4 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Okay, but are these sets for Winter 2018 or Winter 2019? Not sure how seasons for LEGO work.

Winter 2019

That means the release date is early 2019

40 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I hope this is true purely because of the prospect of being able to get samukai again, the one i had was stolen

If Samukai's mold still existed, we would've gotten him in Day of the Departed.

2 hours ago, Cyclone_37 said:

So theyre planning to release 4 more dragons right after the dragon wave 

Good. Super Dragon of Water for Nya, please.

33 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

Good. Super Dragon of Water for Nya, please.

This. I have been waiting for a Water Dragon for three years. Come on, Lego, we deserve one at this point. 

I think it depends on how it's handled. I'd be interested if we got a "Season 1 2.0" that had the enemies and settings from that season, but maybe updated it to have all six of the ninja wearing updated versions of the S1 robes (or for the first time in Lloyd and Nya's case). I'd also be interested in seeing updated versions of the Golden weapons, with maybe some new ones for Lloyd and Nya. However, if these are basically the same as the original version this may be where I bow out of Ninjago. I've always liked the different designs of the figures and their weapons with each season, so duplicating what I already have isn't interesting for me personally.

10 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Though, for all we know, they could just be testing the waters to see if they can treat NINJAGO like Star Wars, where there's a constant stream of rereleases among new sets, as there's new fans consistently getting into the older stuff.

Well, if this is the case then I'm afraid they are overestimating Ninjago's popularity, which is the very same mistake they did last year with the Ninjago movie

If anything, I'd say they are trying to get a new generation of kids to Ninjago. But I don't know if they can do that without rebooting the whole thing

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Well, if this is the case then I'm afraid they are overestimating Ninjago's popularity, which is the very same mistake they did last year with the Ninjago movie

If anything, I'd say they are trying to get a new generation of kids to Ninjago. But I don't know if they can do that without rebooting the whole thing

No, no no. The mistake they made with the Ninjago Movie was sacrificing plot integrity and character development for cheap laughs. 

But I could see a reboot happening. That said, I still think that the multi-season arc that's been going on with SoG and Hunted will continue in some way into at least the first half of 2019 . . though if a reboot was on the horizon for 2020, or even summer 2019, I could get behind that too. 

Still not entirely sure what to amke of the idea that they'll rerelease previous sets in 2019, hopefully in addition to a new wave of sets next year. 

Though, if the Serpentine are indeed returning as antagonists . . . well, it's not like Pythor's been conspicuously absent since 2016 . . . but that should really go in the show discussion, so I'll shut up. 

By the way, not to mini-mod, but there is a topic for discussion of the theme's future beyond any particular year that was started by @Master_Data back in 2015. :wink:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, not to mini-mod, but there is a topic for discussion of the theme's future beyond any particular year that was started by @Master_Data back in 2015.

I thought it was bad juju to resurrect really, really old threads?

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

No, no no. The mistake they made with the Ninjago Movie was sacrificing plot integrity and character development for cheap laughs.

You can blame that on the incredibly high amount, and indecisive group of writers and producers.

Edited by Penkid11

10 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

I thought it was bad juju to resurrect really, really old threads?

Well, it's a broad enough discussion topic to still be of relevance for as long as Ninjago lives; plus, it was last commented on only back in August of last year. :classic:

If I’m being perfectly honest, due to what I overhear in LEGO retailers and brand stores, I don’t really think kids are too fussed about what is on the shelves being reflected in the cartoon, if they even watch the cartoon at all. The appeal appears to be more focused on the Minifigures (one kid might really like Lloyd, so they buy the set with Lloyd, regardless of what the set is). If they rerelease old sets alongside newer more plot relevant sets, I doubt it has the potential to be a complete waste of money and resources. The sets were excellent and appealing to young audiences back then, I can’t see how updated versions of them can flunk. But perhaps I’m being naive...

If these rumors are true I for one won't complain. After all, I've loved seeing updated versions of the Destiny's Bounty and Ultra Sonic Raider and have thought for a while that some of the original dragons from 2011–2012 might benefit from a similar update!

Also, with the popularity of streaming services like Netflix, a lot of kids might be just as aware of the pilot and Season 1 characters and story as they are of the current story. So that might be enough to generate renewed demand for those seasons' characters and factions. The big question, for me, is how this will tie in with the show. Will the sets literally retell stories we've already heard? Or will there be a new story arc that revisits a lot of those same plot elements and makes that classic stuff relevant again?

All that said… I haven't seen a whole lot of sources for either the Ice Temple rumors or the 2019 rumors at this point, so there'll probably be more to discuss once we have some info that's a little more definite.

I don't want to get worked up about the rumors until something more substantive comes down the line.

Regarding S9 sets in North America, have Target DPCI codes come out yet?

“If you think ninja and LEGO are cool, then this is the panel for you! Ninjago veterans Tommy Andreasen (co-creator/producer) and Michael Svane Knap (LEGO senior design manager) are joined by lead writer Bragi Schut, voice talents Brent Miller (voice of Zane), Kelly Metzger (voice of Nya), and Vincent Tong (voice of Kai) to talk about their favorite memories and other reflections on creating LEGO’s longest running and most successful show. Bring the kids! Ninjaaaaa-GO! Moderated by the LEGO Group’s Brian Bowler.”

So the Comic Con description for the panel has been released, which adds some more fuel to the fire... the emphasis of “longest-running” and “favorite memories/reflections” really hints that these rumors might actually be true...

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

“If you think ninja and LEGO are cool, then this is the panel for you! Ninjago veterans Tommy Andreasen (co-creator/producer) and Michael Svane Knap (LEGO senior design manager) are joined by lead writer Bragi Schut, voice talents Brent Miller (voice of Zane), Kelly Metzger (voice of Nya), and Vincent Tong (voice of Kai) to talk about their favorite memories and other reflections on creating LEGO’s longest running and most successful show. Bring the kids! Ninjaaaaa-GO! Moderated by the LEGO Group’s Brian Bowler.”

So the Comic Con description for the panel has been released, which adds some more fuel to the fire... the emphasis of “longest-running” and “favorite memories/reflections” really hints that these rumors might actually be true...

will they fit s10 some how ?  

I'm not sure if anyone has pondered or implied this here yet, but, could this rumored break be to perhaps give an upcoming "big bang" theme some introductory breathing room, if you know what I mean? :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

will they fit s10 some how ?  

The rumor is that there isn’t going to be a season 10 but instead for winter 2019 we are going to get modernized season 1 sets

57 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The rumor is that there isn’t going to be a season 10 but instead for winter 2019 we are going to get modernized season 1 sets

ninjago writer said no body ends at season 9 

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

What? A new fire temple? New earth dragon? New spinjitzu dojo? :look:

Edited by Boogly22238

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not sure if anyone has pondered or implied this here yet, but, could this rumored break be to perhaps give an upcoming "big bang" theme some introductory breathing room, if you know what I mean? :shrug_confused:

That's actually a solid theory. Still surprised that we haven't heard about the next Big Bang in any capacity yet, though there is a possibility that there isn't one coming next year.

5 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

ninjago writer said no body ends at season 9 

Adventure Time is ending on 9, heh

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This actually sounds quite plausible. I think that it is also worth mentioning that neither Chima or Nexo Knights launched in the same year as the release of a Lego movie. It could be Lego's intention to make sure the launch of a new theme isn't overshadowed not only by Ninjago, but also by the Lego Movie 2 by putting the next Ninjago season and accompanying sets on hold until the second half of the year. 

Regarding this rumor as a whole, I believe that if the Ninjago designers want to make the most of this opportunity, they would not just revamp some old sets, but also incorporate some vehicles and locations from earlier seasons that didn't appear as sets such as those other two Stone Warrior vehicles or the Overlord dragon.

35 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

That's actually a solid theory. Still surprised that we haven't heard about the next Big Bang in any capacity yet, though there is a possibility that there isn't one coming next year.

I think that Lego has gotten better at keeping things under wraps recently. I think the first we could hear about such a theme is from a leak of a retailer catalog. Last year, the 2018 1st half catalog leaked out at the end of August so it may not be too long until we hear something.

6 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

will they there ever be a s10 ?? 

Its more likely than not but s9 has even finished yet so don't expect news soon. Also I doubt s10 would be this year, so it's probably not relevant to this thread.

Edited by Agent Kallus

On 7/11/2018 at 4:39 AM, ninjagoyax555 said:

will they ever be a s10 ?? 

To put things into perspective for you, one of the designers for the theme said in an interview that they had "just finished designing something for NINJAGO 2020."

Take that as you will.

Edited by Penkid11