Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why would a 76106 (clearly a Super Heroes set) be a Jurassic Park set, which set numbers are 759xx, that would make no sense. But maybe we are getting Jurassic Park D2C set, who knows?

I never said anything about set numbers because I don’t pay attention to them and I don’t know what set number the D2C is associated with. I didn’t say “76106 could be a Jurassic Park D2C”, I said “the D2C thought to be for Infinity War could be for Jurassic Park”. It was just a thought I had.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The “licensed IP” set is $500 and it’s heavily rumored/speculated to be the D2C Hogwarts. I can’t see JP getting a $500 set but I can definitely see the theme getting a $150-200 anniversary set. 

Oh gosh, I really hope not. If anything deserves that kind of massive set it's Jurassic Park, not Harry flipping Potter.

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Oh gosh, I really hope not. If anything deserves that kind of massive set it's Jurassic Park, not Harry flipping Potter.

Actually I don't think there will be a $500 jurassic park set. Wouldn't make sence no one would buy it. I think lego knows their target margin would be around $200 so most kids can still play with it. Harry potter makes since to have a $500 set due to how enormus hogwarts is. Also it would be like a big barbie dream house idea which jurassic park couldn't pull off. 

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The “licensed IP” set is $500 and it’s heavily rumored/speculated to be the D2C Hogwarts. I can’t see JP getting a $500 set but I can definitely see the theme getting a $150-200 anniversary set. 

Oh, the listing I saw wasn't that high, probably around the $100-180 range, I didn't even know the hogwarts set would be that big.

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

As much as I'd wish for a huge Jurassic Park set, that price would kill me.

5 hours ago, ood0 said:

...the Harry Potter franchise is a much much larger one than the Jurassic Park franchise and had a successful Lego theme running for almost a decade...

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

...the Harry Potter franchise is a much much larger one than the Jurassic Park franchise and had a successful Lego theme running for almost a decade...

All the more reason for JP to get as many sets as possible. After this wave, we probably won't see anything Dino-related until 2021, with Jurassic World 3. Harry Potter can get a D2C any time, but this is a unique opportunity. 

What would they even make for $500?? There’s no single structure big enough to warrant a $500 set unless you want the Lego Group to make an entire theme park for that kind of money. I’d be quite happy with a $200 set focusing on the Visitor Center/kitchen. 

From my knowledge the $500 Set is coming in December and isn’t Jurassic Park. It’s hogwarts. The Jurassic Park stuff is separate from the Jurassic world fallen kingdom stuff :wink: there will be at least one set not sure if it is d2c or not and it is rumored to include the kitchen and visitors center and a certain scene that the dilophosaurus is famous for

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

From my knowledge the $500 Set is coming in December and isn’t Jurassic Park. It’s hogwarts. The Jurassic Park stuff is separate from the Jurassic world fallen kingdom stuff :wink: there will be at least one set not sure if it is d2c or not and it is rumored to include the kitchen and visitors center and a certain scene that the dilophosaurus is famous for

Will the Jurassic Park set be one of these 75931, 75932 or 75933?

8 hours ago, ood0 said:

Harry Potter has been the most requested theme in LEGO stores since it has been off the shelves...

Just now, x105Black said:

Harry Potter has been the most requested theme in LEGO stores since it has been off the shelves...

I get him, I'm not a Harry Potter fan either, although the sets did look pretty awesome, so many location-based ones with cool elements and pieces.

44 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Jurassic Park stuff is separate from the Jurassic world fallen kingdom stuff :wink: there will be at least one set not sure if it is d2c or not and it is rumored to include the kitchen and visitors center and a certain scene that the dilophosaurus is famous for

Also the only scene its known for, this must be our way of getting a wrangler and Nedry. I wonder what we're getting out of the two Fallen Kingdom sets now.

It’s about time - I was shocked we didn’t get any Jurassic Park merchandise back when the video game (where it was heavily featured) and the original Jurassic World line came out - I’m glad it’s having a resurgence this year. Better late then never!

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Man I can't wait... that's a decent sized set then.  If they're mixing scenes like that into one I'd expect it to be a d2c set in the likes of the d2c Hoth, only this one would be 100x more worthwhile

1 hour ago, Johnjacob said:

Man I can't wait... that's a decent sized set then.  If they're mixing scenes like that into one I'd expect it to be a d2c set in the likes of the d2c Hoth, only this one would be 100x more worthwhile

Exactly- make it like the Hoth set but focus on only 3-4 main builds instead of 10. I really hope a set this size has a brachiosaurus mold but I know I’m dreaming. I do hope we get more than just raptors and a dilophosaurus though. 

11 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Nah the JW franchise is bigger than you might think. You can google all of this it's on Wikipedia if you don't believe me but Jurassic World is the 4th highest grossing movie of all time just behind Star Wars Episode 7, Titanic and Avatar. It made a whopping $1,671,713,208!

Let's look at Harry Potter on the other hand... the first time we get to see any HP movie on that list is on 8th place with HP 7 part 2... that "only" made $1,341,511,219 which is a good 330 million dollars less... There has to be quite a big fanbase to beat the last movie out of a movie series that had been going for 10 years at the time. So no HP isn't bigger than Jurassic World and even if it is it is very close 

26 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Nah the JW franchise is bigger than you might think. You can google all of this it's on Wikipedia if you don't believe me but Jurassic World is the 4th highest grossing movie of all time just behind Star Wars Episode 7, Titanic and Avatar. It made a whopping $1,671,713,208!

Let's look at Harry Potter on the other hand... the first time we get to see any HP movie on that list is on 8th place with HP 7 part 2... that "only" made $1,341,511,219 which is a good 330 million dollars less... There has to be quite a big fanbase to beat the last movie out of a movie series that had been going for 10 years at the time. So no HP isn't bigger than Jurassic World and even if it is it is very close 

Harry Potter is the 3rd largest franchise worldwide. Jurassic Park is 14th. HP has had sets for far longer than JP as well. I did not say that Jurassic World made less than the HP movies, I said that the HP franchise as a whole is much bigger and therefore it makes sense why it is getting a bigger D2C set. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

27 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Not that this has anything to do with the sets, but you can't look at one single movie...you have to look at all of the merchandise; books, theme park, etc. ...

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Exactly- make it like the Hoth set but focus on only 3-4 main builds instead of 10. I really hope a set this size has a brachiosaurus mold but I know I’m dreaming. I do hope we get more than just raptors and a dilophosaurus though. 

It's gotta be a D2C if there hasn't been any leaks outside of the figs..

A dream for me would be the opening brachiosaurus scene with Malcolm and Hammond.  Dilophosaurus scene with Nedry and jeep. T-rex scene with Grant, jeep and a goat.  Kids, 2 raptors in the kitchen.  Then the triceratops scene with feces mound.  (Complete with exclusive brown arm print for Sattler!)

Edited by Johnjacob

8 minutes ago, Johnjacob said:

A dream for me would be the opening brachiosaurus scene with Malcolm and Hammond.  Dilophosaurus scene with Nedry and jeep. T-rex scene with Grant, jeep and a goat.  Kids, 2 raptors in the kitchen.  Then the triceratops scene with feces mound.  (Complete with exclusive brown arm print for Sattler!)

I’m just thrilled we’re getting a JP set at all, and especially one that covers all the bases. I hope we get some kind of new or rarer dinosaur like the Triceratops. I’d be perfectly happy with a set that costs $200 but only has 1300 pieces if it came with a sauropod mold. 

1 hour ago, Johnjacob said:

I’m just thrilled we’re getting a JP set at all, and especially one that covers all the bases. I hope we get some kind of new or rarer dinosaur like the Triceratops. I’d be perfectly happy with a set that costs $200 but only has 1300 pieces if it came with a sauropod mold. 

I would really recommend you two not to hype yourself up too much as you might get disappointed later on. As far as we all know it's a normal retailer set and won't even have Ian Malcom in it... A Brachiousaurus will never happen as it would require too many new and large molds Lego can't do. The Triceratops I could maybe see in another set (not the JP one) but I think there is a reason we haven't seen in yet. Either the rumor of the mold being broken is true or Lego only wants to include one Herbivore each line is because kids only want the Carnivores. Trust me the first Jurassic Park is and always will be my all time favorite movie but there is no indication of the set being a D2C whatsoever. Not a single rumor!

same.  $200-300 would be perfect

Just now, Johnjacob said:

same.  $200-300 would be perfect

It would be more than just perfect but it's more of a dream set you two are discussing here as there is no indication of it being a D2C