Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

110$ is a lot. I hope it comes with more than two minifigures, a submarine and of course mosasaurus :tongue:

Depends on how big the submarine is. 

It is likely to be a model of this Sub, as this is the sub Mattel are making: http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/18/toy-fair-2018-gallery-mattel-jurassic-world-toys-289623

Just now, 7982Brick said:

Haha - just beat me to it!

There are rumours of a Mosasaur Helicopter sequence, so it may be possible we see a sub/Mosasaur build below the water, with a larger helicopter build above.

1 minute ago, LegoFan117 said:

It is likely to be a model of this Sub, as this is the sub Mattel are making: http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/18/toy-fair-2018-gallery-mattel-jurassic-world-toys-289623

Haha - just beat me to it!

There are rumours of a Mosasaur Helicopter sequence, so it may be possible we see a sub/Mosasaur build below the water, with a larger helicopter build above.

Maybe 

52 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I got the price wrong it’s 120 euros which is like $150. Which is expensive but you know the mosasaurus is going to be big!

As someone who lives in Germany I can say the prices are not that much lower here. Most of the time they are even higher... Every single JWFK set is 5€-10€ more expensive than the US counterpart except the Lockwood Manor which is 10€ less. I would say it could be 120$ or 130$. I wouldn't say it will cost more

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I got the price wrong it’s 120 euros which is like $150. Which is expensive but you know the mosasaurus is going to be big!

Dollar and euro prices are usually the same or very similar. I think it’ll be $120-130 in the USA, but not $150.

I reckon around 120.

I am genuinely very curious to see what else they fill this set with - and if it has any meaning to the film. We all know how Jurassic World ended...

2 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

I reckon around 120.

I am genuinely very curious to see what else they fill this set with - and if it has any meaning to the film. We all know how Jurassic World ended...

It sounds like it’ll be pretty accurate- they did say a long time ago that this movie would feature a chase between a mosasaurus and a submarine. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It sounds like it’ll be pretty accurate- they did say a long time ago that this movie would feature a chase between a mosasaurus and a submarine. 

I know this portion, but I don't believe the set will be just the Mosasaur and a Submarine as the sub is a two-seater.

As such, I am more interested if what else they include is accurate. :classic:

3 minutes ago, LegoFan117 said:

I know this portion, but I don't believe the set will be just the Mosasaur and a Submarine as the sub is a two-seater.

As such, I am more interested if what else they include is accurate. :classic:

Oh, okay. Someone mentioned a helicopter- I wouldn’t mind another one as long as it was well designed and a decent size (like as big as the one in Jungle Air Drop Helicopter). 

18 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Oh, okay. Someone mentioned a helicopter- I wouldn’t mind another one as long as it was well designed and a decent size (like as big as the one in Jungle Air Drop Helicopter). 

That was me. Concept Art shows the Mosasaur attacking a Helicopter. :) It's a Bell Huey, and an official LEGO Bell Huey could be awesome!

Do we reeeeeally need another helicopter in this theme? We've already had two in the JW line as well as two in the current line-up :grin: Then again, I can't say I'm much of a helicopter aficionado... :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, LegoFan117 said:

That was me. Concept Art shows the Mosasaur attacking a Helicopter. :) It's a Bell Huey, and an official LEGO Bell Huey could be awesome!

I just looked one up. They seem like they would be a good fit for a Lego set. I wouldn’t mind two vehicles in a large set especially since we also got a location based large set. I’m just very excited for the Mosasaurus, and I’ll be getting this on day one no matter what. 

27 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I just looked one up. They seem like they would be a good fit for a Lego set. I wouldn’t mind two vehicles in a large set especially since we also got a location based large set. I’m just very excited for the Mosasaurus, and I’ll be getting this on day one no matter what. 

Likewise mate!

Any ideas of what the 25th Anniversary JP set includes? I know its the Visitors Center but are we getting a jeep as well? And are the dinosaurs a Velociraptor  and Dilophosaurus?

On 2/28/2018 at 8:27 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

April 16th, I believe. I have no clue if the exclusives are coming then as well. 

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Any ideas of what the 25th Anniversary JP set includes? I know its the Visitors Center but are we getting a jeep as well? And are the dinosaurs a Velociraptor  and Dilophosaurus?

The Velociraptor is 100% going to be in it. Not too sure on the Dilophosaurus though as it has been featured on a magazine cover with other JWFK sets and dinos but I think it's still very likely. By the way where did you get the idea that the D2C is the Visitors Center from? Falcon has said that once on accident I believe. Pretty sure he was talking about kichen and CONTROL center not Visitors Center. Might be wrong though feel free to correct me. It would be just a bit weird if the kitchen and Visitors Center are two different parts of the set :tongue:

2 minutes ago, Puresh said:

The Velociraptor is 100% going to be in it. Not too sure on the Dilophosaurus though as it has been featured on a magazine cover with other JWFK sets and dinos but I think it's still very likely. By the way where did you get the idea that the D2C is the Visitors Center from? Falcon has said that once on accident I believe. Pretty sure he was talking about kichen and CONTROL center not Visitors Center. Might be wrong though feel free to correct me. It would be just a bit weird if the kitchen and Visitors Center are two different parts of the set :tongue:

Yes, the control room and kitchen is what I meant by Visitor's Center lol, thanks for the info! Wonder where the dilophosaurus will show up then, hoepfully we'll get Malcom somehow.

So, if there's a Mosasaurus set and the submarine isn't big enough for a full 100+ set, wouldn't it make sense to include the Dino transport boat that the Team goes to the island on?

That could make for a decent set.

22 minutes ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

So, if there's a Mosasaurus set and the submarine isn't big enough for a full 100+ set, wouldn't it make sense to include the Dino transport boat that the Team goes to the island on?

Oooh, that’s a nice idea. I know many people dislike the large single boat hull piece but I would love it if they made the ship with that. The cost would then be very high for very few pieces, though, between all the new molds required for the mosasaurus and the big boat mold. 

23 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No way. Lockwood Manor is 120€ and 130$. Probably around 120$.

Also really? Third helicopter in this wave would be soo lazy and boring idea.

Maybe they will include a small launch platform for the submarine, or even some visitor stands as can be seen in the movie...

1 hour ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

This idea, I like. Perhaps space for a medium-sized dinosaur cage on the back, and a sprinkling of strong figures. It could be a very fun set.

14 minutes ago, *thomas* said:

Maybe they will include a small launch platform for the submarine, or even some visitor stands as can be seen in the movie...

This, alternatively, would be awesome. I'd love an overgrown Mosasaur Arena - similar to the overgrown Gyrosphere platform we see.