Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

So there is a rumor 75933 is called t-Rex transporter it will be around 110$. It’s unknown if it is Jurassic world or Jurassic Park. But I believe it’s jurassic world fallen kingdom and it was the thing transporting the T. rex from the trailer 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Is there a T-Rex in the movie other than Roberta? If not, I fail to see the point of that rumoured set since she's easily available in that Juniors set :grin:

30 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Is there a T-Rex in the movie other than Roberta? If not, I fail to see the point of that rumoured set since she's easily available in that Juniors set :grin:

Well they did make that helicopter set with Blue yet she and Wheaton aren't even exclusive to that set as both also appear in the mansion.

Honestly i wouldn't mind a dinosaur transport truck as long as it was movie accurate. It'd be much better if it included an herbivore like a Stegosaurus, but it does seem that Universal is pushing for Rexy to be front and center with merchandising, so I'm glad i didn't get her in that tracker set.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So there is a rumor 75933 is called t-Rex transporter it will be around 110$. It’s unknown if it is Jurassic world or Jurassic Park. But I believe it’s jurassic world fallen kingdom and it was the thing transporting the T. rex from the trailer 

I’ll pass if this is true. No need for a third version of the same T. rex and I like the gates build from the Juniors set. 

By the way, official images of the Jurassic Park 25th anniversary set are out. It looks like it’s $30 or maybe $40 and it’s the control room. 

Jurassic Park Set is a huge dissapointment in my opinion. The gates and the cars are the obvious choices, really weird set to produce.

Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack comes with baby Blue, 289 pieces, and looks to be $30 as well. Pictures are also out for this one!

Just now, Whovastron said:

Jurassic Park Set is a huge dissapointment in my opinion. The gates and the cars are the obvious choices, really weird set to produce.

Well, the leaks told us it would be the kitchen and control room so we knew what to expect. The gates were just done as a Juniors set so why would they do them twice in the same wave? We could’ve gotten a car but now they have an excuse to make another set, hopefully with characters that we’re missing like Hammond and Malcolm. 

2 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

A bit of a let down but it's an instant buy for me none the less.  There's gotta more than just this one..

23 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

By the way, official images of the Jurassic Park 25th anniversary set are out. It looks like it’s $30 or maybe $40 and it’s the control room. 

Strange, I wasn't at all expecting a smaller set, not to mention one that's still branded Jurassic World. :shrug_confused:

Ah well, it may not be anything iconic like a full Visitor's Center playset or Jurassic Park Explorer with gate, but it's not that bad considering. 

Okay, super nice that Lego is willing to make sets based on the best movie of this franchise by a million miles. 

But by Thor's beard in what parralel universe was it justified to price this 40$?

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Both of the sets are Walmart exclusives 

Oh, that's a shame.

So they included the Embryo Cold Storage, but no Nedry to steal the Embryos. The included a ladder, but no ceiling to climb into...

I just don't know how to feel about this set. I mean I believed the rumors fully and was super excited and yet I'm somehow underwhelmed. Still, I love the $40 price and I actually feel like I'm getting my money's worth, so I'll be happy with it. I wish they hadn't bothered with Alan's hat and given him a double sided head, his happy face is just so wrong for the content of this set (Notice his hair is present as well). Ellie's hair doesn't really fit.

All I can say is that this better not be the only set. I still need Nedry, Hammond, Malcolm and a Jeep.

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

"Excuse me sir. Do you have a moment to talk about Indominus Rex?"

No, but I'll read your magazine.

3 minutes ago, strangely said:

So they included the Embryo Cold Storage, but no Nedry to steal the Embryos. The included a ladder, but no ceiling to climb into...

Spared no expense!

Edited by RetroInferno

5 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Spared no expense!

They couldn't even print the Barbasol can, it's official, I'm salty.

Then again, who can afford those expensive Barbasol rights? I guess we'll just have to settle for 'off brand Spider-man water bottle' instead.

Edited by strangely

Love both sets, and I'm glad they're Wal-Mart exclusives.

Edited by Rune Haako

18 minutes ago, strangely said:

They couldn't even print the Barbasol can, it's official, I'm salty.

Then again, who can afford those expensive Barbasol rights? I guess we'll just have to settle for 'off brand Spider-man water bottle' instead.

To be fair I really like the locking door mechanism on the set.

But frankly the set screams ''We tried to push as many iconic stuff as possible in this set because it's the only jurassic park 1 set we'll launch''. DNA samples, '''''Barbasol TM''''' can, the JP original logo, red phone, ''need the magic word'', Big one, kitchen scene, island map, green Jell-O. 

Where's the Spas-12 though? :classic:, don't give me those tranq darts crap. 

I hope I'm wrong and we get other sets because that movie's legacy deserves to be treated fairly. 

I'll also give props for the Jurrasic World 2 set for not including an oversized blue generic vehicle and that Dilophosaurus looks great. 

Edited by RetroInferno

Not to be that guy, as I know the dinosaur elements are more expensive to produce, but the does the inclusion of one raptor in a scene defined by two raptors bother anyone else? I know it needs to meet the $40 price, but man...

Edited by DanieGlass