Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Just now, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I went on google images for "raptor jurassic park"

I actually meant the lego raptor, but I found it already on youtube... (since youtube is apparently better informed these days xD)

18 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Can anyone tell what the footprint of the auction house/mansion set, 75930, is? I'm trying to clear a space for it in my village. It looks like it's 40 studs wide, but I can't quite tell. Second opinion, anyone?

It is 40 studs wide for sure.

There is a new rumor on the set that just popped up: I'll use the translation of the site as it is some other language: 

Rumor mill: classic LEGO Jurassic Park set coming up?

February 7, 2018

Rumors have appeared on the internet that LEGO will come not only with LEGO Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom sets in April, but also with a set based on the first Jurassic Park film. 

LEGO Jurassic Park

There is not a lot of information about the set and the information we have is based on rumors. So take the information below with the necessary granules of salt.

The LEGO Jurassic Park set is based on the control room and kitchen at the Visitor Center on Isla Nublar. The set would contain a portion of the Control Room and kitchen according to the rumors. The Minifigs in the set would be Alan Grant, Ellie Satler, Lex and Tim.

As mentioned, little information is known about it. If the rumors are true then we are curious if LEGO has more sets in store that are based on the Jurassic Park films. There is plenty of inspiration from the films and dino's remain a very popular subject, especially in children. Jurassic Park is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year and it could well be that LEGO has come up with a special set for this, or the rumors are all true we will find out in the short term. The Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom sets are scheduled for release mid-April.

I really like the raptor, it looks perfect to me. I heavily disliked the colors of the dinos in the past. They were just too bright for my taste and looked a bit cheap to me. However, seeing them in this new color palette really makes them look so much better.

As for that rumor, I'd be a bit disappointed if they didn't give us the Explorer. As much as I'd love the kitchen and control room, I would prefer the Explorer over them, especially if this is the only set they give us for JP. If they plan on giving us more, than fine, I'll take a portion of the visitor's center.

Edited by strangely

This rumor seems to be true as it fits perfectly with the figures and the Raptor we have seen so far! Also a price point of 70$ would make sense for that. I guess not getting Ian Malcom is a bit of a letdown however

5 minutes ago, Puresh said:

The LEGO Jurassic Park set is based on the control room and kitchen at the Visitor Center on Isla Nublar. The set would contain a portion of the Control Room and kitchen according to the rumors. The Minifigs in the set would be Alan Grant, Ellie Satler, Lex and Tim.

With an emphasis on both the Control Room and the Kitchen, the Raptor then makes sense. 

I also guess the stud shooter is actually suppost to be the Spas-12 shotgun... but that still leaves me scratching my head on what Timmy is holding. 

I looked at the Kitchen Scene again but in the Jurassic Park 3D release and they look more like the one Lego gives us. The stripes on the tail are more clearly visible and they are more brown than grey. Here's a good filming picture that shows the dark brown parts of the Raptor. I guess they are not based on the wrong design after all :thumbup:

Jurassic-Park-raptors.jpg

Edited by Puresh

Where are people seeing the raptor? I can’t find it on YouTube or Instagram. The rumored build sounds very interesting but for $70 I’m hoping we get at least two raptors. 

I really doubt Alan and Tim were holding actual accessories, there's no place for a red phone and a silver stud shooter with transparent blue studs. The latter would be a pretty bad spas12 considering other options for guns.

I'm not sure how to feel about this new report, I mean I'll take anything JP but I'm hoping we get more than two rooms of the visitor center, they must know they're missing out on our wallets by not making a jeep and an explorer. Though I suppose this could just mean they want to save stuff for more sets.

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Where are people seeing the raptor? I can’t find it on YouTube or Instagram. The rumored build sounds very interesting but for $70 I’m hoping we get at least two raptors. 

Precious plastics, but $70? Where'd you hear that from?

So how does the new Dilophosaurus fit into all this then? And I have to apologize guys - it's partially my fault that we got a JP-accurate raptor. :laugh: I broke down 2 weeks ago and bought a brand-new sealed Dino Defense Headquarters set (yes, it was expensive) partially because it includes the most (until now) accurate Raptor to the ones in the first film. I'm going to have a lot of Dinosaurs come summer...

2 minutes ago, Crownie said:

So how does the new Dilophosaurus fit into all this then? And I have to apologize guys - it's partially my fault that we got a JP-accurate raptor. :laugh: I broke down 2 weeks ago and bought a brand-new sealed Dino Defense Headquarters set (yes, it was expensive) partially because it includes the most (until now) accurate Raptor to the ones in the first film. I'm going to have a lot of Dinosaurs come summer...

Aww that's sad to hear you spend so much money to then get the info of an even more accurate Raptor :wacko:

I'm consoling myself with the thought that the Raptor in the Dino Defense set looks like Kenner's Electronic Raptor, while the new one looks more like Kenner's regular 'Slash N' Strike' release. (Nostalgia for me.) It's like I'll have both! (I never did get the electronic version as a kid - it was between that or the electronic Dilophosaurus, and who could resist that  frill?) :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Crownie said:

And I have to apologize guys - it's partially my fault that we got a JP-accurate raptor. :laugh: I broke down 2 weeks ago and bought a brand-new sealed Dino Defense Headquarters set (yes, it was expensive) partially because it includes the most (until now) accurate Raptor to the ones in the first film. I'm going to have a lot of Dinosaurs come summer...

SO IT WAS YOU!!! Your sacrifice saved us all. :cry_happy:

I know the feeling though, I bought the Junior's Green Goblin off eBay and before it could even ship the comic accurate one leaked. It's like Lego is secretly watching us, toying with us.

22 minutes ago, Crownie said:

That’s an amazing set and definitely one of my favorites! At least you get a T. rex as well!

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I really doubt Alan and Tim were holding actual accessories, there's no place for a red phone and a silver stud shooter with transparent blue studs. The latter would be a pretty bad spas12 considering other options for guns.

I'm not sure how to feel about this new report, I mean I'll take anything JP but I'm hoping we get more than two rooms of the visitor center, they must know they're missing out on our wallets by not making a jeep and an explorer. Though I suppose this could just mean they want to save stuff for more sets.

Precious plastics, but $70? Where'd you hear that from?

Thanks, I found it right after I posted and saw an image on their new Instagram too. Someone above mentioned a $70 price point but I hope it isn’t accurate. 

The green raptor from the Juniors set has just leaked on Instagram. It looks great! I’m really happy with the recolors we’re getting. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

I found this image, and it appears that the official release date for the juniors sets will be April 16th. I don't know if it applies to the other Jurassic World sets, but it's still great to have an official date!

LEGO-Catalogue-First-Half-2018-1HY-LEGO-Jurassic-World-1024x435.jpg

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The green raptor from the Juniors set has just leaked on Instagram. It looks great! I’m really happy with the recolors we’re getting. 

Kind of makes me wish we could see a Earth Green upper/Dark Green lower recolor of the T-Rex, sort of as a homage to this guy from the Adventurers subtheme Dino Island from 2000.

689396848_tp.jpg

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yes, it looks great.  I'll definitely be wanting that one!

There are also more pictures of the new Dilophosaurus! It looks just like the one in the first movie! Maybe we'll get two sets I have no idea honestly

13 minutes ago, Puresh said:

There are also more pictures of the new Dilophosaurus! It looks just like the one in the first movie! Maybe we'll get two sets I have no idea honestly

Yeah, it doesn't look bat at all.

What does everyone think the set will be? It looks like the rumor of that site turned out to be false with the set description... I REALLY hope that Raptor is suppost to be a JP one and not a Lost World one (they were by far the worst ones but they sadly look more like the one we saw). Maybe the set will really be of the three original movies. In that case I would be really disappointed since I am once again not a fan of these Raptors in any way shape or form. What do you people think?