Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

I am bringing this thread back to LIFE.

So from the teasers, I hope we at least get a new Compy mold about the size of the CMF bunny. Maybe even a baby raptor, but I think that's even less likely.

We really only have 1 main set and 3 juniors sets left to give us new dinosaurs, though im hoping that Baryonyx was mistaken for a raptor in that helicopter set description. It'd make more sense.

Hopefully the fifth main set has the Indoraptor alongside other dinos, because I have a bad feeling Triceratops is going to be the only herbivore. At least Apatosaurus should be made this time around as the smaller sauropod. And then there's the Mosasaurus, who I have doubts about as well as Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and the rumoured Carnotaurus.

Gallimimus still deserves better than that coelophysis polybag. They could easily reuse the Dilophosaur body pieces and just make a new neck and head piece.

Anyway rambling over, I can't wait for everything to do with this franchise and I just hope lego does something about the 25th anniversary.

A new Fallen Kingdom still has now officially revealed the Baryonyx in more detail.

What do we think the likelihood is of new dino moulds this time around? 

Well we got one entirely new Dino mould and a new head mould last time.

so I figure we’ll be lucky to get at least the same this time around.

just my 2 cents...

16 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

Well we got one entirely new Dino mould and a new head mould last time.

so I figure we’ll be lucky to get at least the same this time around.

just my 2 cents...

My thoughts exactly. A shame, as the new Dino will be used up by the Indoraptor...

3 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

Maybe we will be lucky and the Indoraptor just uses the old body with a new head mold?

Could they scale down the old body at less cost than a new mould? 

8 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

Could they scale down the old body at less cost than a new mould? 

Scale down? I meant the old raptor body with a new head.

Baryonyx seems like it could be done on a similar scale to the Triceratops, which makes it a decently safe bet for a set in my eyes. A Baryonyx mould would also be really practical, because depending on how they do it they could easily repurpose it for any mid-size theropod body, with swapping out the skull and the arms as needed, which could get us things like Carnotaurus or Ceratosaurus. Indoraptor only really needs a new head and a modification of either the Raptor mould or a hypothetical Baryonyx mould depending on it's size.

I'm hoping that maybe the juniors sets will have a unique mold, or that they'll make a second wave for Fallen Kingdom, but I doubt it.

5 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

Scale down? I meant the old raptor body with a new head.

I am not so sure - I think the design is a lot different from what we have seen.

55 minutes ago, LegoFan117 said:

I am not so sure - I think the design is a lot different from what we have seen.

The Indoraptor will probably be made in a similar way to the original Indominus, just using the raptor as a base instead of the tyrannosaurus. If the one that appears in the film is too large for the raptor moulds, it'll probably wind up sharing with Baryonyx.

Well, it looks like they've crammed in at least 3 medium sized theropods that probably could have been combined into 1. Probably won't be good for the movie, but it might be good for us. I'm personally thinking the Baryonyx is the most likely for a lego set, but I wouldn't be averse to a Carnotaurus.

I'm really hoping that the Spinosaurus appears, there have been rumors of it. If it doesn't appear though, I hope the Baryonyx makes it into a set so I can modify it into a Spino. I'm also really hoping those set descriptions are inaccurate, it sounds like a repeat wave of the first movies bad sets.

Edited by Brickwraith

You know, I'm surprised to see a Gyrosphere involved in a major action sequence in this sequel, as I thought there wouldn't be much usage of them after the park shut down. That's for me cool to see, since Lego will now most likely be able to make more usage of the Gyrosphere parts in upcoming sets.

Now since they're currently damaged and aged in this movie, perhaps Lego could recolor the Gyrosphere parts in Trans. Brown for a dingier look? :shrug_oh_well:

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, I'm surprised to see a Gyrosphere involved in a major action sequence in this sequel, as I thought there wouldn't be much usage of them after the park shut down. That's for me cool to see, since Lego will now most likely be able to make more usage of the Gyrosphere parts in upcoming sets.

Now since they're currently damaged and aged in this movie, perhaps Lego could recolor the Gyrosphere parts in Trans. Brown for a dingier look? :shrug_oh_well:

That would be super nice to see! I've known about the Gyrospheres for a while, but it's cool to see them used as an escape mechanism.

5 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

That would be super nice to see! I've known about the Gyrospheres for a while, but it's cool to see them used as an escape mechanism.

I do hope that the Gyrosphere parts will find some usage beyond the Jurassic World theme, and aren't simply dead end pieces limited to exclusive licensed usage.

Three other recent dome pieces that we haven't seen used beyond their introductory sets are part numbers 8596288067, and 88068 (all pictured below left to right in respective order). So, bottom line, I'm just hoping Lego's Gyrosphere will find life beyond Jurassic World.

4548012.jpg 4566183.jpg 4566184.jpg

17 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I do hope that the Gyrosphere parts will find some usage beyond the Jurassic World theme, and aren't simply dead end pieces limited to exclusive licensed usage.

Three other recent dome pieces that we haven't seen used beyond their introductory sets are part numbers 8596288067, and 88068 (all pictured below left to right in respective order). So, bottom line, I'm just hoping Lego's Gyrosphere will find life beyond Jurassic World.

4548012.jpg 4566183.jpg 4566184.jpg

Life finds a way...

Just now, LegoFan117 said:

Life finds a way...

I didn't initially know what you meant by that, but then I looked at my post again... :oh: :rofl:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I didn't initially know what you meant by that, but then I looked at my post again... :oh: :rofl:

I couldn't resist the urge to make a reference :grin::grin:

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Are we expecting to see these sets revealed at the Toy Fair in February like in 2015?

I believe they should be at London Toyfair beforehand, so we may get descriptions leaked at that point.