4 hours ago, legozebra said:

I must have missed that; thanks so much for sharing. Yup, that’s very exciting. Not sure where the cancellation rumors came from but it seems like it’s doing just fine, if not better than before. My only worry is that the Hagenmans are leaving the show (and we saw what happened with Day of the Departed and Hands of Time without their guidance), but that’s more of a TV show worry than a set worry, especially as the past season has been exceptionally good.

The cancellation rumors stem from kids having no patience for news.

And yes, the only worry would be the Hagemans leaving, and the potential (or lack thereof) of their replacement.

3 hours ago, Bentonton said:

A major dealer who will remain anonymous has told me that they have seen and ordered the winter sets. There will be major re-releases of S1 and S2 sets, including the Serpentine villains, original dragons, and a Fire Temple re-release. That may be why we’re getting an ice temple, nothing to do with S8 or S9.

That would be so cool if it’s true! I’d love to see them redo stuff like the Monastery of Spinjitzu and the Ultra Dragon.

Or better yet, they redo Spinjitzu spinners (with trading cards, please, LEGO).

Edited by Penkid11

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

That would be so cool if it’s true! I’d love to see them redo stuff like the Monastery of Spinjitzu and the Ultra Dragon.

Or better yet, they redo Spinjitzu spinners (with trading cards, please, LEGO).

I'm always extra skeptical when it comes to rumours about revisited stuff, but it would be neat for sure.

More accurate Golden Weapons, please! 

That sounds iffy...

Are they going to reset the theme as a whole? 

What's going to happen with the TV show? 

Sorry guys, I didn’t push the dealer for details, as I do need my dealers to trust me with this kind of insider info. But my guess is that they will be modern rebuilds, think along the lines of what has happened with so many SW sets that have been re-released.

Basically he was discouraging me from buying the older sets at a huge markup (this dealer sells old and new sets) because I could get the same characters and story line for less when the re-releases come in.

And the emphasis is that he said that he has already ORDERED the sets, not just heard about them. Probably ordered based on name, price and piece count, to avoid photo leakage (my assumption, I didn’t ask).

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That sounds iffy...

I don’t know, maybe they will redesign the animation like Netflix did with Elves? Ninjago Macross style?

Edited by Bentonton

7 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

And yes, the only worry would be the Hagemans leaving, and the potential (or lack thereof) of their replacement.

I don't know if they're leaving permanently, but in a recent video, Brent Miller (Zane's voice actor) said that the "current writer" of Ninjago was Bragi Schut, no mention of the Hagemans. Could mean they just weren't mentioned, could mean the Hagemans are gone. But, he also wrote Season 8 and 9 with the Hagemans, so at least the new writer has two seasons of prior experience this time.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That sounds iffy...

I think there are two story-related ways this could play out, although this is veering a bit into TV show discussion.

The first thing is that season 10 could focus on time travel (and actually do it well, unlike Hands of Time and Wrong Place, Wrong Time), but this is all just wild speculation at this point until the comic con announcement comes in a few days (which will 100% be about this if true).

There’s also the potential idea that while the sets are based off of remakes of past sets, the story relevance is all-new. I could see original dragons playing a part with the Oni and Dragon Realm in play this season (although the throne of the Iron Baron in-show is suspiciously surrounded by four skulls that resemble the Ultra Dragon almost exactly), and I could see the Fire Temple and Serpentine become relevant again in new ways, aka the ninja revisiting the Fire Temple for whatever reason and the Serpentine returning to aid the ninja this time. 

6 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I'm always extra skeptical when it comes to rumours about revisited stuff, but it would be neat for sure.

More accurate Golden Weapons, please! 

YES accurate weapons would be amazing.

2 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

I don't know if they're leaving permanently, but in a recent video, Brent Miller (Zane's voice actor) said that the "current writer" of Ninjago was Bragi Schut, no mention of the Hagemans. Could mean they just weren't mentioned, could mean the Hagemans are gone. But, he also wrote Season 8 and 9 with the Hagemans, so at least the new writer has two seasons of prior experience this time.

That’s good that he worked on the stellar S8 and S9 (which by the first episode looks to be amazing). 

The rumor of re-releases sounds a bit dubious to me, the only way I see it working is if the sets are updated and modernised.

I also don't see the logic in releasing more dragon sets after the three dragons that were part of the Hunted wave, since all those sets will still be on store shelves by the time January rolls around. It doesn't make sense to have so many similar products all available at once. 

That doesn't really sound like a great idea. The "Day of the Departed" wave was a good way to incorporate old characters into the storyline, but rehashing two full seasons of sets? That reminds me of when Lego re-released the Toy Shop a few years ago; sure, there were changes, but not enough to make people who bought the first one buy the new one.

I don't think from what they've said there's any reason it's a reboot yet. Saying "the future is exciting" is just.. duh, of course, they'd say that. If that means it's a reboot, what would they say if it wasn't? "The future is average"? "The future is mediocre"? Okay? So-so?

And if it was a reboot, I doubt they'd just redo the plot of the old seasons again. Or.. I'd hope not. Maybe this will be a special that recaps the series with new animation. Uh, would winter would mean the beginning of 2018, or the end of 2019?

2 hours ago, Bentonton said:

I don’t know, maybe they will redesign the animation like Netflix did with Elves? Ninjago Macross style?

YES. Please, god, yes. I need this.

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

And if it was a reboot, I doubt they'd just redo the plot of the old seasons again. Or.. I'd hope not. Maybe this will be a special that recaps the series with new animation. Uh, would winter would mean the beginning of 2018, or the end of 2019?

A plausible scenario I can imagine is Lego decides to remaster the first season or two in Studio Mir style. I’m guessing a good percentage of Ninjago’s fans today are children who don’t even know how the theme/story/show began. By doing a remaster, kids are given a chance to learn about the Origins (a subtitle they could give this new series I guess), older fans get a nostalgic and beautiful ly animated redo of the episodes that got them into Ninjago, and Lego is able to profit of remaking older sets. 

Think that would also mean remakes of the Skullkin and Serpentine waves as sets? I'd love to see what they would look like with Lego's updated building techniques

Guys, you need to try and keep too much focus off the TV stuff, some people get grumpy about it. 

3 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

if they going to re-release s1 and s2 sets what going to happen with s10 ? 

My thoughts would be time travel.

Though, for all we know, they could just be testing the waters to see if they can treat NINJAGO like Star Wars, where there's a constant stream of rereleases among new sets, as there's new fans consistently getting into the older stuff.

34 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Okay, but are these sets for Winter 2018 or Winter 2019? Not sure how seasons for LEGO work.

Winter counts as December 2018 to January 2019 ish.

7 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

if they going to re-release s1 and s2 sets what going to happen with s10 ? 

Had some theories about this being either time travel or just the locations and characters becoming relevant again (a la Ultra Stealth Raider)

Just now, Penkid11 said:

Though, for all we know, they could just be testing the waters to see if they can treat NINJAGO like Star Wars, where there's a constant stream of rereleases among new sets, as there's new fans consistently getting into the older stuff.

I’d like that.

I’d like that very much. 

A chance to get sets of old locales,  vehicles, and characters in new fashion, especially if they haven’t  made sets before, is amazing. Perhaps this is their way of combatting Bionicle’s end with the lore getting too confusing and not having many good entry points.

9 minutes ago, legozebra said:

A chance to get sets of old locales,  vehicles, and characters in new fashion, especially if they haven’t  made sets before, is amazing. Perhaps this is their way of combatting Bionicle’s end with the lore getting too confusing and not having many good entry points.

To be perfectly honest, that would only make it more confusing IMO. Ninjago existed in one direct line until 2016, when Day of the Departed revisited some of the old villains.

Last year, it took another turn with the Ninjago Movie universe, which isn't really related to the main story. However, some of the Ninjago Movie elements crossed over into the main story, but not all, making it more confusing. 

If you're a young kid, you're probably lost in all of this and you only care about whether or not the sets are cool. If you see multiple different stories going on at the same time next year, you'll pick and chose what you want. Not keeping a consistent storyline would probably hurt the brand, but I would say that the current story is probably at the end of its tether.

Lego can't just reboot the whole thing without losing the interest of their core audience, so their challenge is to keep Ninjago fresh with new villains and plot developments while simultaneously making the story easy to follow. It'll be interesting to see how they go about it, but in hindsight they probably should have started this process a couple of years ago and cut out the movie entirely.

17 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

that was I am thinking about maybe they going to do like star wars maybe that does makes sense  

By "rerelease", would that mean the sets are just being re-released as they are, or some kind of remake?

5 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

By "rerelease", would that mean the sets are just being re-released as they are, or some kind of remake?

Most likely modernized 

12 minutes ago, Cyclone_37 said:

So theyre planning to release 4 more dragons right after the dragon wave 

You say that like it's a bad thing. XD