Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

20 minutes ago, 7982Brick said:

Mosasaurus set is confirmed fake. Many sources are saying the set is non existent. 

Yea I heard this too. I can now say the Mosasaurus was just a rumor and isn’t coming 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Yea I heard this too. I can now say the Mosasaurus was just a rumor and isn’t coming 

I wonder what set will have the supposed leaked Zia minifigure . Hopefully it’s one with the baryonyx.

Woke up to a message from my source saying it was fake and I am absoloutely gutted. It was all adding up.

Zia is definitely coming. There are also two mercenaries we haven't seen yet. The Dilo appears on some LEGO FK artwork, so I think maybe the Dilo will be in one exclusive. This seems to suggest we could have one FK set and one JP set again.

Bummer. Please excuse while I'll go cry in the corner :cry2: 

I don't get it, why do people continue to do that? Is it really that much fun to them? How much enjoyment do they get out of it? Like 3 seconds? :wall: 

Anyway, at least the Zia fig is real (hopefully)

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Bummer. Please excuse while I'll go cry in the corner :cry2: 

I don't get it, why do people continue to do that? Is it really that much fun to them? How much enjoyment do they get out of it? Like 3 seconds? :wall: 

Anyway, at least the Zia fig is real (hopefully)

Zia is coming. :)

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Please tell me the D2C Jurasic Park set is not fake as well... if that happens this week is done for me :cry_sad:

Edited by Puresh

1 hour ago, Puresh said:

Please tell me the D2C Jurasic Park set is not fake as well... if that happens this week is done for me :cry_sad:

I’m not entirely sure what is coming for Jurassic Park but something is

23 hours ago, Crownie said:

No - I just hated that part. (And I don't think it was the film crew's intention to imply that. They just wanted one big enough to eat a Great White. No serious, involved plot point - just another scene-stealing gimmick. :hmpf_bad:)

The movie is literally about what happens when you mess around with nature and create things that shouldn' exist. The entire Jurassic franchise is about man's hubris in meddling with nature under the delusion that they can control and profit from it...

Wait, absence of proof isn't proof of absence, right? From what I can gather, the rumor has decisively been shot down, no doubt about that, but that doesn't automatically rule out a Mosasaurus, just like the recent Star Wars nonsense rumors whose originator accidentally correctly guessed one of the sets. Unless, of course, someone has seen the real set and knows what is and isn't included :grin:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wait, absence of proof isn't proof of absence, right? From what I can gather, the rumor has decisively been shot down, no doubt about that, but that doesn't automatically rule out a Mosasaurus, just like the recent Star Wars nonsense rumors whose originator accidentally correctly guessed one of the sets. Unless, of course, someone has seen the real set and knows what is and isn't included :grin:

But it's still very unlikely as it would require all new molds. A Baryonyx (which will even have a bigger role in the film) seems more likely. The body could be either reused from the Indoraptor or Indominus Rex and it would only need a new head and neck piece (new legs without the sickle claw if they decide to go down the Indoraptor route)

Does anyone have any idea what the AUD prices will be for the sets? Because the massive price hike to $170 AUD for the Sanctum Sanctorum over in Marvel has me worried. 

22 hours ago, Puresh said:

But it's still very unlikely as it would require all new molds. A Baryonyx (which will even have a bigger role in the film) seems more likely. The body could be either reused from the Indoraptor or Indominus Rex and it would only need a new head and neck piece (new legs without the sickle claw if they decide to go down the Indoraptor route)

Indoraptor would be better, Baryonyx is medium sized thin dinosaur.

Not sure if you all saw the leaked artwork of Blue and the Dilophosaur a while back, but I would assume that the Dilophosaur will be in a Fallen Kingdom set as JP is being kept separate supposedly.

With this in mind, we know one exclusive WILL NOT include a new dinosaur mould. That said, it is still possible that the second retailer exclusive set, at a higher price, could include a newer mould. I will be interested to see.

5 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

Not sure if you all saw the leaked artwork of Blue and the Dilophosaur a while back, but I would assume that the Dilophosaur will be in a Fallen Kingdom set as JP is being kept separate supposedly.

With this in mind, we know one exclusive WILL NOT include a new dinosaur mould. That said, it is still possible that the second retailer exclusive set, at a higher price, could include a newer mould. I will be interested to see.

Meh. Another Dilophosaurus for Jurassic World? There are so many new dinosaurus in the movie, and they keep redesigning old ones.

5 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

You might have to explain some things to me. When you are talking about the "leaked artwork" are you talking about the magazine cover that was also used as the backdrop for the Toy Fair sets? Also I am interested in how you are so sure one set won't include any new molds. :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Puresh said:

You might have to explain some things to me. When you are talking about the "leaked artwork" are you talking about the magazine cover that was also used as the backdrop for the Toy Fair sets? Also I am interested in how you are so sure one set won't include any new molds. :thumbup:

He is talking about the magazine cover.

40 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I am fairly certain, purely because, bar the Indoraptor set, we usually stay at the One Dinosaur per set limit. I would assume that, having seen a Dilo on the artwork, we are getting that in one of the exclusive sets. That therefore suggests to me that one set will not include a new moulded dinosaur. By LEGO's standards they've set for these sets, it would make sense. I hope I'm wrong - I want ALL of the new dinos. :grin::grin:

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He is talking about the magazine cover.

Thanks for explaining what I was referencing, man!

Is there any proof that the Mosasaur set was confirmed as a fake? Or is it like those bloody SW AF's where "the source has been reliable in the past, so lets just blindly believe him" ?

5 hours ago, Frozen Assasin said:

Is there any proof that the Mosasaur set was confirmed as a fake? Or is it like those bloody SW AF's where "the source has been reliable in the past, so lets just blindly believe him" ?

The mosasaur is different than the Star Wars constraction figures cancelation stuff. We had seen the pictures of the constraction figures but nothing about the mosasaur had been official

21 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

I am fairly certain, purely because, bar the Indoraptor set, we usually stay at the One Dinosaur per set limit. I would assume that, having seen a Dilo on the artwork, we are getting that in one of the exclusive sets. That therefore suggests to me that one set will not include a new moulded dinosaur. By LEGO's standards they've set for these sets, it would make sense. I hope I'm wrong - I want ALL of the new dinos. :grin::grin:

Thanks for explaining what I was referencing, man!

But there are sets like 75917 Raptor Rampage, 75920 Raptor Escape, 75930 Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate and 5887 Dino Defense HQ. They have 2-3 dinosaurs.

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But there are sets like 75917 Raptor Rampage, 75920 Raptor Escape, 75930 Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate and 5887 Dino Defense HQ. They have 2-3 dinosaurs.

The two biggest sets make sense because of their price. But for the pricepoint rumoured, I would imagine one dino - maybe two of the SAME sculpt - which is how the two Raptor sets worked.