Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Just now, Puresh said:

It would be more than just perfect but it's more of a dream set you two are discussing here as there is no indication of it being a D2C

Has a normal retail or even retailer exclusive set been kept hidden until it releases as a D2C would?  Sure it's all speculation but there has been multiple reliable sources that have heard the same rumor about a D2C JP set

Just now, Johnjacob said:

Has a normal retail or even retailer exclusive set been kept hidden until it releases as a D2C would?  Sure it's all speculation but there has been multiple reliable sources that have heard the same rumor about a D2C JP set

The only thing I have heard about it being a D2C was just2good talking about it. But then again I quoted that a while ago and he wasn't saying it was one he was just saying that rumor says there will be a JP D2C set. All other sources and little informations I have heard hinted towards it being 75931, a 60$-70$ set with 289 pieces

If it is a d2c there won’t be an new Dino molds. I don’t think Lego introduces new molds in d2cs. So only chance of new Dino molds are of the appear in the store exclusives 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

If it is a d2c there won’t be an new Dino molds. I don’t think Lego introduces new molds in d2cs. So only chance of new Dino molds are of the appear in the store exclusives 

Okay, i’ll start:

Joker Manor

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I'll add the Silent Mary with the Zombie Shark and Salazars hairpiece :P

3 hours ago, Puresh said:

I would really recommend you two not to hype yourself up too much as you might get disappointed later on. As far as we all know it's a normal retailer set and won't even have Ian Malcom in it... A Brachiousaurus will never happen as it would require too many new and large molds Lego can't do. The Triceratops I could maybe see in another set (not the JP one) but I think there is a reason we haven't seen in yet. Either the rumor of the mold being broken is true or Lego only wants to include one Herbivore each line is because kids only want the Carnivores. Trust me the first Jurassic Park is and always will be my all time favorite movie but there is no indication of the set being a D2C whatsoever. Not a single rumor!

2 hours ago, Puresh said:

It would be more than just perfect but it's more of a dream set you two are discussing here as there is no indication of it being a D2C

Just2Good mentioned a rumored Jurassic Park D2C. He’s a well informed person so if he heard a rumor about a JP D2C I am inclined to believe that it is true. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

New and exclusive molds in D2C sets: 

Kwik-E-Mart- Snake’s head

Disney Castle- Tinkerbell hair

Silent Mary- Salazar’s hair, ghost shark body

Joker Manor- Nightwing armor, Nightwing helmet

3 hours ago, Puresh said:

The only thing I have heard about it being a D2C was just2good talking about it. But then again I quoted that a while ago and he wasn't saying it was one he was just saying that rumor says there will be a JP D2C set. All other sources and little informations I have heard hinted towards it being 75931, a 60$-70$ set with 289 pieces

So you're unsure about everything and so am I. Got it. Lol

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

But maybe an old dinosaur mold, like the triceratops...

So, we know about two Jurassic Park sets:

Kitchen and Control Room set with Raptor

Dilophosaurus most famous scene set

I hope there will be much more sets.

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If you were talking about what Falconfan1414 said, then you might be wrong. He said "From my knowledge the $500 Set is coming in December and isn’t Jurassic Park. It’s hogwarts. The Jurassic Park stuff is separate from the Jurassic world fallen kingdom stuff there will be at least one set not sure if it is d2c or not and it is rumored to include the kitchen and visitors center and a certain scene that the dilophosaurus is famous for" so what he implied it is one set. But then again you must consider he also talked about them being rumors so nothing is clear just yet. I just believe we would have at least seen Nedry leak.

I haven't been following this thread that closely lately, so here's a question: how many additional sets are currently rumored? From what I can gather, it's apparently one JP set depicting multiple scenes and two JW:FK retailer-exclusive sets, is that correct? Great, if so, since JP sets are long overdue and additional JW:FK sets would make sense since there a still quite a few central characters missing, like Benjamin Lockwood who's strangely absent from the set depicting his own mansion :wacko:

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There is one of two ways that these sets could go. They could either be the two exclusives from the Jurassic world fallen kingdom we have heard about. Based on leaks, one set would be the kitchen and visitors center, the other would be the dilophosaurus scene. But it could also be a d2c Set. I have heard a rumor that Jurassic world and Jurassic Park are separate themes so I’m leaning toward the Jurassic Park Set being a d2c being around 200$. Also Lego knows who there main target audience is the same way they knew who there audience was for the batman ‘66 Set. Sure some kids will buy it but they are appealing to an older population. But either way I don’t think we are getting more than two sets for Jurassic Park this summer

Edited by Falconfan1414

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is one of two ways that these sets could go. They could either be the two exclusives from the Jurassic world fallen kingdom we have heard about. Based on leaks, one set would be the kitchen and visitors center, the other would be the dilophosaurus scene. But it could also be a d2c Set. I have heard a rumor that Jurassic world and Jurassic Park are separate themes so I’m leaning toward the Jurassic Park Set being a d2c being around 200$. Also Lego knows who there main target audience is the same way they knew who there audience was for the batman ‘66 Set. Sure some kids will buy it but they are appealing to an older population. But either way I don’t think we are getting more than two sets for Jurassic Park this summer

Very good point about the '66 Batman set. Never thought of that.  This is a movie from 1993 we're talking about

19 minutes ago, Johnjacob said:

Very good point about the '66 Batman set. Never thought of that.  This is a movie from 1993 we're talking about

But just think of all the Lego Dimensions fun packs from movies that are much older than Jurassic Park... I mean yeah some fans bought them but Dimensions was still a "Toys come to Life" game that was mostly aimed at kids

1 hour ago, Puresh said:

I mean yeah some fans bought them but Dimensions was still a "Toys come to Life" game that was mostly aimed at kids

Dimensions was a massive failure... so maybe not the best point to make. :laugh: Those fans are the only reason why some of them sold. I doubt most children know who Beetlejuice is, but their parents do and bought them the set for themselves.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I haven't been following this thread that closely lately, so here's a question: how many additional sets are currently rumored? From what I can gather, it's apparently one JP set depicting multiple scenes and two JW:FK retailer-exclusive sets, is that correct? Great, if so, since JP sets are long overdue and additional JW:FK sets would make sense since there a still quite a few central characters missing, like Benjamin Lockwood who's strangely absent from the set depicting his own mansion :wacko:

According to press release, we will get eight Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom sets, but not counting Juniors sets. So maybe three retailer exclusives for JW: FK?

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

According to press release, we will get eight Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom sets, but not counting Juniors sets. So maybe three retailer exclusives for JW: FK?

That would make sense, although it’s quite a large number of retailer exclusives. I think the only other theme and wave I’ve seen with this many exclusives at once is the Ninjago Possession wave, which had three exclusives (Chain Cycle Ambush for Walmart, Jay Walker One for Target, and City of Stiix for Toys R Us). I hope at least one of the exclusives includes a new dinosaur although my hopes aren’t high. This also means that we could be seeing a D2C Jurassic Park set! 

41 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That would make sense, although it’s quite a large number of retailer exclusives. I think the only other theme and wave I’ve seen with this many exclusives at once is the Ninjago Possession wave, which had three exclusives (Chain Cycle Ambush for Walmart, Jay Walker One for Target, and City of Stiix for Toys R Us). I hope at least one of the exclusives includes a new dinosaur although my hopes aren’t high. This also means that we could be seeing a D2C Jurassic Park set! 

We are only getting two store exclusives (Walmart and ToysRUs) according to the press release at Nuremberg Toy Fair. We could get two exclusives in one store but it is unlikely.  One set will not be exclusive and be available all retailers.

4 hours ago, 7982Brick said:

We are only getting two store exclusives (Walmart and ToysRUs) according to the press release at Nuremberg Toy Fair. We could get two exclusives in one store but it is unlikely.  One set will not be exclusive and be available all retailers.

Oh, okay. So 6 retail sets then, one of which hasn’t been revealed or leaked, and two exclusives? Sounds pretty solid. I’m really glad they went all out with this wave. 

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Oh, okay. So 6 retail sets then, one of which hasn’t been revealed or leaked, and two exclusives? Sounds pretty solid. I’m really glad they went all out with this wave. 

The Jurassic world original sets sold very well from my understanding. Lego saw the potential to really milk this and produce a lot of Sets based off the movie (maybe even more than we have guessed :wink:) They sold well enough along with the 10,000 signatures for the Jurassic Park ideas set that convinced Lego to make something to do with Jurassic Park 

1 hour ago, Johnjacob said:

I'm just sitting here waiting for falconfan to drop a bomb about a release date and pics :grin:

I don’t have much of a bomb. I have heard potentially a late 1HY or early 2HY ( basically April-June) as a possible release date for whatever is coming

Edited by Falconfan1414

17 hours ago, 7982Brick said:

Wow! So many sets! It's weird that we haven't got any info or leaks about last retail set... I understand exclusives but normal set? Weird. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There can’t be another retail set, can there? If there was, the dinosaur(s) from the set would be pictured on the back with the rest, wouldn’t they? 

Not if it's part of a 'second wave', released later than the others. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There can’t be another retail set, can there? If there was, the dinosaur(s) from the set would be pictured on the back with the rest, wouldn’t they? 

That’s what I’m thinking but we do have three sets and two stores that will get exclusives. Either the retail one is for target or part of a second wave.