Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Okay, I found an image of the Indoraptor on Twitter. It's blurry but it looks pretty neat.

I really like the goldish stripe alongside its body but I expected there to be spikes on its head for some reason.

36 minutes ago, Bbrink1996 said:

Okay, I found an image of the Indoraptor on Twitter. It's blurry but it looks pretty neat.

I really like the goldish stripe alongside its body but I expected there to be spikes on its head for some reason.

The actual dinosaur has spikes on the back of its head which is why I’m disappointed in the head on the Lego version. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The actual dinosaur has spikes on the back of its head which is why I’m disappointed in the head on the Lego version. 

So it is supposed to have spikes? Weird that the Lego version doesn't have them.

Edited by Bbrink1996

I like the Stygimoloch a lot, but the Indoraptor is a little irritating, because lego was willing to make a medium size carnivore mould but kept with Tyrannosaur sized moulds for Carnotaurus.

I'm not sure if I like Blue's redesign. The one from 2015 already looked good enough but the new one looks so much different I thought it was a different Velociraptor all together when I first saw the image. The sand green mixed with a tannish color doesn't work as well as the mix of green/blue and sand green of the 2015 version.

I finally saw the indoraptor! May I just say how badass this guy looks! Sorry for language but damn. On a side note thoughI really like all these sets! My wallet is going to be so heavy when I drive to the Lego store.

The thing is that we only have a bad image of a Mattel toy to base the Indoraptor's design off of, if I remember right. As surprising as it is maybe LEGO got the more accurate version down.

Overall the sets are okay, basically just a means for getting the new dino molds. The Stygimoloch is really cool and I actually really like the Carnotaurus though I may be biased as I've always really liked  Carnotaurus. Honestly I'll probably just bricklink the Carnotaur.

I hated the 2015 sets, I really wanted the dinosaurs but the sets just looked too junior with their colours and design. These look a lot better, with more realistic colours and features. Would definitely like to get some

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I hated the 2015 sets, I really wanted the dinosaurs but the sets just looked too junior with their colours and design. These look a lot better, with more realistic colours and features. Would definitely like to get some

I agree on how much better the sets look. Far more appealing designs and colors.

I pretty fond of the new dinos too. Blue's green looks too light, but I always welcome new raptor prints. And the Carnotaurus may not be as "intimidating" as I could have liked, it's still a nice one to get.

Speaking of intimidating, holy cow does that Indoraptor look scary, even just in Lego!

10 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Exactly

From what we've seen so far, this wave looks a lot stronger than the 2015 one

The Dinosaurs look great! I would like it though if we could have gotten a Triceratops, Ankylosaur, or Long necked Dinosaur like Brachiosaurus to break up the "predator" type Dinosaurs mix. I heard rumours that we might get a Mosasaurs set as well.. ?

5 hours ago, Mattybrick said:

The Dinosaurs look great! I would like it though if we could have gotten a Triceratops, Ankylosaur, or Long necked Dinosaur like Brachiosaurus to break up the "predator" type Dinosaurs mix. I heard rumours that we might get a Mosasaurs set as well.. ?

It is possible we are still to see a retailer exclusive.

2 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

It is possible we are still to see a retailer exclusive.

If they decide to use the JW line for this, I really hope they make some kind of JP tribute set. Doesn't have to be much, just the jeep or ford explorer with gate and T-rex would be cool.

1 hour ago, *thomas* said:

If they decide to use the JW line for this, I really hope they make some kind of JP tribute set. Doesn't have to be much, just the jeep or ford explorer with gate and T-rex would be cool.

Would be nice - but unlikely unfortunately. We will be seeing some JP elements in Fallen Kingdom, but not enough to justify this. Who knows - a JP 25 set could always happen.

1 hour ago, *thomas* said:

I don’t really think we need a third version of the same T. rex. One of the cars with the main characters would be good as a $20-30 set but I don’t think they’ll make one. 

I have a feeling I am the only one who prefers buildings and structure over the included dinos ;). No, it's nice to have some variation, but don't mind an extra T-rex as much as I dislike (sorry guys) al the raptors and non existing dino's (indominus etc).

Loved the Jurassic World sets, so I'm pretty stoked for the Fallen Kingdom ones as well. But I'm a little disappointed that there are apparently no herbivores. C'mon, I just want a Triceratops... And an Ankylosaurus. 

And not sure how I feel about the Indoraptor... Eh. Carnotaurus is cool to see, though. 

Looks like I'll be buying all these as well like I did for JW.

8 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Honestly just give us a UCS Jurassic Park Visitor's Center with a small wave of sets based on the other films (Spinosaurus, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, etc.) and I'll be happy.

I'd be fine with a big JP Visitor's Center, but I wouldn't be very likely to get sets for TLW or 3. I can't stand how hard they shilled the Spino, seeing as it would have been a weaker-jawed fish-eater. And yes, this irrational anti-bias would inform a buying decision. I'm unfortunately stubborn like that.

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I'd be fine with a big JP Visitor's Center, but I wouldn't be very likely to get sets for TLW or 3. I can't stand how hard they shilled the Spino, seeing as it would have been a weaker-jawed fish-eater. And yes, this irrational anti-bias would inform a buying decision. I'm unfortunately stubborn like that.

Yeah I feel like Jurassic Park would be the only movie to get sets because of how unpopular TLW and especially JP3 tend to be, which is a shame since even if you didn't like TLW a wave of sets from that movie has the most potential to give us a lot of herbivores. They could easily make plenty of sets that included one dino paired with one of many Ingen capture jeeps, as we know how much Lego loves vehicles.

Well, we're supposed to get a brick-built Triceratops skull with the largest set, right? Sort of close. I'm just hoping there's still a retailer exclusive we don't know about.