Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Kind of makes me wish we could see a Earth Green upper/Dark Green lower recolor of the T-Rex, sort of as a homage to this guy from the Adventurers subtheme Dino Island from 2000.

If we were to get lost world sets this would be possible, as males are green in Jurassic films.

4 hours ago, Puresh said:

What does everyone think the set will be? It looks like the rumor of that site turned out to be false with the set description... I REALLY hope that Raptor is suppost to be a JP one and not a Lost World one (they were by far the worst ones but they sadly look more like the one we saw). Maybe the set will really be of the three original movies. In that case I would be really disappointed since I am once again not a fan of these Raptors in any way shape or form. What do you people think? 

I'm pretty sure it's not a lost world raptor, the actual JP raptor animatronics are brownish-tan with brown short stripes on its back, except most of it was dulled down to grayish tones in the film. A lost world raptor would look closer to the 2012 raptor, bright orange and white stomach with green eyes and long black stripes on its back and legs, which I prefer to JP3's duller gray raptors.

1 minute ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

If we were to get lost world sets this would be possible, as males are green in Jurassic films.

I'm pretty sure it's not a lost world raptor, the actual JP raptor animatronics are brownish-tan with brown short stripes, except most of it was dulled down to grayish tones in the film. A lost world raptor would look closer to the 2012 raptor, more bright orange and white with long black stripes and green eyes, which I argue looks better than JP3's duller gray raptors.

I really hope that's true... I also know what you are talking about with the colour and stripes of the Raptors just looking grey because of after effects and the camera quality from 25 years ago. The thing is just why make the stripes so prominent? It is VERY subtle in the movie and even in that picture of the kitchen scene I posted yesterday. Don't get me wrong I love The Lost World almost as much as the first one but the Raptors were pretty dull in that movie... they just attacked what they saw and didn't really show any sign of intelligence. That's probably the only reason I would prefer a JP one. (I also highly doubt them making a set of LW and JPIII since the vast majority of people seem to not like them at all)

6 minutes ago, Puresh said:

The thing is just why make the stripes so prominent? It is VERY subtle in the movie and even in that picture of the kitchen scene I posted yesterday. Don't get me wrong I love The Lost World almost as much as the first one but the Raptors were pretty dull in that movie... they just attacked what they saw and didn't really show any sign of intelligence. That's probably the only reason I would prefer a JP one.

It does make you wonder if they look at photos of animatronics more than shots of the film. The leaked raptor is more brown other than its skin tone being dark flesh like Echo and the T. Rex, so I think it's safe to say it's meant to be a JP raptor, especially if we're getting just one set.

TLW raptors seemed pretty skilled at stealthily picking off people in the long grass, its just the trio that chased Malcolm's group were the least efficient hunters, though I thought they intelligently tricked Sarah and Kelly by making them dig themselves out from the building.

5 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

It does make you wonder if they look at photos of animatronics more than shots of the film. The leaked raptor is more brown other than its skin tone being dark flesh like Echo and the T. Rex, so I think it's safe to say it's meant to be a JP raptor, especially if we're getting just one set.

TLW raptors seemed pretty skilled at stealthily picking off people in the long grass, its just the trio that chased Malcolm's group were the least efficient hunters, though I thought they intelligently tricked Sarah and Kelly by making them dig themselves out from the building.

Yeah I guess since Lego has a contract with Universal they got some good pictures of the original animatronics. Also I don't think you have to be smart to hunt in long grass... some animals with really small brains also do that. I guess I am just a fan of the originals  :tongue:

That kitchen scene is very dark, and I'm sure the lighting influences the way the colors look.  If you were to build out a kitchen MOC and put the raptor in it, then use the same low light level, it should look very similar (aside from textural differences).

Moving on from Jurassic Park for a bit, the new Fallen Kingdom trailer leaked, and with it comes our first glance of the Indoraptor. And it looks absolutely amazing . . though now I'm starting to think that the version of it from 75930 is a little too big. I wonder if it wouldn't be feasible to design a brick-built variation that's more to minifigure scale? Something similar to the brick-built version of Blue that was in Lego Dimensions?

Also, there was a scene in the trailer that . .

Spoiler

Was from a dinosaur's perspective from behind some kind of cage bars, being led along a platform surrounded by people who looked stereotypically rich and very excited about something. I think this scene . . .

All but confirms that 75930 is supposed to be some kind of black-market dinosaur auction house. 

Spoiler

This also makes sense when you consider the lines from Jurassic World that, retrospectively, seem to be teasers for the Indoraptor; something was said about designing a 'smaller, sleeker' version of the Indominous Rex. Therefore it seems logical to conclude that the Indominous was designed to be big, flashy, something designed primarily to be put on show. Wreaking destruction was irs secondary purpose. Whereas the Indoraptor was designed for combat, for killing. It's the next step upwards in terms of horror. 

3 hours ago, Crownie said:

And I present to you:

LEGO + Kenner + Jurassic Park = Brilliance. :wink:

Whoa.  That takes me back.  I had that.  You squeezed its legs together and it made a horrible moaning noise.  I threw it in a bathtub and still worked.  That thing was awesome.  Even black market dinosaur animal cruelty makes me sad.

And I present to you:

Oh yeah I forgot about this too. People were pointing out that the Lego baby raptor looks like this toy and in turn now looks like the leaked Lego figure.

3 hours ago, Puresh said:

Also I don't think you have to be smart to hunt in long grass... some animals with really small brains also do that. I guess I am just a fan of the originals  :tongue:

Muldoon did say the Big One was even more intelligent than the usual raptor, so she did set the high bar. She was a straight up psychopath, even if she got duped by a reflection and one of her packmates got locked in a fridge. By kids, the greatest threats to raptors in these movies.

And I present to you:

That was based on the very first Jurassic Park? Because the colour and brown stripes look exactly like the Lego version. It was a JP Raptor and not TLW one right?

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

If we were to get lost world sets this would be possible, as males are green in Jurassic films

Yeah, pretty much just that in retrospect.

th?id=OIP.0NOpkJ_CgYIUuFn5cjYwBwHaH0&pid

20 minutes ago, Puresh said:

That was based on the very first Jurassic Park? Because the colour and brown stripes look exactly like the Lego version. It was a JP Raptor and not TLW one right?

Yeah this is a JP toy:

velociraptor.jpg

32 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Moving on from Jurassic Park for a bit, the new Fallen Kingdom trailer leaked, and with it comes our first glance of the Indoraptor. And it looks absolutely amazing . . though now I'm starting to think that the version of it from 75930 is a little too big. I wonder if it wouldn't be feasible to design a brick-built variation that's more to minifigure scale? Something similar to the brick-built version of Blue that was in Lego Dimensions?

Reveal hidden contents

Was from a dinosaur's perspective from behind some kind of cage bars, being led along a platform surrounded by people who looked stereotypically rich and very excited about something. I think this scene . . .

All but confirms that 75930 is supposed to be some kind of black-market dinosaur auction house. 

Reveal hidden contents

This also makes sense when you consider the lines from Jurassic World that, retrospectively, seem to be teasers for the Indoraptor; something was said about designing a 'smaller, sleeker' version of the Indominous Rex. Therefore it seems logical to conclude that the Indominous was designed to be big, flashy, something designed primarily to be put on show. Wreaking destruction was irs secondary purpose. Whereas the Indoraptor was designed for combat, for killing. It's the next step upwards in terms of horror. 

The trailer was posted here too, it wasn’t a leak. I think the Indoraptor is a fine size, since the smaller dinosaurs are always oversized (Lego raptors should not be that big and they’re massively out of scale for the movies themselves anyway). The thing that bothers me the most about the Indoraptor is just how weird the head looks at the back because it isn’t spiky enough, but it looks very good overall. The gold stripe is especially nice although it would’ve been cool to see that extend across the top of the legs so the stripe wouldn’t be broken. By the way, I don’t think that you need to use spoiler tags when you’re just discussing something from a publicly released trailer. 

I wouldn't even say the lack of spikes on the Indoraptor head are what makes it look so odd... I think the reason you might not think it looks right is because the back of the head stands out more than it should... just like the crystal skull from Indiana Jones :tongue:

And agreed the little spot where the stripe ends is one of the only little things I don't like about it

2 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Yeah this is a JP toy:

I had this toy when I was younger, but didn’t realise for years that it was from Jurassic Park, until I realised that it was a JP on the side!

i remember attaching paper ‘wings’ to it to make it a Hungarian Horntail for my lego Harry Potter cause I didn’t have the set! How wonderful it is to in turn get a Lego version of this guy over a decade later!!

4 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I had this toy when I was younger, but didn’t realise for years that it was from Jurassic Park, until I realised that it was a JP on the side!

i remember attaching paper ‘wings’ to it to make it a Hungarian Horntail for my lego Harry Potter cause I didn’t have the set! How wonderful it is to in turn get a Lego version of this guy over a decade later!!

I really guess all toy manufacturers get the same Raptor prop images from Universal as these two Raptors look really the same. I also don't think they intentionally based it on the toy here. I guess the pictures just look the same :tongue:

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The trailer was posted here too, it wasn’t a leak. I think the Indoraptor is a fine size, since the smaller dinosaurs are always oversized (Lego raptors should not be that big and they’re massively out of scale for the movies themselves anyway). The thing that bothers me the most about the Indoraptor is just how weird the head looks at the back because it isn’t spiky enough, but it looks very good overall. The gold stripe is especially nice although it would’ve been cool to see that extend across the top of the legs so the stripe wouldn’t be broken. By the way, I don’t think that you need to use spoiler tags when you’re just discussing something from a publicly released trailer. 

Oh, you think? I suppose that's a good point. It just bothers me that the Indoraptor looks like it could only fit into a two-storey indoor space, which, unless a lot of the interior of the auction house is taken up by a single large room, will mean that it can't fit inside the building, and that would bug me a fair bit. I mean, I'm sure a workaround can be engineered, but it's the principle of the matter. 

Also, as for the spoiler tags, I know that some people don't like to watch the trailers, so I figured it would be rude to openly discuss that sort of thing without warning when people who avoid trailers might be reading. 

Everyone, please do not quote pictures. Feel free to quote text, just remove the images. 

Otherwise this thread is just pages and pages of duplicate images. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Also, is there any word on Australian prices? Particularly for 75930 and 75927 (my two must-haves, as from the looks of things the two could be combined well and look like they contain all the main characters between them.)

21 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I think that this is the trailer from Super Bowl

18 minutes ago, MrVelociraptor31 said:

Does anyone know if there is any chance of a Fallen Kingdom polybag?

Pretty sure the baby Blue we saw a while ago will be in one :thumbup: