Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

11 hours ago, tastybrick said:

New 2018 dilophosaurus

Not sure if you can post that here though. It was kinda officially revealed on the artwork they used for the magazine and for the backdrop on the toy fair but it's still a leak

50 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We have all official box arts for all the system sets. They look so dang cool, especially Stygimoloch one.

Yup; that said, we're still waiting on the NA boxes for most. :)

I do have all the pertinent piece count(s) on hand, so just ask if y'all want a certain one.

On 3/9/2018 at 4:05 PM, tastybrick said:

I'm not telling you what to do, but you might want to remove that.

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Jurassic world brickheadz is Owen and Blue. It will cost $20 and come out in April

Yes, one of the dualpacks is 41614 Owen & Blue. 

2 hours ago, Azani said:

Yup; that said, we're still waiting on the NA boxes for most. :)

I do have all the pertinent piece count(s) on hand, so just ask if y'all want a certain one.

I'm not telling you what to do, but you might want to remove that.

Yes, one of the dualpacks is 41614 Owen & Blue. 

What are the Carnotaurus and Lockwood Mansion piece counts? 

I’m interested in seeing how they do BrickHeadz dinosaurs. Might pick this one up depending on how Blue looks. 

The box art for the Carnotaurus Gyrosphere Escape set is amazing. I love how dark the colors are on these boxes and this one has awesome contrast with the river of lava. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What are the Carnotaurus and Lockwood Mansion piece counts? 

577 and 1019.

6 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

577 and 1019.

Thank you! 1019 is okay given that we have two dinosaurs but I still think that the Carno set needed to be $70.

4 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Owen and Blue sound like interesting choices for Brickheadz, but is it too much to ask for LEGO to acknowledge that Ian Malcolm is in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom?

Ian Malcolm is barely in the movie. From what they’ve said so far, it sounds like he’s in just a handful of scenes. Why would Lego make a minifigure or BrickHeadz for him if he’s not an important part of the movie? I’d rather get a younger Malcolm in the Jurassic Park set(s) as opposed to an older Malcolm from Fallen Kingdom. 

23 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Ian Malcolm is barely in the movie. From what they’ve said so far, it sounds like he’s in just a handful of scenes. Why would Lego make a minifigure or BrickHeadz for him if he’s not an important part of the movie? I’d rather get a younger Malcolm in the Jurassic Park set(s) as opposed to an older Malcolm from Fallen Kingdom. 

Because he's a hugely important character from the original trilogy, and returning for Fallen Kingdom.

Interestingly enough, Jeff Goldblum recently revealed he was on set whilst action sequences were being shot, so he could be in more than we think...

38 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Because he's a hugely important character from the original trilogy, and returning for Fallen Kingdom.

Exactly: he’s important in the original trilogy, so he should be in an original trilogy set, which we are clearly getting. 

1 hour ago, LegoFan117 said:

Interestingly enough, Jeff Goldblum recently revealed he was on set whilst action sequences were being shot, so he could be in more than we think...

I hope he is. You can't waste an iconic character like Ian Malcolm with just a cameo role.

3 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I hope he is. You can't waste an iconic character like Ian Malcolm with just a cameo role.

I'd like to see more, but only if done well.

10 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Owen and Blue sound like interesting choices for Brickheadz, but is it too much to ask for LEGO to acknowledge that Ian Malcolm is in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom?

He has a cameo role. For probably 5 minutes. Maybe he will be in exclusive set, or he will be in Jurassic Park sets.

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He has a cameo role. For probably 5 minutes. Maybe he will be in exclusive set, or he will be in Jurassic Park sets.

I would say a video game exclusive but I am not sure we are getting a fallen kingdom video game this time with the incredibles and dc supervilians getting Lego games. But who knows what the exclusive sets have in store 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I would say a video game exclusive but I am not sure we are getting a fallen kingdom video game this time with the incredibles and dc supervilians getting Lego games. But who knows what the exclusive sets have in store 

They'll likely wait for Jurassic World 3 before doing another game.

22 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They probably don't do sequel games. They did The Force Awakens and Jurassic World games, but they didn't (and probably won't do) The Last Jedi and Fallen Kingdom games, so probably they will just do Episode IX and Jurassic World 3 games. That would be really cool.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They probably don't do sequel games. They did The Force Awakens and Jurassic World games, but they didn't (and probably won't do) The Last Jedi and Fallen Kingdom games, so probably they will just do Episode IX and Jurassic World 3 games. That would be really cool.

That's makes sense for a business standpoint, too. For Force Awakens and Jurassic World, they were both big-time franchises being rebooted. It only makes sense that they'd try to cash in on the new stuff as much as possible. But everyone knows that they're both trilogies, so when it comes to follow-up games, making a game for every movie leads the consumer, when the game for the second movie comes out, to ask; "Should I buy this one? When I know there's going ti be a better version coming out in a year or two? No, I think I'll save my money," 

Therefore, when they make the game for the movie, they're essentially making a game for both three second and third movie of each franchise. As well as a lot of the stuff from earlier. That way, they minimise redundant expenses and maximise consumer sales. 

On 3/11/2018 at 5:44 AM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I would think Benjamin Lockwood would get a minifigure before Dr. Malcolm.

Just now, Rune Haako said:

I would think Benjamin Lockwood would get a minifigure before Dr. Malcolm.

We don't know how much of him in the movie, and what he is supposed to do in the movie.