Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Yoo

[MOC] Toyota 2000GT

On 8/22/2017 at 1:13 AM, mathieuggnrd said:

very cool car, do you have the list of the lego parts used ? 

Thank you for your comment, I’m actually still working on this car. The windscreen needs to be changed and some of the parts have to be in a different color. This isn’t a hard build, I think you can figure out what parts are needed.

Edited by Kevin Yoo

Ah, there's the white convertible - as a Bond fan, that would've been my first suggestion. :wink: Either way, the Toyota 2000GT is probably one of the most beautiful Japanese sports cars ever built. You did a great job by recreating it with some nice shaping and great parts usage, the car is instantly recognizable.

Two suggestions:

• This 4w SC canopy (other than the rounded SC canopy which works quite nicely on race cars) doesn't work on 6w sportscars in my opinion (like no 4w windscreen ever did on them before). As can be seen in your third picture, cars don't have a proper front view like this. Have you thought about using a 5w windscreen and roof instead?
  • The wheel wells can be improved in my opinion. I guess without the cutout they'd look better, even if they are completely squared then. Another possibility (that's how I'd try to do it) would be to use city mudguards which in most cases look quite good on such elegant and low sports cars. 

But well, it's most important to find your own approach to Lego sports car building. In any case, great job on both versions! :thumbup:

15 hours ago, ER0L said:

Ah, there's the white convertible - as a Bond fan, that would've been my first suggestion. :wink: Either way, the Toyota 2000GT is probably one of the most beautiful Japanese sports cars ever built. You did a great job by recreating it with some nice shaping and great parts usage, the car is instantly recognizable.

Two suggestions:

• This 4w SC canopy (other than the rounded SC canopy which works quite nicely on race cars) doesn't work on 6w sportscars in my opinion (like no 4w windscreen ever did on them before). As can be seen in your third picture, cars don't have a proper front view like this. Have you thought about using a 5w windscreen and roof instead?
  • The wheel wells can be improved in my opinion. I guess without the cutout they'd look better, even if they are completely squared then. Another possibility (that's how I'd try to do it) would be to use city mudguards which in most cases look quite good on such elegant and low sports cars. 

But well, it's most important to find your own approach to Lego sports car building. In any case, great job on both versions! :thumbup:

Thank you ER0L for your suggestions. I’m a fan of your car builds and it’s nice to get a comment from you.

As for the canopy, I definitely see your point. Some control sticks would do the trick for the A-pillars. However the roof would need to stay the same width because of the curved back. I’ll see what I can do.

City mudguards would definitely make the model look better, but in my opinion they are too big in comparison to the size of the car to be accurate.

Edited by Kevin Yoo

Toyota 2000GT

I remade this in my new smaller building style.

Toyota 2000GT

Toyota 2000GT

Toyota 2000GT

Toyota 2000GT

Toyota 2000GT and Mazda Cosmo Sport

With my Mazda Cosmo. They are pretty similar in basic structure- both are built around a upside-down “chassis”.

I’m more satisfied with this 5-wide version, always felt that the old one was too big in comparison to minifigs.