andreasbaumgart

Cr3amRoulette – a funny pie in your face game with LEGO Mindstorms EV3

Hi !

This is the introduction to my RobotRemix Cr3amRoulette (CR), which was created from the LEGO MINDSTORMS 31313 and Technic Airplane Jet 42066 sets.
CR is pure fun and you will wish but one thing during this game: "Please, not me!"
I had the idea when I saw a video of the game "PieFace" on YT. I thought: I have to do this with LEGO MINDSTORMS!
The game’s goal is simple: belong with those who do not get cream catapulted into their faces.
You start the game by cocking the catapult and pressing Enter on the EV3 Brick. The catapult is now locked. Then, you place a nice large portion of cream on the catapult.
Then, CR generates a random number at which the catapult triggers.
This number corresponds with a certain degree of engine rotation.

The loudmouth starts. S/he pushes the touch button and rolls his/her number of moves between 1 and 6.

Then, s/he has to place his face in the frame and turn the wheels slowly in his/her direction with both hands. 50 degrees correspond with a turn. The end of each 50 degree rotation is announced with a tone.
For example, if the player rolls a 5, s/he has to turn the wheels by 50 degrees 5 times. CR counts the turns and compares this with its previously generated random number. When the number is reached, the catapult releases! If not, it’s the next player’s turn. S/he, too, rolls the number of his moves by pushing the touch button, places his/her head in the frame, and turns the wheels according to the moves. This goes on and on.

But believe me: It’s someone’s turn eventually and the catapult will strike!

CR is relatively easy to assemble. During the design phase, the biggest challenge was a construction that was stable and compact at the same time.
The parts of the 42066 set are quite suitable for this purpose.

You can download the LDD-File and the program from my website: www.andreasbaumgart.com

cr3amroulette-total.jpg?w=404&h=552

What a funny thing to make with Mindstorms! :laugh: 

I have just one question... When you were testing it, did you test it on yourself, or on someone else?

Edit: I just watched the video, and I see you did try it on someone else... :devil:

Edited by mocbuild101

21 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

What a funny thing to make with Mindstorms! :laugh: 

I have just one question... When you were testing it, did you test it on yourself, or on someone else?

Edit: I just watched the video, and I see you did try it on someone else... :devil:

Thanks! Yes. But I did the first test on myself (without a cam) ;-) 

3 hours ago, MattL600 said:

It is very creative! I'd love to play :)

:-) Thanks! Build Cr3amRoulette and enjoy! We are looking forward to see your pictures ;-)

7 hours ago, andreasbaumgart said:

:-) Thanks! Build Cr3amRoulette and enjoy! We are looking forward to see your pictures ;-)

Ah, unfortunately I do not have an ev3 :(

But it is probably do-able without.

Right now working on tc12 :)