Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

56 minutes ago, froggy95 said:

Another Dilophoaurus is a huge disappointment. 

Why? It was only available once 3 years ago and is a very nice dinosaur to get. Plus, it’s got new colors and details. I’m a lot happier with this than I am with stuff like the repeated Rexy and Juniors pteranodon. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Why? It was only available once 3 years ago and is a very nice dinosaur to get. Plus, it’s got new colors and details. I’m a lot happier with this than I am with stuff like the repeated Rexy and Juniors pteranodon. 

There are hundreds to choose from and we keep getting the same four (+\—).  Three years is not that long of a time in terms of Lego. Triceratops on the other hand needs a reamergance. 

29 minutes ago, froggy95 said:

There are hundreds to choose from and we keep getting the same four (+\—).  Three years is not that long of a time in terms of Lego. Triceratops on the other hand needs a reamergance. 

A lot of Dino’s would require new and expensive molds. LEGO plays it safe by reusing the same molds and eventually make some new Dino’s. Believe me I would love a spinosaurus, brachiosaurus, mosasaur or etc but those require complicated molds. If this wave sells well then LEGO might consider a second wave. 

Those set images floating around are pretty neat. The large mansion set looks different enough from the rest of the wave to get my attention, and the new dinosaur parts look pretty cool, especially the carnosaurus. I can't wait for better images of these kits. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, 7982Brick said:

A lot of Dino’s would require new and expensive molds. LEGO plays it safe by reusing the same molds and eventually make some new Dino’s. Believe me I would love a spinosaurus, brachiosaurus, mosasaur or etc but those require complicated molds. If this wave sells well then LEGO might consider a second wave. 

Plus, to be fair, with the Carnotaurus and the Indoraptor, we're already getting two new dinos this year.

Besides. This isn't Lego Dinosaurs, this is Lego Jurassic World. It wouldn't make sense for them to make Spinosaurus or Ankylodon molds (even though I'd love an ankylodon) if those dinosaurs aren't even in the movie, or only briefly appear, when they could do ones that are more relevant. 

Speaking of which, there's a pretty obvious reason that there aren't any triceratopses in the sets; the movie doesn't have triceratopses.

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Plus, to be fair, with the Carnotaurus and the Indoraptor, we're already getting two new dinos this year.

Besides. This isn't Lego Dinosaurs, this is Lego Jurassic World. It wouldn't make sense for them to make Spinosaurus or Ankylodon molds (even though I'd love an ankylodon) if those dinosaurs aren't even in the movie, or only briefly appear, when they could do ones that are more relevant. 

Speaking of which, there's a pretty obvious reason that there aren't any triceratopses in the sets; the movie doesn't have triceratopses.

There is a triceratops, Baryonyx, and mosasaur in the film. I would love for all three to be in sets but we are only getting two exclusives and the leaked dilo is most likely in one set leaving one slot for the three above.

16 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Except the Dilophosaurus wasn't even in Jurassic World yet we got it in a set. Accuracy doesn't seem to be their top priority

27 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

And the Stygimoloch. That’s already one more than the new dinosaurs we got for the first movie. I really hope they do a $100 set with a molded sauropod one day though. 

28 minutes ago, 7982Brick said:

There is a triceratops, Baryonyx, and mosasaur in the film. I would love for all three to be in sets but we are only getting two exclusives and the leaked dilo is most likely in one set leaving one slot for the three above.

12 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Except the Dilophosaurus wasn't even in Jurassic World yet we got it in a set. Accuracy doesn't seem to be their top priority.

Oh . . nevermind then. 

57 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Strictly speaking, JW didn't have Dilophosaurus, too. It appeared only as a hologram, but they made lego Dilo, which is why I've been thinking that accuracy and appearance in the movie are not their top priority.

I think their priority is popularity and expense. They made Dilo, which means they also can make Spino or else. (Spino has pretty many fans)

I want Baryonyx to be come out as a lego figure so that they can make Spinosaurus with the same mold as Baryonyx in the future.

Edited by Kevin1992

I Spinosaurus could be done in a similar way to that new one that reuses the Indominus parts.

reuse a body from either the Indominus or T-Rex, add a new head (which could also be used for a Baryonyx) and new long arms. A ‘spine’ piece could be made to fit the  2x4 stud area on the moulds  back.

Edited by Whovastron

Bare minimum, Spino would only need two new molds. Three max.

Use T-Rex body, legs, and tail and Indominus arms/hands. Then make a new head and sail piece. If you want to be closer to the JW video game, it'd also need a new neck piece (which would probably look better, honestly).

Then, if we go by the video game, Baryonyx would be the same, minus the sail. 

Is there any possibility of a second wave? I don't know how far into the year things have been leaked.

Guys, in this wave we will have 3 totally new dinosaurs, 3 with new prints and 2 new baby dinos. We will get 1 new repeat in a set and we will get 2 repeats. Not so much of them, huh?

Price for 75926: ~$24.99 CAD

Price for 75927: ~$39.99 CAD

Price for 75928:  ~$49.99 CAD

Price for 75929: ~$99.99 CAD

Price for 75930: ~$149.99 CAD

Price for 75933: ~$89.99 CAD

* Not listed 75931 and 75932

2 hours ago, 7982Brick said:

Thanks! Do we know which one is the museum?

3 hours ago, 7982Brick said:

Do we know which is which?

im assuming the cheapest is the Pteranadon Set, and the $50 Set is the T-Rex. Is this $89.99 Set known? Could it be the Jurassic Park Set?

34 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Do we know which is which?

im assuming the cheapest is the Pteranadon Set, and the $50 Set is the T-Rex. Is this $89.99 Set known? Could it be the Jurassic Park Set?

75296 - Pteranodon set

75927 - Stygimoloch set

75928 - Velociraptor(Blue) set

75929 - Carnotaurus set

75930 - Indoraptor, Velociraptor(Blue) and Rockwood manor set

The rest of them (75931~75933) are still unknown.

I hope they will be the original JP sets, each for each three series, hopefully.

If we get three sets for JP series, we can expect they include one of T-rex, Triceratops, Velociraptor, Brachiosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Parasaurolophus for JP I & II, and Spinosaurus, Pteranodon for JP III, or else.

But nothing's surely known. :(

Edited by Kevin1992

27 minutes ago, Kevin1992 said:

75296 - Pteranodon set

75927 - Stygimoloch set

75929 - Carnotaurus set

I hope they will be the original JP sets, each for each three series, hopefully.

If we get three sets for JP series, we can expect they include one of T-rex, Triceratops, Velociraptor, Brachiosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Parasaurolophus for JP I & II, and Spinosaurus, Pteranodon for JP III, or else.

Are we sure some of the listed ones aren’t the 2 juniors sets?

13 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Are we sure some of the listed ones aren’t the 2 juniors sets?

Three junior JW sets will be 10756, 10757, 10758 and Duplo will be 10879, 10880. :)

75931~75933 will be standard sets, not junior or Duplo.

They can be original JP sets, or other JW sets. If the latter, Baryonyx or Mosasaurus can be included. (Or Dilophosaurus.. rumors said that newly-colored Dilophosaurus figure had been leaked)

Edited by Kevin1992

56 minutes ago, Kevin1992 said:

75296 - Pteranodon set

75927 - Stygimoloch set

75929 - Carnotaurus set

That definitely won’t happen since there are only two retailer exclusives and the Dilophosaurus has to be in one of them. I doubt we’d see new dino molds in the exclusives but I really hope we get an herbivore or the mosasaurus. 

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That definitely won’t happen since there are only two retailer exclusives and the Dilophosaurus has to be in one of them. I doubt we’d see new dino molds in the exclusives but I really hope we get an herbivore or the mosasaurus. 

It’s most likely the dilophosaurus an d the baryonyx for the two exclusives. The mosasaur will require a new expensive mold compared to the other two. I would love for a mosasaur but we have to be realistic.

Can anyone tell what the footprint of the auction house/mansion set, 75930, is? I'm trying to clear a space for it in my village. It looks like it's 40 studs wide, but I can't quite tell. Second opinion, anyone?

25 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Can anyone tell what the footprint of the auction house/mansion set, 75930, is? I'm trying to clear a space for it in my village. It looks like it's 40 studs wide, but I can't quite tell. Second opinion, anyone?

It is roughly 40 studs wide