Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

43 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Just2Good put out a video discussing his thoughts on the new sets and he mentioned a rumored Jurassic Park D2C!!

I feel like that's been a given at this point, with all the figure leaks coming out of nowhere with no leaked information beforehand. Then again by that logic that could mean those last three sets have a possibility of making up a Jurassic Park wave.

This whole Fallen Kingdom line was an improvement over the last one in terms of builds, I'm so glad we're getting a lot of realistic locations from the film this time, and the vehicles do look better as well. I really want to see good pictures of the manor interior and I guess this does leave that baby Blue figure for a polybag.

53 minutes ago, 7982Brick said:

Is he a legitimate source? 

Just2Good is one of the most trusted leakers around. I’ve never heard him say something is coming without it releasing at some point. If he says a rumor is true, then it’s definitely true. 

Probably be getting all of those except for the Duplo sets (obviously) and Pteranadon Escape since I already have that version of the Dino. I'll get the Chase version since it's green.

Also pretty excited about the Juniors set with the green raptor. Really like the Raptor's colors.

Okay everyone let's not forget that just2good confirmed nothing really. He said "Anyways again there's more Jurassic World sets to be revealed but they'll be store exclusives and rumor has it we'll be seeing a D2C Jurassic Park set soon enough." so it is just a rumor he has heard. Nothing has been confirmed just yet

Possible Spoiler ahead..

I just saw a video from the Toy Fair that went up.. where a guy does a walk through the Fallen Kingdom toys. We see the lego sets at the end of the video.. I agree that the entire inside of the Manor looks unfinished and sparse compared to the upcoming Harry Potter Great Hall.

What is interesting is that there was rumour that we might get the Mosasaurs in a set and I can see how that would be possible. Nothing though is shown about this being a possibility. No sets are shown other than the ones we know about.

When he walked through the mattel sets he showed us a small yellow underwater craft.. that would be powered by a single driver or two people at most. It has two arms on the front of it.. one that looked to have a saw blade. It looks like a small underwater craft that would be used to explore an underwater wreckage. On the art work behind it is a picture of the Mosasaur looking to be getting ready to attack it. The underwater craft looks similar to something we have seen in the lego underwater sets such as Aquanauts, Atlantis sets. When I heard rumours of a possible Submarine attack.. I was expecting a bigger craft. This is a small craft.There is speculation that from a JP site for the upcoming Evolution game that the Mosasaur has somehow escaped its enclosure and is patrolling the waters near the island as part of its territory. Apparently the giant aquarium had water that flowed in and out from the ocean from a tunnel which is a possible way it got out either with help or circumstance.  In the trailer we see dinos and the characters fall into the sea from the cliff.. imagine if the Mosasaur is patrolling those waters.. it would be snack time for it.. yum yum! Hoping we get a set with the Mosasaur in it!

A bit late to the party and this has probably been discussed over a dozen times already but I just wanna give my 2 cents on the new sets anyway.

Those are just not very good, let's be honest. I was under the impression the production for the sets of the first movie was rushed because they got the license rather late (I think they got it from Kre-O/Hasbro if memory serves me well) and I thought they'd take more time and just do a better job with this new wave. Well, seems like I was wrong.

75926: Very simple and rather ugly vehicle with a lot of wasted space for the driver. I thought it was another Juniors set when I first saw the pic. You can find much better vehicle designs in the City line.

75927: Very reminiscent of set #75920. I kinda like the new colour scheme, the grey/dark blue looks less toyish than the original white/bright blue. Nice to get a new dino too. I'd say it's one of the most decent sets despite how simple it seems to be.

75928: A rather plain-looking helicopter which very much looks like it comes straight from a City Police set. Also the build around the rotor seems a bit messy for my taste. It also seems that neither the minifigs nor the dino are exclusive to this set, which pretty much makes it an easy pass for most people I fear.

75929: Seems like a very lazy reuse of the build from set #75917 with very minor changes and different colours. The only appeal for those who already own that set seems to be the dino and maybe the minifigs.

75930: This one seems to be where all the efforts went (although we still need to see what's inside it). I can also easily see people picking it up to make their own Wayne manor or X-men mansion. The minifig selection does seem a bit plain (the exclusive ones are basically a little girl and 2 guys in a suit) but I suppose we need to see the movie first to decide if those characters are interesting or not. The new hybrid is scary-looking and does add to the value of this set. Also, maybe that's already the case but I guess LEGO is gonna get in trouble again for showing too much in their sets before the movie gets released...

All in all, it's a pretty weak wave and I feel like they're mostly using the dinos to sell very average sets. I'm tempted to get the dinos I want from BL and possibly use modified vehicles from the City theme...

Edit: Just saw the inside of the mansion on the previous page, can't say I'm really impressed. :/

Edited by Elrond

1 hour ago, Rune Haako said:

Some great pics of the sets here,(Including the mansion interior, it's still pretty bad. Why are two of the rooms empty?)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/jurassicoutpost/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1616944825060181

It does leave more to be desired but I am now intrigued by those brown display panels with glass transparent pieces, they look well made and I wonder what printed displays are going to be behind them. I still find it odd that we don't have Ben Lockwood himself in his own home.

On another note, I noticed Ken Wheatley not only holds a raptor claw but his studshooter is silver like the one that leaker keeps leaving on Alan Grant, so that should put those rumors of it being a poor excuse for a spas 12 to rest.

5 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

On another note, I noticed Ken Wheatley not only holds a raptor claw but his studshooter is silver like the one that leaker keeps leaving on Alan Grant, so that should put those rumors of it being a poor excuse for a spas 12 to rest.

Well not really... I also thought of that but his stud shooter is light grey with a dark grey push button. The one Alan Grant always has is silver with a brown push button

59 minutes ago, Rune Haako said:

The interior looks pretty cramped up, which was to be expected based on how narrow the building looked from the front. Both sides of the building don't seem to serve any purpose aside from making the whole thing look bigger from the outside and add to the piece count. While it certainly doesn't look bad I don't think it's something I wanna buy. I think I'll just get the Indoraptor on BL, that thing looks mean.

Oh and those of us who wanted an angry Conan O'Brien minifig will be delighted...

2018-02-17-04.49.19.jpg?ssl=1

Edited by Elrond

8 hours ago, Puresh said:

Well not really... I also thought of that but his stud shooter is light grey with a dark grey push button. The one Alan Grant always has is silver with a brown push button

The shooter is definitely silver, compare it to the light grey pieces on the helicopter. You're right that the button colors are different, but keep in mind that Alan and Tim were found with their weird accessories in a mixed up lot of Marvel and Jurassic figures that were not well put together, including Wheatley.

Do we know there will be 3 more retailer exclusives? I would imagine if there are, toys r us will get one.. and the lego company. I am still holding out for a Mosasaur set and at least something with another herbivore. Lego should just go all out and make a Brachiosaurus.. I am pretty sure they have been featured in all the movies at some point. Sigh.

9 hours ago, Mattybrick said:

Lego should just go all out and make a Brachiosaurus.. I am pretty sure they have been featured in all the movies at some point. Sigh.

Even thought I would love that and buy it in a heartbeat it will probably never happen... The Brachiosaurus is just way too big for a Lego mold. Even if they scaled it down it would still cost so much money to produce and they wouldn't risk it since kids seem to only want carnivores. I could maybe see a brick built one but never one that is molded like the current theme. By the way I think there's a reason Lego seems to only include carnivores in their sets. Maybe herbivores just don't sell with kids.

I really love the mansion set, I think they've done a fantastic job of it.:wub:  I think this year Lego are concentrating a bit more on location based sets aross all major themes.

3 hours ago, Puresh said:

Even thought I would love that and buy it in a heartbeat it will probably never happen... The Brachiosaurus is just way too big for a Lego mold. Even if they scaled it down it would still cost so much money to produce and they wouldn't risk it since kids seem to only want carnivores. I could maybe see a brick built one but never one that is molded like the current theme. By the way I think there's a reason Lego seems to only include carnivores in their sets. Maybe herbivores just don't sell with kids.

A brick built one with moulded legs and head could maybe work

I think most of these sets are fantastic.

Pteranodon Escape, whilst simple, is a nice way to get a couple of generic Mercs - and a nice way to double up on the original Pteranodon we received.

Raptor Rescue Truck, whilst an overly-simple build, includes a really nice generic raptor - and has a lot of potential if a little bit of time is invested in adding detail to some of the more sparse areas.

I think the Juniors sets, whilst a little underwhelming, have a lot of potential. 

We then have Pteranodon Chase - which is my least favourite set. The new Pteranodon is beautiful, and the minifigures are cool, but I really dislike the design of the Jeep. I will be modding it to remove the net launcher and create something that feels a little more real. I think the windscreen here is a big detracting value.

Then the Stygimoloch Breakout, which I love. The lab pen feels well enclosed, and the actual room looks nice. Wu's new expression is awesome, and it is great having a new dinosaur in the form of the Stygimoloch.

Moving onto Carnotaurus Gyrosphere Escape - this set has really grown on me. I love everything about it - from the Carno itself, to the cool little Gyrosphere station build, and even the truck which looks mad imposing.

Lastly, Lockwood Manor. I ADORE THIS SET. Imposing on the exterior, and nicely detailed on the interior for the most part. Exactly what a flagship set should be.

Now I want to see the JP offerings... :wink:

Edited by LegoFan117

. None of these sets are anything like good enough, because there's no Ian Malcolm minifigure even though he is a major Jurassic Park character returning for Fallen Kingdom. 

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Yeah, the fact that there's no Ian Malcolm completely invalidates this entire wave.

:hmpf:

The sets look pretty good overall.  Still holding out hope for a triceratops, but I'm not optimistic.

12 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Yeah, the fact that there's no Ian Malcolm completely invalidates this entire wave.

I know you're being sarcastic but I feel like Jeff Goldblum might agree with you.

Personally, I think that the most interesting thing about Lockwood Estate is something that no one has touched on yet;

It's modular. 

Take another look at the pictures. Notice all the pin holes on the edges of the towers and the big brown wall parts? Why would those be there? None of the other sets have anything like that. And the pins are present on both floors of the tower. This says to me that the top and bottom floors of the tower can be separated and attached horizontally. Therefore, it stands to reason that the large brown walls can also be detached. I don't think the central, three-floor-tall part is likely to be separateable in the same manner - though it's not impossible that the top floor, with the bedroom, might be able to be taken off. So the set actually consists of seven, maybe eight, parts of the building that can be reconfigured as you wish to fit it into a city, or just for play.

Wait, I just realised. The pen in Stygimoloch Breakout. We haven't seen any pictures of the back of it so we can't be, but the central part, with the glass screen, looks like it could, even if it isn't designed like this, be easily modified in order to attach to Lockwood Estate's components with the same system. 

This thing is so going into my village. 

4 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

. None of these sets are anything like good enough, because there's no Ian Malcolm minifigure even though he is a major Jurassic Park character returning for Fallen Kingdom. 

He is just a little cameo character, not a major character in the movie. 

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Personally, I think that the most interesting thing about Lockwood Estate is something that no one has touched on yet;

It's modular. 

Take another look at the pictures. Notice all the pin holes on the edges of the towers and the big brown wall parts? Why would those be there? None of the other sets have anything like that. And the pins are present on both floors of the tower. This says to me that the top and bottom floors of the tower can be separated and attached horizontally. Therefore, it stands to reason that the large brown walls can also be detached. I don't think the central, three-floor-tall part is likely to be separateable in the same manner - though it's not impossible that the top floor, with the bedroom, might be able to be taken off. So the set actually consists of seven, maybe eight, parts of the building that can be reconfigured as you wish to fit it into a city, or just for play.

Wait, I just realised. The pen in Stygimoloch Breakout. We haven't seen any pictures of the back of it so we can't be, but the central part, with the glass screen, looks like it could, even if it isn't designed like this, be easily modified in order to attach to Lockwood Estate's components with the same system. 

This thing is so going into my village. 

Yeah, someone mentioned that a day or two ago in an article about the Toy Fair I think. It’s a pretty cool idea and I’m excited to see some different combinations.