Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

The full set from yesterday leaked, along with the wu set and blue helicopter set in the usual instagram places, they look really nice except for the vehicle in the largest set

The helicopter in the Blue set is okay but very boring and City-esque. I don’t like Blue’s new design, it seems much too light for her coloring. I hope that set isn’t $50, since we got two raptors in a $50 set last time. The Carnotaurus set looks great! I love the truck build and I really like this darker blue color scheme and more militaristic designs. The Gyrosphere station is much bigger than I expected and looks wonderful- it’s really nice to have some good overgrown terrain. The truck doesn’t look as bad as I was expecting, and the second vehicle looks nice as well. The Stygimoloch research set is awesome, I love the new pen and the viewing area with the glass window is a nice addition. The new dinosaur molds look great too. I hope the set is only $30. Can’t wait to see the rest, especially the mansion!!

I quite like the new sets they’ve released, however it does feel like the the sets are lacking in actual dinos though. All of the sets only include 1 dinosaur, except the larger one which includes a baby. Everything else in the sets looks great though, especially those new torso prints! 

Can’t wait for the mansion as well! :laugh:

Edited by Foxes Productionz

I think the helicopter set looks really nice. The build actually looks good to me, the front looks cool and I love that piece (is the front a new piece? Sorry don't keep up with City). Side build is neat too. Minifigures are... There not bad but boring, this was a problem in 2015 too. I'm not shocked though, this is a dinosaur theme. Speaking of which the dinosaur "Blue" looks really nice. On the next set. Love the gyrosphere section, I always dig location type side builds so of course I think this is great. The truck build is pretty cool. I think the front is neat and to me looks like it can be modded into a truck from Indiana Jones. The dinosaur (don't know the name) looks cool as well. On to my favorite set, the cage one. As I have said numerous times I love location builds, so this being just that and no vehicle build is just amazing. I love the cage build and think that the space seems to be decent for the dinosaur (don't know the name to this one either). I love the research area, definitely makes this worth getting if you already had the Raptor Escape. Dinosaur looks great and my be my favorite so far. Overall these are way better then I expected, minifigures are boring but that is not the main sell of the sets, that honor belongs to the Dino's who are amazing. Not only that we actually get good builds! The mansion set really interest me, but unless it's one of the best Lego sets ever I will be saving my $100 for something else (Sanctum Sanctorum Bro!). And the small truck set does not interest me, so I believe the cage set will be the Jurassic World set I go after this year.

Stygimoloch turned out great, I thought it'd have a longer neck but its cool enough to get a pachycephalosaur. I like that Wu now has a light grey coat and the mercenary's head looks new otherwise he's kind of plain, though at least he's wearing a beanie. The paddock itself looks like a great set, I'd even buy two to connect them.

Blue is kind of disappointing, the colors are as glaring as i thought they'd be, though maybe if you add the old Blue's sand green limbs it might improve it. Maybe next time she'll get an accurate dark bluish grey variant for sure. I can't wait to see a clearer picture of Owen, he looks promising, and i think he's wearing the skydiver's backpack in tan, though I have no idea how his hair was mistaken for a mullet. The mercenary looks boring and i hate that we have a stud shooter gun held by the tan man (Ted Levine?). The cage build looks great and so do both vehicles.

The gyrosphere station looks a lot smaller than I thought it'd be but I'm still interested in it, it looks like such a great display piece with the sign, the foliage, and that nest of eggs. A little disappointed the tiny dino isn't green in this set like a compy but at least its another tiny dino. I actually like the look of the truck and the dark blue, black, light and dark greys mesh really well together (kind of how a certain raptor could've been). The thing its pulling is less impressive though I like the little satellite dish and the two opening compartments.

Overall this wave so far gives off more of a rugged, Lost World/Jurassic Park vibe to contrast the clean, corporate Jurassic World, which is exactly what I was hoping for so I'm happy about that. Theres a few disappointments like the mercenaries and Blue but I like that we get more builds that aren't vehicles, as well as the fact that every set comes with eggs.

Dunno if someone has mentioned this before.

Owen(Chris Pratt)'s face is updated. How come they didn't include that in IW set! Ugh.

Blue is even more inaccurate than the last figure was. I love the look of the last one but the new one just looks like a random update to Charlie, and I don’t love the new lighter color. 

14 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Dunno if someone has mentioned this before.

Owen(Chris Pratt)'s face is updated. How come they didn't include that in IW set! Ugh.

Yeah it was already mentioned in the description leaks, I was surprised they didn't reuse it for marvel since they already had winter soldier reusing his old head in the civil war sets. I'm a bit more surprised that we even got new faces for Owen and Claire.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

Right. They cannot share the same face as the previous waves. Both of them are in the film. That wouldn't make sense.

I'm just happy to see a new face atleast there's something new rather than Dino molds in this lineX

I like all the dinosaurs, but don't care much for the sets.  I wonder how much it will cost to get a few dinosaurs on the secondary market vs their sets.  I really like the Stygimoloch.  Blue is OK, but I already have all of the Raptors from the last film and I prefer the ones I already have.  Maybe I'll get that Juniors set for the Tyrannosaurus adult and baby combo.

I also just saw a picture of a black dinosaur that I really like.  I'm going to want that one for sure.

Edited by x105Black
Additional information.

All the sets which have leaked look fantastic.

Firstly, the Helicopter. It looks incredibly rugged, and I really like the design of it. Some tweaks to remove the play-features will create an awesome Helicopter. I hate the new Blue design - definitely preferred the first JW one as the new colour scheme just looks off. Also not a massive fan of Owens face, but it works, and it is nice to see them creating a new one rather than using Starlord's. I also adore the design for the mercenary - looks fantastic, and has put to sleep my concerns about these figures being pure ACU and nothing more.

Next up - the Lab compound. This set is PERFECT. The Stygimoloch is PERFECT. And the compound looks nice and contained whilst crucially - still different to the Raptor Escape compound. This one certainly feels more built-in and less open, which is a good thing. I also love the little details we can see in the observation area - excited to see more of that. And I adore getting Wu's torso in Light Grey - similar to how he appeared in JW. Perfect. Another Merc just sweetens the deal, although maybe a third figure he would have added more value to the set, since both Daniella Pineda's character and Benjamin Lockwood are nowhere to be seen.

Lastly, the Carnotaurus set. BEAUTIFUL. At first, I was not a fan of the Carnotaurus, but it has really grown on me - and it is wonderful to get a new carnivore. The truck looks great, and with some minor tweaks, can make for a really cool heavily armoured transport - this is one that I am hoping I can find loose to pickup an additional one! The portion of the Gyrosphere station looks awesome, and I adore the signage used - having those stickers is a beautiful touch which the designers didn't have to commit to. And the nest detail looks really cool too.

Overall, all three sets are day one purchases for me!

How much is the Indoraptor set going to cost?  The dinosaur looks really good, and it's probably the one I want most.

1 minute ago, x105Black said:

How much is the Indoraptor set going to cost?  The dinosaur looks really good, and it's probably the one I want most.

I'd guess roughly the same as the I-Rex compound - around $100

Woah, I didn't think I'd like the Indoraptor. It looks pretty creepy, almost like the raptor equivalent of the xenomorph queen. It's definitely bigger than the normal raptor and now I'm thinking that could've been our medium sized dino mold. It's body just reminds me of those concept sketches that someone did of medium sized Allosaurus, Carnotaurus, and Baryonyx figures on page 7.

I'm not sure I've seen everything but Stygimoloch is my favorite Dinosaure! 

Not a big fan of indoraptor , but my kids are! :laugh:

Simple sets but good sets in my opinion! 

Darn it! I missed the picture of the Indoraptor. Can it be found anywhere else? Mario must have taken it down. 

Edit: Never mind, he sent it to me. Looks awesome and I love the new molds, but the head doesn’t look right to me. I feel like it needs to be more spiky at the back, and the entire dinosaur lacks printing. I don’t see any on the eyes and I would’ve liked some on the legs. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

50 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Darn it! I missed the picture of the Indoraptor. Can it be found anywhere else? Mario must have taken it down. 

Edit: Never mind, he sent it to me. Looks awesome and I love the new molds, but the head doesn’t look right to me. I feel like it needs to be more spiky at the back, and the entire dinosaur lacks printing. I don’t see any on the eyes and I would’ve liked some on the legs. 

Where can I find these pictures?

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Wow the indoraptor looks incredible. Makes me want that set even more. Hopefully we seen the rest of Lockwood estate set soon

This si one of the only sets I’m really interested in. I want to see how they build the Estate, but also to get a sense of scale and possibility for other building playsets (like the ever-elusive Sanctum Sanctorum)