Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

It is important to note that Ian Malcom is an incredibly small role in this film as far as we know - so it makes sense he is not included here.

Your best bet is to show support to the upcoming Jurassic Park set, so then LEGO may consider producing more.

17 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Still should be included given he is an iconic character.

Maybe in Jurassic Park sets, but probably not in Jurassic Workd sets.

Interesting comment from the designer of the new Great Hall set when asked why he used so many stickers: 

Every printed part is the same as a colour change as far as production complexity goes and Harry Potter went over it's allotted number of changes and actually had to take some from Jurassic World!”

I wonder what this meant for the JWFK line.

41 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Interesting comment from the designer of the new Great Hall set when asked why he used so many stickers: 

Every printed part is the same as a colour change as far as production complexity goes and Harry Potter went over it's allotted number of changes and actually had to take some from Jurassic World!”

I wonder what this meant for the JWFK line.

hmmm

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

Hmmm what?

He’s thinking it over. He just wanted to tell everyone. 

Could some of this be why some of the dinosaurs, like the pterodactyl and the T-Rex were re-used prints from 2015?

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

Could some of this be why some of the dinosaurs, like the pterodactyl and the T-Rex were re-used prints from 2015?

Maybe. I feel like the T. rex was always going to be a reuse since it’s the exact same one from the last movie, but it could explain things like Blue’s new coloring and why all the babies are the same color. 

13 hours ago, legozebra said:

Maybe. But why would they change a perfect dinosaur? If thereis no need, they don't do things like that.

12 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Maybe. I feel like the T. rex was always going to be a reuse since it’s the exact same one from the last movie, but it could explain things like Blue’s new coloring and why all the babies are the same color. 

Actually, I've seen photos of multiple baby dinos of two colors: brown (like baby T-Rex from Juniors and baby-Carnotaurus) and dark green like baby Blue. There might be a polybag with a small nest, baby Blue, and Owen.

19 hours ago, KevinMD said:

He’s thinking it over. He just wanted to tell everyone. 

Oh, well I should thank him for sharing that he was thinking, whereas I usually thank people for their thoughts.

1 hour ago, General Whatever said:

Actually, I've seen photos of multiple baby dinos of two colors: brown (like baby T-Rex from Juniors and baby-Carnotaurus) and dark green like baby Blue. There might be a polybag with a small nest, baby Blue, and Owen.

I know about the baby Blue, I was just referring to the baby dinosaurs in the regular sets. 

7 minutes ago, General Whatever said:

Sorry, so what does the new possible UCS raptor look like?

What UCS raptor??

17 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I know about the baby Blue, I was just referring to the baby dinosaurs in the regular sets. 

What UCS raptor??

I think he just refers this way to the black Indoraptor. Cause its bigger than the other ones.

Edited by Anak

18 hours ago, General Whatever said:

Sorry, so what does the new possible UCS raptor look like?

Actually I think he is talking about the jurassic park raptor. And calling it ucs because there is a chance it could be a d2c set. 

Hey all - I attended NYTF, and the Universal Preview event from Friday

Universal confirmed that we have yet to see everything Jurassic from LEGO, and that we should keep our eyes on the horizon both near and far.

I won't lie - I wasn't super impressed by the sets. There is nothing wrong with them, they're just not that unique nor do they feel as varied from the 2015 sets as I'd like.

Anyhow, we uploaded another gallery to Facebook here, featuring some detail shots of Lockwood Estate I have yet to see: 

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Looks like the reports of a $160/170 D2C for Infinity War were false. Could this be the Jurassic Park set instead? 

Wasn't there a list of D2Cs that had prices and themes accounted for? I thought there was only one that was simply listed as "licensed IP" and was what we were guessing to be the 25th anniversary set. Pretty interesting if there's another slot left open though.

3 hours ago, ChrisLikesDinos said:

Anyhow, we uploaded another gallery to Facebook here, featuring some detail shots of Lockwood Estate I have yet to see:

Definitely new shots of the museum sticker displays, dimetrodon on one side and coelyphysis with T. Rex and gallimimus in the background on the other. We can also finally see the box art clearly for the name of Toby Jones' character, Gunnar Eversol, along with Maisie's last name being Lockwood.

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Looks like the reports of a $160/170 D2C for Infinity War were false. Could this be the Jurassic Park set instead? 

That would be epic, a small anniversary set would feel out of place anyway for a theme like JP...

Perhaps its finally the moment we get compensation for all the not approved projects of Senteosan?

https://ideas.lego.com/profile/senteosan/projects#search/s:most_supported&scroll=590

For me that was the reason to quit Lego Ideas, since such anticipated and professional projects get dissaproved, without a real reason why... :/

10 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Wasn't there a list of D2Cs that had prices and themes accounted for? I thought there was only one that was simply listed as "licensed IP" and was what we were guessing to be the 25th anniversary set. Pretty interesting if there's another slot left open though.

Definitely new shots of the museum sticker displays, dimetrodon on one side and coelyphysis with T. Rex and gallimimus in the background on the other. We can also finally see the box art clearly for the name of Toby Jones' character, Gunnar Eversol, along with Maisie's last name being Lockwood.

The “licensed IP” set is $500 and it’s heavily rumored/speculated to be the D2C Hogwarts. I can’t see JP getting a $500 set but I can definitely see the theme getting a $150-200 anniversary set. 

16 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Why would a 76106 (clearly a Super Heroes set) be a Jurassic Park set, which set numbers are 759xx, that would make no sense. But maybe we are getting Jurassic Park D2C set, who knows?