1 hour ago, strangely said:

To be fair, she has dirty blonde hair and there's not a good color in the Lego palette to represent that.

I'm more bothered by the fact that 3 of the 4 minifigures seem to have the same hair color. I think Tim's hair should have been more orange, fortunately I can swap a more suitable color in. I think I'll take the games suggestion and replace Alan's hair with Emmet's.

I think dark tan would be good for dirty blonde hair. I mean I think Tim's hair color is fine for representing that in a more orangey color, and I'm going the Emmett route with Alan too, but I thought Lex was obviously more blonde than her brother.

Pleasant surprise we have here today. I thought were we're getting a big D2C with all the iconic scenes so this is a shock. Though If I'm being honest I think the D2C would have been awesome. The Raptor set is Magnificent. Great price and a great build. I love how they were able to combine both the lab and the kitchen. Not only that but there you also get 4 of the main characters in one set. The figures need no introduction, there incredible. The Dilophosaur set look good too. Cage builds are nice so this I stood, but out of the cage builds we have gotten so far I think this is the worst, no uniqueness to it and it does not look like it closes, and the set is too expensive, personal I would get the new Fallen Kingdom cage over this one. Speaking of which I now have to decide if I want to get the original JP raptor set or the FK cage. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I think dark tan would be good for dirty blonde hair. I mean I think Tim's hair color is fine for representing that in a more orangey color, and I'm going the Emmett route with Alan too, but I thought Lex was obviously more blonde than her brother.

For me, dark tan is kind of a lateral move. Tim's hair I've always thought was kind of auburn, the color Lego chose is just a bit too light to me. But yeah, Lex's hair should be lighter than Tim's, Lego's choice on hair colors is off on pretty much all of these characters. Without a better replacement for her hair I figure if I go darker for Tim it'll be a better balance.

Hm...on one hand, I’m excited to be getting anything classic Jurassic Park related (and the set does look good for the price point). But I can’t help but feel a little disappointed that Lego didn’t go all-out with a D2C set for JP.

I mean, hell, if Ghostbusters and The Simpsons can get $200+ sets.... 

4 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Pleasant surprise we have here today. I thought were we're getting a big D2C with all the iconic scenes so this is a shock. Though If I'm being honest I think the D2C would have been awesome. The Raptor set is Magnificent. Great price and a great build. I love how they were able to combine both the lab and the kitchen. Not only that but there you also get 4 of the main characters in one set. The figures need no introduction, there incredible. The Dilophosaur set look good too. Cage builds are nice so this I stood, but out of the cage builds we have gotten so far I think this is the worst, no uniqueness to it and it does not look like it closes, and the set is too expensive, personal I would get the new Fallen Kingdom cage over this one. Speaking of which I now have to decide if I want to get the original JP raptor set or the FK cage. Any suggestions?

It doesn’t close because it isn’t a cage. It’s an outpost, so that’s just a perimeter fence that the dinosaur is breaking through. 

Not sure where the idea of the Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack came from but I like it none the less.

Also, both sets are Walmart exclusive. How does this affect people from Europe who want to buy it? Will they also be available in Europe?

14 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I guess all sets have been revealed now? Or something still missing?

The $110 Fallen Kingdom exclusive hasn’t been revealed yet. @Falconfan1414 says it’s rumored to be the “T. rex Transporter” which will probably be an easy pass unless they include a T. rex who isn’t Rexy. We haven’t seen the BrickHeadz either. 

35 minutes ago, Bbrink1996 said:

Not sure where the idea of the Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack came from but I like it none the less.

Also, both sets are Walmart exclusive. How does this affect people from Europe who want to buy it? Will they also be available in Europe?

I saw it listed on some Dutch websites, so I guess it will also be sold on the continent.(Pricepoint: around 50 Euros)

26 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The $110 Fallen Kingdom exclusive hasn’t been revealed yet. @Falconfan1414 says it’s rumored to be the “T. rex Transporter” which will probably be an easy pass unless they include a T. rex who isn’t Rexy. We haven’t seen the BrickHeadz either. 

I cant wait to see another re-release of that transporter... :tongue:

11 hours ago, Rune Haako said:

I'm glad they're Wal-Mart exclusives.

Why is that?

11 hours ago, DanieGlass said:

Not to be that guy, as I know the dinosaur elements are more expensive to produce, but the does the inclusion of one raptor in a scene defined by two raptors bother anyone else? I know it needs to meet the $40 price, but man...

Of course I would have preferred 2 raptors!  I guess I can accept $40 for 360 pieces considering licensing, but another raptor would have made it much more worth it.

Still, it's an easy decision to get this.

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hopefully the T-Rex is green or some other color. I'd like another T-Rex that isn't the same one from the Jurassic World Transporter/Fallen Kingdom Juniors set.

On the new sets: I'm not sold on them yet. The Dilophosaurus looks much better than the JW one, but I don't know if I really need another Dilo. JP set is pretty cool, and I think they did a fairly good job of including so many locations in such a small build. But it is a small build with only one Raptor for $40, and I don't know if I can justify that... It's a good looking Raptor, though.

Just now, Kalhiki said:

Hopefully the T-Rex is green or some other color. I'd like another T-Rex that isn't the same one from the Jurassic World Transporter/Fallen Kingdom Juniors set.

On the new sets: I'm not sold on them yet. The Dilophosaurus looks much better than the JW one, but I don't know if I really need another Dilo. JP set is pretty cool, and I think they did a fairly good job of including so many locations in such a small build. But it is a small build with only one Raptor for $40, and I don't know if I can justify that... It's a good looking Raptor, though.

I agree about the T. rex, but Rexy is the only one in the movie so it’ll probably be yet another repeat. That must be the set that Zia comes in, too. I really wish the mosasaurus rumor hadn’t been fake...

Super excited about the new sets.

The Dilophosaurus set - I had speculated as much that the Dilo would be the only dino in one of the sets, so I am glad to be right. The set looks fantastic. The fencing looks really nicely done, the watchtower is cool, and I really like the Isla Nublar graphic on the rear side of the outpost. The new Dilo looks great, and Baby Blue is beautiful.

The JP set has more mixed thoughts for me. Minifigs are ace - but a couple feel slightly off. The build here is...meh. It feels like they tried too hard to cram everything together, and that took away from some of the locations. The worse bit, I feel, is the kitchen - which doesn't capture the JP kitchen at all. That said, I like all the references crammed in, and the Raptors are cool. I feel as though the set is pure fan tribute - and crams too much in.

16 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Both sets are $40. Not happy about that, I think the Dilophosaurus one especially should only be $30 considering it has 71 pieces fewer than the Jurassic Park set. Hopefully Walmart discounts them on release day like they’ve been doing. 

I agree, but I will look on the up side, at least the JP set isn't $50. Knowing LEGO that wouldn't have surprised me.

I can't wait to order a bunch of spoons on Bricks and Pieces.

I really love the Jurassic Park set! My wallet gets to stay alive and I can save more money for other Jurassic World sets. I almost feel like if you buy two jurassic park sets you might have a better display. Sure you will have to modify some stuff but thenyou get more of a computer room, extra rows in the kitchen, more accurate dna room. And of course two raptors. I can see how this set will make a cool display piece though!

23 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So there is a rumor 75933 is called t-Rex transporter it will be around 110$. It’s unknown if it is Jurassic world or Jurassic Park. But I believe it’s jurassic world fallen kingdom and it was the thing transporting the T. rex from the trailer 

It's called "T. rex Transport"; that's the name. It's a Jurassic World set that should be around $70 US.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I agree about the T. rex, but Rexy is the only one in the movie so it’ll probably be yet another repeat. That must be the set that Zia comes in, too. I really wish the mosasaurus rumor hadn’t been fake...

Likely, yeah. And yes, Zia is in that set. :)

19 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Anyone noticed the ''Collect them all and...build your own hybrid'' on the back side of the Raptor chase set? 

Interesting gimmick, I wonder how that would look. Carnosaur legs, Raptor body and Head and arms of the Indo Raptor. 

That should be on the back of 75931 as well.

19 hours ago, tastybrick said:

Hahaha, I know that, man, because I'm the one who shared those images. :) Happy to help.

On 3/10/2018 at 8:24 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What are the Carnotaurus and Lockwood Mansion piece counts? 

Hey, man; sorry that I missed this one of yours; thanks @dimaks13!

75929 Carnotaurus Gyrosphere Escape: 577 pieces, $79.99 US

75930 Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate: 1019 pieces, $129.99 US

Edited by Azani

I love those new sets :wub:

Dilophosaurus Outpost looks so awesome, dino is great, minifigures are just soldiers but really cool ones, and the build is fantastic! Overall a great set, but price is horrible. Should be 30$.

Jurassic Park set is inctedible! Fanatstic minifigures, great dinosaur and an awesome build! I love it. I like that it is not an 80$ set or even a D2C, because it is an easy buy. For me, a must buy.