1 minute ago, jklaw15 said:

The mini figures at the bottom are the same as the ones in the city...

8 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

its a placeholder

1 minute ago, jklaw15 said:

The mini figures at the bottom are the same as the ones in the city...

Yeah, but with "PLACEHOLDERS" in large letters over :wink:

soo, it's not going to be the same...

Am I the only one that noticed that Lloyd (in ninjas gear) and Garmadon are in this set let’s hope for new face prints though 

Look at the bottom of the build, where the boat is. It’s got the water tiles! That means this thing IS on a base plate, and thus will connect! 

Hopefully there’s some good detail on the back and good figs, and hopefully it’s closer to a 250$ or 200$ than the city set, but this seems like a solid add on area to an already amazing set

would the door by the ladder line up with the street level? I am pretty sure it would but I don't own the city (yet) or the dockyards(obviously).

Also, blue building has a wrap around walkway and staircase done in the same style as the second floor of the first set, meaning the front of this does face the back of the original city set, and presumably there’s gonna be detail around the back of this to match up with the front of the city for that reason.

1 hour ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Am I the only one who think the set looks quite underwhelming?

It doesn't look like a $300 set. It looks way smaller and far less detailed than Ninjago City.

I can't see how it will connect to Ninjago City in a good way either.

But perhaps there is more to the set than what we see on the front of the box.

It's a "meh" from me. 

I agree. I may not go as far as to call it phoned-in, but it's not very good, especially for the price tag.

47 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

But why would the "back" of the set be on the front of the box?

I can't think of another set that where this has been the case...

Edit: oh and welcome to the Eurobricks forums! :classic:

Well, I wouldn't say this is the back… when it's on its own. However, there are examples of sets where the front and back of two connected sets are on opposite sides, like how the front of Dark Fortress Landing is the back of Vladek's Dark Fortress. This could be sort of the same way except connected side-to-side rather than back-to-back.

Anyway, looks pretty good from what I can see! I wonder when we can expect finalized images. There are definitely a lot of parts of this that still look preliminary.

6 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I agree. I may not go as far as to call it phoned-in, but it's not very good, especially for the price tag.

Do we even actually know the price, or is it just being assumed it'll cost the same as Ninjago City did? There's no reason every set in the series would have to be the same price. Even the Creator Expert Modular Buildings don't all cost the same price, although most do.

10 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I'd wait for HD pictures (official or otherwise) to form any opinions. 

Eh, the only thing likely to improve markedly are the minifigures. I can see enough to know I'm not interested in much else. YMMV! I do like the little boat, however..:laugh:

Edited by K_Tiger

I’m going to wait until the piece count and price are officially revealed before it I determine it’s value but it is a great set never the less not as good as the city but really good.

Are we sure the price is $300? Yeesh, that’s awful for what we get. I mean, it’s a solid build, just not anything worth over $150 or so. I was expecting them to at least include a large Mech hangar building, which was by the docks, but no, all we get is this. I hope it’s very, very preliminary or the price is different.

31 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Are we sure the price is $300? Yeesh, that’s awful for what we get. I mean, it’s a solid build, just not anything worth over $150 or so. I was expecting them to at least include a large Mech hangar building, which was by the docks, but no, all we get is this. I hope it’s very, very preliminary or the price is different.

The minifigures are probably the only thing that will change from what we see right now to what will be released.

300$ (or even 250$ (300 CAD)) is way too much for this. I was expecting something taller and "busier" that would fit in better with Ninjago City.

My Impressions: 

A little underwhelming but the more I look at it the more I see how it matches with Ninjago City. While $300 isn't confirmed as the price it's not what I hoping for, although this would be justified at that price based on piece count. (Not every set can pull a Ninjago City ppr) All the minifigures are blocked and this uses the Ninjago City box design, confirming a placeholder image but making it more likely to be toward the early prelim stage. 

I fully expect to like this set much more after seeing official images, the lighting in the picture we have isn't great and I expect the colors to mesh much better and a better looking design.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Why bother with the hanger if you can't fit any of the mechs in it?

It's not a bad set, but not exactly a great set, at least compared to the Ninjago City modular. 

But seriously, did we really need this set, and does Lego expect it to do well this long after the movie's release? With the Joker Manor, at least that set was released just before Christmas, when pretty much any and every movie released during that year is still relevant concerning toys and merchandise.  

If TLNM can get a second D2C, why couldn't TLBM get a second one too? :sad:

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

But seriously, did we really need this set, and does Lego expect it to do well this long after the movie's release?

The TV show has inherited the wonderful city designs from the movie. I spy Dareth's dojo, for starters. My movie and TV series sets are commingled now and they work well together.

This set appeals across the Ninjago brand, not just the movie. It's also likely been in the design stage since before the movie was released.

12 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Does the lack of a detailed description of the Ninjago City Dock imply that it wasn't shown at all at the toy fair, either physically or a as photo, and at most was only mentioned on during a presentation in the form of some bullet points on a slide?

It wouldn’t be shown at the Toy Fair. Toy Fair’s are to show and advertise product for retail buyers and partners. Ninjago City Docks is a D2C set. There is no reason Lego would ever need to show such off as there are no or few external purchasers to view it. Lego holds the D2C’s much closer to their chest. We will only see them days before release. Why give Lepin a head start on something that they only sell directly? 

Edit: hmmm? We actually have a picture. Looks... different. 

Edited by Faefrost
Found picture

42 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If TLNM can get a second D2C, why couldn't TLBM get a second one too? :sad:

Same thing can be said about the Lego Movie with another D2C set and another CMF (yes I know TLM was released almost 4yrs ago but TLNM and LBM are getting things the original Lego movie didn’t)

Edited by Sr1847

I looks more like the mainline Ninjago buildings then the level of detail in Ninjago City. It makes for a decent expansion, but it's pretty disappointing if it ends up being over $200. 

44 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

Same thing can be said about the Lego Movie with another D2C set and another CMF (yes I know TLM was released almost 4yrs ago but TLNM and LBM are getting things the original Lego movie didn’t)

Just from eyeballing it I think Ninjago actually outsells Batman? It’s actually fascinating watching the kids blow past Batman, Spider-Man and Star Wars to go straight for Ninjago. It’s like Sendai flavored heroin for the kiddies. 

Plus Lego own Ninjago outright. No licensing fees or third party approval needed. 

41 minutes ago, Megaflora said:

I looks more like the mainline Ninjago buildings then the level of detail in Ninjago City. It makes for a decent expansion, but it's pretty disappointing if it ends up being over $200. 

The buildings look about the same as Ninjago City. I think they are those same mini modular wedding cake style stacks. The left and right ones look to be about the same width as the Comic store portion of the tower. Maybe a bit bigger. The base plate is the same size as Assembly Square, so there’s some decent real estate there. The middle Right Hand Building looks to be Dareth’s Mojo Dojo. I think the center one might possibly be a Noodle House? Maybe Chen’s? 

1 hour ago, Bobathan Buan said:

My Impressions: 

A little underwhelming but the more I look at it the more I see how it matches with Ninjago City. While $300 isn't confirmed as the price it's not what I hoping for, although this would be justified at that price based on piece count. (Not every set can pull a Ninjago City ppr) All the minifigures are blocked and this uses the Ninjago City box design, confirming a placeholder image but making it more likely to be toward the early prelim stage. 

I fully expect to like this set much more after seeing official images, the lighting in the picture we have isn't great and I expect the colors to mesh much better and a better looking design.

Why bother with the hanger if you can't fit any of the mechs in it?

Looking at it I am also drive by the urge to tile over the baseplate I have under the Temple of Airjitsu with those nice Trans medium blue and use it to extend the water scene. 

$300? At best this thing is worth half that. It looks to be a little less than half of Ninjago City in terms of substance, and the fact that they share the same price tag is amazing. 

Ok, so apparently we're actually looking at the back of the set (when connected to NC). The brown dock should continue the one in NC behind the robot house and the blue building should be right next to the comic store. 

I expect that the other side will be much nicer looking from a display POV. We're looking at the equivalent of the inside of Joker Manor or Disney Castle right now.

22 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

So was I the only one who saw Zussamengebaut mention that, apparently, LEGO Boost can be combined with the Stormbringer Dragon? I don't quite see how that would work, but I can say that I'm intrigued, and listening.

Uh . . that certainly sounds like it's . . something. So the computer programming set combines with the only set from the summer wave that's redundant in terms of collection. (Other than possibly Air Pursuit.) Why not Firstborn?