Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

YES

I leave for 5 hours and we now have JURASSIC PARK LEAKS I can't believe this day is finally here, this has changed my day possibly my life, Tim is perfect even if he's wearing that sacred hat that belongs to ALAN! Bring on Ellie, Ian, Lex, Hammond, and Muldoon!

Couldn't find the pics on reddit, but this is great news !!! Hope they go all the way and make it a BIG (and expensive, who cares, we've waited 25 years for this) set :) .

Gah! Leaked pictures that I cannot find! Must be patient. Must be patient.

Any other illuminating tidbits from those of who who've seen this picture? What price point do you think it'll be? I'll need 3 of them, so that's a pretty crucial detail... :laugh:

Edited by Crownie

It's interesting that Alan Grant is using the classic Lego hairpiece. It makes me wonder if perhaps it's the new version of it from the upcoming CMF that has a hole in the top, perhaps to attach a hat via peg. That would be nice as I would really like to have a hat/hair combo rather than choosing one or the other.

I'm excited to see this set. At the very least I'm hoping it includes Lex and Ellie too. Of course I'd like to have Hammond, Ian and Nedry too. As for build, I'd like the Visitor's Center, but I don't think that's likely. I don't expect to see the gate either as some form of it is included in the Junior's set. I'm guessing it'll be the explorer and honestly, that's what I want most anyways. I loved the game version of it, to get a slightly more refined version of it in a set would be the absolute best. This is officially the set I'm most looking forward to this year, I've been waiting so long...

If new JP lego sets come out,

Am I the only one who wants Spinosaurus so bad??

I really want to see real lego Spinosaurus figure..

Is there any possibility for this?

185.jpg

I'd take a chest-up Brachiosaurus before a Spino myself. Or even a Trike re-release. Just to get some herbivorous Dinos in for a change. (But that Spinosaurus does look really awesome...)

And Grant and Tim with a Ford Explorer? Throw in a Raptor in the original color scheme and I'd be in heaven. Though I'd still want 3. :wink:

I'm guessing the classic Jurassic Park set will either be the Visitor's Center or Park Gates with the T-Rex Paddock. So pumped to see that they will actually do something from the original films.

2 hours ago, Crownie said:

I'd take a chest-up Brachiosaurus before a Spino myself. Or even a Trike re-release. Just to get some herbivorous Dinos in for a change. (But that Spinosaurus does look really awesome...)

And Grant and Tim with a Ford Explorer? Throw in a Raptor in the original color scheme and I'd be in heaven. Though I'd still want 3. :wink:

Pretty much agree with this, those dinos are icons and Mosasaurus also deserves her figure, she helped save the park too! Though I'd take a spino to reenact and display how that fight should have gone down.

6 hours ago, Kevin1992 said:

If new JP lego sets come out,

Am I the only one who wants Spinosaurus so bad??

I really want to see real lego Spinosaurus figure..

Is there any possibility for this?

185.jpg

Spinosaurus is my favourite dinosaur, and I loved Jurassic Park 3 when I was little! I really want a spinosaurus of some kind, whether it be from a Jurassic set or something like Creator.

personally for the JP set. I just need the gates, a jeep, a raptor and T-Rex. Minifig need to be Alan, Tim, Lex, Ellie, Hammond, Ian and Muldoon (maybe the lawyer if you want but doesn’t bother me if it doesn’t come with one.)

if that was what the set was, I’d easily get 2 for another Raptor and Jeep!

If we look at the first JP movie, the following dino's had a main part:

- T-rex (already included in lots of JW1 en Junior sets, but still epic)
- Raptor (already included in lots of JW1 and JW2 sets, so I hope they won't include those)
- Dilo (already included in one JW1 set)
- Triceratops (NOT included, but they have the mold)
- Brachio (NOT included, but they have a mold from one of the previous lines, don't they?)

My bet is that they will include 2 larger dino's, probably one herbivore (guessing Triceratops) and one carnivore (T-rex, because it's just so important for that first movie).

Depending on price, they could:

- go ALL the way and give us a nice visitor center with a Jeep and a Ford
- give us just one vehicule (Jeep or Ford) and the gates (IMHO, that Junior set looks ok, but won't be a reason for TLC to NOT make a system set
- give us one of compound set (T-rex, Raptor) with one or 2 vehicles

I guess they would include all the minifigs in every set.

Just my 2c.

15 minutes ago, *thomas* said:

If we look at the first JP movie, the following dino's had a main part:

- T-rex (already included in lots of JW1 en Junior sets, but still epic)
- Raptor (already included in lots of JW1 and JW2 sets, so I hope they won't include those)
- Dilo (already included in one JW1 set)
- Triceratops (NOT included, but they have the mold)
- Brachio (NOT included, but they have a mold from one of the previous lines, don't they?)

My bet is that they will include 2 larger dino's, probably one herbivore (guessing Triceratops) and one carnivore (T-rex, because it's just so important for that first movie).

Depending on price, they could:

- go ALL the way and give us a nice visitor center with a Jeep and a Ford
- give us just one vehicule (Jeep or Ford) and the gates (IMHO, that Junior set looks ok, but won't be a reason for TLC to NOT make a system set
- give us one of compound set (T-rex, Raptor) with one or 2 vehicles

I guess they would include all the minifigs in every set.

Just my 2c.

The thing with the raptor is that it’s a completely different colour in the first 3 movies, more in line with the T-Rex in the JW sets. Considering that’s the more ‘iconic’ design, I think at least one Raptor is an essential - especially if we get Muldoon ;D

EDIT:

i do wish the Jurassic World lime had a more Indiana Jones Set-up. A wave of sets covering the new movie, and a wave covering the past films. Would be so easy as there are a lot of memorable characters and set pieces from the first 3; the gates, the paddocks, the cars, the San Diego chase, the plane in 3, the aviary etc.

Edited by Whovastron

Would be cool to have Muldoon, but I 'fear' (but I'm still over the moon with the news of a JP set) that LEGO will just stick to the 6 main characters.

41 minutes ago, *thomas* said:

Would be cool to have Muldoon, but I 'fear' (but I'm still over the moon with the news of a JP set) that LEGO will just stick to the 6 main characters.

Yeah I have a feeling they might stick to just the trinity plus Hammond and his grandkids. 

Though I do wonder, what gun would they give Muldoon that would look close to his spas12? The game interestingly used the dino rifle missing the clip for the dart or scope. 

3 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Yeah I have a feeling they might stick to just the trinity plus Hammond and his grandkids. 

Though I do wonder, what gun would they give Muldoon that would look close to his spas12? The game interestingly used the dino rifle missing the clip for the dart or scope. 

Maybe just a Star Wars rifle with something on the end like a lightsaber hilt? Would work for me.

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Spinosaurus is my favourite dinosaur, and I loved Jurassic Park 3 when I was little! I really want a spinosaurus of some kind, whether it be from a Jurassic set or something like Creator.

personally for the JP set. I just need the gates, a jeep, a raptor and T-Rex. Minifig need to be Alan, Tim, Lex, Ellie, Hammond, Ian and Muldoon (maybe the lawyer if you want but doesn’t bother me if it doesn’t come with one.)

if that was what the set was, I’d easily get 2 for another Raptor and Jeep!

They did produce a spinosaurus from JP 3 in the studios line but it was not a mold, it used the old body parts for building a dinosaur. They made two sets based on JP 3.

I would imagine the Jurassic Park set takes one of two retailer exclusive slots. There is talk of one being around €50 so I would imagine we could see the Gate, A couple of iconic dinos, and the gate.

My bets would be Alan, Ian, Ellie, Tim and Lex - in addition to the gate, a vehicle, and a couple of dinos.

I think the best we can hope for is one of the Explorer vehicles with a couple figures and one dinosaur. I see no reason for them to make the T. rex since we’ve already gotten the same one twice now. If the set is $30-50 the best bet is a Velociraptor. 

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think the best we can hope for is one of the Explorer vehicles with a couple figures and one dinosaur. I see no reason for them to make the T. rex since we’ve already gotten the same one twice now. If the set is $30-50 the best bet is a Velociraptor. 

My thoughts as well.  Likely a small set.

There’s a build video of the Carnotaurus up on YouTube. I’m more disappointed in it now, since it really is way too big. I think I would’ve preferred that they use the raptor body and make it too small rather than make it this oversized. The head looks small and weird to me and the mouth looks strange when it’s closed (the video confirms that it can indeed close all the way).