Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

So are the exclusives coming in mid April or over the summer? Since the toy fair press release mentioned the total number of sets including exclusives I’d assume they’re coming in April. 

I hope we get something like 60095 but with perhaps a larger submarine and ship, replacing the shipwreck and sea creatures with a Mosasaurus for the Mosasaurus exclusive.

I feel like that's the most likely version of that set.

Edited by BasiliskSoldier

19 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

So are the exclusives coming in mid April or over the summer? Since the toy fair press release mentioned the total number of sets including exclusives I’d assume they’re coming in April. 

Probably April.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Probably April.

Good, I’d hate to have to wait even longer. I’d honestly prefer for Lego to make a full size (video game size) mosasaurus and have the set be very overpriced (like 800/900 bricks) rather than have them scale it down, but I’m sure it’ll be scaled down. 

What I don't understand is that everyone wants a big mosasaurus... They were not so big in real life. I know the one from the movie is, but just like the raptors, there was 'some' exaggeration .

Some exaggeration? That thing was ridiculous! :laugh: (I could care less about the Mosasaurus as well, but I know a lot of people are really fixated on it.) I'm just jonesing for more information on the original film's anniversary set(s). I already know I need multiples. Need. :tongue:

The Mosasaurus will probably be around the same size or slightly larger than the base Tyrannosaurus. Probably same size for head and body but thicker and with a slightly longer tail. That seems pretty reasonable

2 hours ago, *thomas* said:

What I don't understand is that everyone wants a big mosasaurus... They were not so big in real life. I know the one from the movie is, but just like the raptors, there was 'some' exaggeration .

The biggest they grew to was 56 feet long, which is longer than a T. rex. The Lego version should be at least as big as the rex. 

The mosasaurus was sized up from 50 to 60 ft in the film, its just that one perspective shot that makes it look ginormous, so a figure thats about the size of a rex would be accurate to both the films and reality.

You know what's interesting to me. Kinda off topic but something I noticed. In the lego 2012 Dino line they introduced all the new dino molds with white nails. But when Jurassic World came out they switched all the nails of the dinosaurs to be black. Now the second wave of Jurassic World is similar to that design except for the stygimoloch. Which has white nails. Idk I thought it was weird.

Guys, Mosasaurs never grew up to 50 ft or more. The biggest was the Liopleurodon, which could be seen in 'walking with dino's' from BBC. The makers made a mistake when converting meters to feet ...

If someone has an article with more info about how big they grew, please post or pm it to me, since I'm always interested in dino-info :).

1 hour ago, *thomas* said:

Guys, Mosasaurs never grew up to 50 ft or more. The biggest was the Liopleurodon, which could be seen in 'walking with dino's' from BBC. The makers made a mistake when converting meters to feet ...

If someone has an article with more info about how big they grew, please post or pm it to me, since I'm always interested in dino-info :).

Every reference point that I’ve seen puts Mosasaurs between 50-60 feet, or 15-18 metres.

9 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Every reference point that I’ve seen puts Mosasaurs between 50-60 feet, or 15-18 metres.

I stand corrected, largers specimens should indeed be around 17 meters, or 51ft.

Let’s not get bogged down in realistic scale discussion. 

We all know Lego really doesn’t care about accurate/comparative scales in regards to their dinosaurs—so there is no telling how big (or small) the rumored Mosasaur will end up being. 

Spinosaurus only ate fish. T-Rex couldn't run long distance. Most dinosaurs had at least some feathers. Didn't Dr. Wu admit that all the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park / World are what people expect a dinosaur to look like, rather than bearing much resemblance to reality? So long as any mosasaur looks film accurate, I'll be happy. Hope the submarine is cool, too!

17 hours ago, Crownie said:

Some exaggeration? That thing was ridiculous! :laugh: (I could care less about the Mosasaurus as well, but I know a lot of people are really fixated on it.) I'm just jonesing for more information on the original film's anniversary set(s). I already know I need multiples. Need. :tongue:

So I guess everyone just missed the fact that they were generically engineering the dinosaurs in the park to be bigger and scarier to attract visitors...

27 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

So I guess everyone just missed the fact that they were generically engineering the dinosaurs in the park to be bigger and scarier to attract visitors...

No - I just hated that part. (And I don't think it was the film crew's intention to imply that. They just wanted one big enough to eat a Great White. No serious, involved plot point - just another scene-stealing gimmick. :hmpf_bad:)

this is kinda off topic, but does anyone who the minifigure with the glasses and the walkie-talkie is in the Juniors set with the T-Rex? 

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye12 said:

this is kinda off topic, but does anyone who the minifigure with the glasses and the walkie-talkie is in the Juniors set with the T-Rex? 

A generic scientist. It's a shame - could've been a chance to release Lowery. 

8 minutes ago, LegoFan117 said:

A generic scientist. It's a shame - could've been a chance to release Lowery. 

It looks exactly like Lowery so we can just pretend it’s him! 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

He has no beard though :tongue:

9 hours ago, *thomas* said:

Liopleurodon was not a Mosasaur, it was a Pliosaur, for one. It also maxed out at around 6 meters.

There are also estimates of Mosasaurs in excess of 50 feet, admittedly estimates that are considered unlikely, but Mosasaurs were still fairly large animals.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Meh. He has no beard and his hair should be spiky. I think it should be black too.

3 hours ago, Crownie said:

No - I just hated that part. (And I don't think it was the film crew's intention to imply that. They just wanted one big enough to eat a Great White. No serious, involved plot point - just another scene-stealing gimmick. :hmpf_bad:)

That shark didn't look full grown at all. And besides, it was an attraction at the park, not a plot point other than establishing that they have a Mosasaurus.

Anyway, i think people remember the Mosasaurus being this huge mqdefault.jpg

When it was actually just large enough to have to clamp down on the neck of the Indominus

main-qimg-0123b21d10884e44debf70f2c90110