Sign in to follow this  
chubbybots2

(MOC) Ninjago Set 70612 alt build Lloyds Shinryu Dragon Mech

Finally got my hands on this set....damn incredible parts. Did this alt build with parts only from the set. This is based largely off the Anti Godzilla Weapon X Evangelion mech cross over called Shinryu. Really fun coming out with this build!! 

36668440355_2383fbed09_c.jpgshinryu05 by Kelvin Low, on Flickr

35833340594_9bb10e55c3_c.jpgshinryu04 by Kelvin Low, on Flickr

36668442065_9df6a79680_c.jpgshinryu03 by Kelvin Low, on Flickr

35833340654_ec0ae9b159_c.jpgshinryu01 by Kelvin Low, on Flickr

I enjoy this build a lot. I have to say I think the jaw-tail is weird, but a creative use of parts available, and I bet it makes the whole thing more stable.

Wow, that's pretty good for an alternate build, I like your usage of the dragon head parts for this! Adding the Pearl Gold robo-arms in between feet gives a nice look also. :thumbup:

Pretty neat! The Legs are my favourite part of this build, I might try to replicate the knees on a MOC of mine.

I really love your build! In fact I loved it so much I had to blog about it. The front looks properly menacing, but (in my opinion) the back makes it shine! The way you used the upper and lower chins is damn near perfect and really adds to the build.

@JACKATTACKS Thank you very much!!

@ZORK64 Thank you!! Looking forward to your moc! If you can try replacing the joints with ball joints, that will increase the range of motion over the click joints

@Dardanel Thanks for the well written article!! Never ever thought my alt build can be featured on a blog :D My only regret is not extending the tail! Might port over this design and give it a make over with additional parts!

@chubbybots2Thanks for the nice words, I'll keep in mind to upload it once it's done (I've been razer lazy with sharing my MOCs recently anyway, mostly due to how MOCpages became a bit of a hassle to work with on my old PC). And don't worry, I'll go with ball joints, as I never really worked with click joints, even though I began to work in a scale smaller than Bionicle in recent years.

@ZORK64 I used to post on moc pages but in the end settled in on using flickr :D Click joints are not my favorite joints either haha!! I notice not many bionicle posts here in EB though...i only got to bionicle right about when G2 ended....

@chubbybots2 I'm pondering about using ReBrick in the future, but I never really gotten around to it. Maybe I'll also just settle for flickr and start making my albums there public (so far I only used flickr for my EB reviews, so I had no need to make these pics public).

Which reminds me that I still need to set up a proper photo box. I think I have already most of the materials I'll need here...

Just saw your new alternative build - you should definitely post that one as well!

1 hour ago, mitzab said:

Really really nice. Any chance for a tutorial?

Cheers

There is one already:

Edited by Dardanel

I love that this fits the style so well and it is so well made. I personally feel the tail looks good as it is. I think Lloyd is a little too high up but that's just a small nick-pick.

@J4ck ah yes, Lloyd is a wee bit too high up haha, should have tried to fit him at the back :D My newer alt build has him in the torso instead ^^

2 hours ago, chubbybots2 said:

@J4ck ah yes, Lloyd is a wee bit too high up haha, should have tried to fit him at the back :D My newer alt build has him in the torso instead ^^

Sorry if I came off harsh, I absolutely love it and it is super awesome :laugh:

4 hours ago, chubbybots2 said:

@J4ck oh no man I love constructive feedback!!! Its the best way to improve! No offence taken ^^

Oh good, phew! Yeah I agree, if I was to post a MOC, I'd love constructive feedback! As long as people weren't being harsh and all.