2 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

What? Did I just see the Elemental Masters?

It does make sense that Lloyd and Nya would go to them for help. Personally, I hope we see Ronan again. 

Y'now, this is really making me wonder. Since seasons 8 and 9 have been dredging up a lot of stuff from the show's past - the Great Devourer, Nindroids, Elemental Masters, Wu's rapid aging caused by the Time Blade, and it wouldn't surprise me if they went waaaaay back to the pilot arc to dredge up the fact that dragons can freely travel between Realms in S9 - why did they feel they couldn't use Airjitzu and the elemental dragons anymore? It's . . kind of silly. 

4 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

However for collectors like us, it's sad if you have like 3 sets & except for Jet Jack, all of them have same torsos & legs. And you get just one female figure again. Like SoG, I see some cool face prints in the trailer, that will never see the daylight..

There's still hope. We might still get them, after all we didn't think we'd get the green sailor hat pirate from skybound in a minifigure pack or the white nindriod that we got in a bricktober set. Now I don't know anything but looking back I'd be surprised if we didn't get so sort of minifigure pack for season 9, maybe so dragon hunters, maybe some elemental masters (I am happy to see them in the trailer :classic:).

Also not to be pedantic :tongue: but Jet Jack's legs aren't unique and she isn't the only only one with a unique torso as Arkade does as well and maybe chew toy (but I'm probably being too optimistic there) and Iron Baron's torso is unique but maybe you weren't counting him only his underlings. I'd expect Arkade, chew toy and jet jack to be actual characters in the show but the others are basically just generic goons as the ninjago how does that a lot like with the sog, the serpentine, the vermillion, the skypirates, the ghosts, the skulkin and etc. 

Also regarding gender ratios in the sets , the throne set seems to be testing the waters for more females in sets, maybe :def_shrug:. Hopefully we'll get a similar set for season 10 with the original ninja returning and joining the elemental masters to free ninjago (at least the trailer makes me hope that's what season 10 will be ,with Lloyd and Nya building up a resistance in this season to set up season 10).

4 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

What? Did I just see the Elemental Masters?

Only: Neuro, Shade, Griffin Turner, Tox(Yay, she is doing something), Karlof, Skylor, Paleman, PIXAL, Dareth, Misako, Lloyd, and Nya.

No: Chamille, Gravis, Ash, Bolobo, Jacob, Ronin, Mistaké, Lil' Nelson, Borg, Ray, and Maya. (Yet)

1 hour ago, Quinton1721 said:

Only: Neuro, Shade, Griffin Turner, Tox(Yay, she is doing something), Karlof, Skylor, Paleman, PIXAL, Dareth, Misako, Lloyd, and Nya.

No: Chamille, Gravis, Ash, Bolobo, Jacob, Ronin, Mistaké, Lil' Nelson, Borg, Ray, and Maya. (Yet)

Convenient how 3/4 Elemental masters not shown are the ones we haven't seen in physical sets yet; I hope this doesn't mean they don't plan to release the final three figures at some point...

14 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Convenient how 3/4 Elemental masters not shown are the ones we haven't seen in physical sets yet; I hope this doesn't mean they don't plan to release the final five figures at some point...

That's why they haven't changed Misako--- because people would complain they want her, yet Lego doesn't want to make her.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Also regarding gender ratios in the sets , the throne set seems to be testing the waters for more females in sets, maybe :def_shrug:. Hopefully we'll get a similar set for season 10 with the original ninja returning and joining the elemental masters to free ninjago (at least the trailer makes me hope that's what season 10 will be ,with Lloyd and Nya building up a resistance in this season to set up season 10).

Only 8 and 9 are supposed to create a 20 episode arc. This ends by the end of 9's final episode.

35 minutes ago, Quinton1721 said:

That's why they haven't changed Misako--- because people would complain they want her, yet Lego doesn't want to make her.

There already is a Misako mini-figure.

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

why did they feel they couldn't use Airjitzu and the elemental dragons anymore? It's . . kind of silly. 

The creators really like putting themselves in awkward situations.

Edited by GarmaFan

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

why did they feel they couldn't use Airjitzu and the elemental dragons anymore? It's . . kind of silly.

Different realm, different rules I suppose.

34 minutes ago, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

Different realm, different rules I suppose.

No, they don't use Elemental Dragons and Airjitzu because the writers don't want them to. 

9 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

No, they don't use Elemental Dragons and Airjitzu because the writers don't want them to. 

And that's the part that bothers me. Why not? I spent the last three years collecting and MOC-ing dragons of every element so that all of the ninja could call upon their elemental dragons at any time, and now it was all for nothing? So totally bogus. -.-

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

Only 8 and 9 are supposed to create a 20 episode arc. This ends by the end of 9's final episode.

No, if that were the case, there would have been some kind of 'final showdown' set with a bunch of the ninjas and Garmadon. Instead, though, we got the Dragon Pit. I predict that Season 9 will end with the four ninja and Wu, now equipped with Dragon Master powers, coming back to Ninjago (possibly with help from the dragons) and reunite with Lloyd, Nya, and the Resistance, and then Season 10 (and possibly 11 too) will be about taking back Ninjago. 

And we never even got a water dragon for Nya . . . other than that horrible fusion dragon thing. -.-

5 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

There already is a Misako mini-figure.

The creators really like putting themselves in awkward situations.

But they don't want to change her in the show because they don't want to make a second figure.

Oh an unrelated note, can anyone tell what colour the baseplates in the Ninjago City Docks are? I think it's dark bley, like the first Ninjago City, but I'm not certain . .

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh an unrelated note, can anyone tell what colour the baseplates in the Ninjago City Docks are? I think it's dark bley, like the first Ninjago City, but I'm not certain . .

It looks black, at least along the water.

8 hours ago, Quinton1721 said:

But they don't want to change her in the show because they don't want to make a second figure.

They can't change her because Movie Misako looks a lot younger than the show version

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

They're still dark bley as far as I can tell.

Though it occurred to me recently that if you wanted to extend the water to fit the Destiny's Bounty, it'd be simple enough to swap the two dark bley baseplates for a light bley 48x48 baseplate and extend the edge of the water to match.

Review of the Dieselnaut. Yet again on a different language. It's a very impressive build.

9 hours ago, Quinton1721 said:

They made three different figures for her for the movie, so I highly doubt that they're firmly opposed to making a new version of her for the show. With secondary characters it's usually more a matter of when there's an opportunity to introduce new minifigures for them. After all, the non-movie, non-D2C sets tend to focus on big battle scenes involving the ninja and their enemies, not on calmer scenes involving the ninja's friends and families. Like, it took until the movie for characters like Ed and Edna to get ANY representation in the sets, and we still haven't gotten figs of Lou or Dr. Julien.

Edited by Aanchir

13 minutes ago, Tahu said:

Review of the Dieselnaut. Yet again on a different language. It's a very impressive build.

While I was primarily interested in this set for its new Olive Green part recolors, man, it's a hideously monstrous beauty up close! Damn! :thumbup: :smug:

14 hours ago, Quinton1721 said:

If they wanted to use Koko they could becauae the figure exists. If they wanted to create their own Misa-KoKo fusion then they could still do it, just don't make it a mini-figure until later. 

On 5/13/2018 at 3:59 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Why did they feel they couldn't use Airjitzu and the elemental dragons anymore? It's . . kind of silly. 

Spinjitzu, Airjitsu, summoning elemental dragons, now four of them are dragon masters, not to mention elemental powers, look at how overpowered they’d all be. 

15 hours ago, Quinton1721 said:

If you ask me they don’t really need to, not to mention this Misako is older as previously stated

If they wanted to make Misako into Koko, they could do something similar to Wu.