3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

70630 is called ice temple. It’s apparently coming this year!

Really? It doesn't sound very in keeping with the current theme . . . could it be a third addition to Ninjago City? Because the only thing that's anything like an 'ice temple' that we've ever seen was way back in the pilot arc when they had to retrieve the Shurikens of Ice. 

Heh. They used Zane as a bobsled. Good times. 

Is it possible that Lloyd, Nha and the Ninjago Rebellion will be returning to that setting as a 'last resort' base? They have already been back to the Fire Temple and the Caves of Despair in previously seasons, as well as the destroyed Monastery of Spinjitzu . . .

30 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Really? It doesn't sound very in keeping with the current theme . . . could it be a third addition to Ninjago City? Because the only thing that's anything like an 'ice temple' that we've ever seen was way back in the pilot arc when they had to retrieve the Shurikens of Ice. 

Heh. They used Zane as a bobsled. Good times. 

Is it possible that Lloyd, Nha and the Ninjago Rebellion will be returning to that setting as a 'last resort' base? They have already been back to the Fire Temple and the Caves of Despair in previously seasons, as well as the destroyed Monastery of Spinjitzu . . .

If there is some truth to this rumor then I'm hoping for the Hanging Temple!

8 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I do see the decline, but searches for "lego" on the whole show a similar trend. While might be true that an increasingly harder media push is needed to maintain the level of popularity, we cannot rule out developments in the way of how the target audience uses other services to browse Ninjago stuff.

But, I don't fear the target audience will lose interest in the near future, even if it may not be as evergreen as City.

Yeah, I do see the decline in "Lego" as well, but it's not as drastic and seems to be improving. Ninjago is declining at a steadier rate, and I think the movie being a failed attempt to extend the life of the theme will impact it negatively later on. This year's sets were designed before the movie underperformed, so expect next year to scale it back a bit in response.

I've noticed how Lego tends to avoid bleeding out themes for as long as they possibly can, and although Ninjago is still pretty successful I would say that the writing's on the wall. It was declared evergreen in 2015, but that was more than three years ago and if it lasts a few years longer, a six year run after Lego said that would fit the description of "evergreen". It won't end in the near future, but three years from now is a different story.

12 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I do see the decline, but searches for "lego" on the whole show a similar trend. While might be true that an increasingly harder media push is needed to maintain the level of popularity, we cannot rule out developments in the way of how the target audience uses other services to browse Ninjago stuff.

I think that would still be Google. It's the most popular engine search engine that would be used to get to those other services. 

On 6/25/2018 at 11:59 PM, BrickJagger said:

Yeah, I do see the decline in "Lego" as well, but it's not as drastic and seems to be improving. Ninjago is declining at a steadier rate, and I think the movie being a failed attempt to extend the life of the theme will impact it negatively later on. This year's sets were designed before the movie underperformed, so expect next year to scale it back a bit in response.

I've noticed how Lego tends to avoid bleeding out themes for as long as they possibly can, and although Ninjago is still pretty successful I would say that the writing's on the wall. It was declared evergreen in 2015, but that was more than three years ago and if it lasts a few years longer, a six year run after Lego said that would fit the description of "evergreen". It won't end in the near future, but three years from now is a different story.

The Lego House in Billund has a display declaring Ninjago as Evergreen (and features sets up to the movie meaning it’s been updated past 2015), but I don’t know if the relatively lukewarm reception the movie got changed anything.

I consider the movie a one off to the show and the theme as a whole.  I think the theme will be fine if they keep it fresh and still recognize what made it popular to begin with.  I hope the new sets show up here soon looking forward to getting some.  

For those in the U.S. Oni Titan will not be a Walmart exclusive. If you don't believe me just check my posts I've been right about this type of stuff before

Edited by Knafstuds

All we have seen of the First Realm is desert, but that doesn't mean it's all desert, it could be half Ice half Desert, all we have seen is the trailer, also this season takes place in Ninjago and the First Realm.

15 hours ago, Knafstuds said:

For those in the U.S. Oni Titan will not be a Walmart exclusive. If you don't believe me just check my posts I've been right about this type of stuff before

It is listed on the U.S Lego shop at home site so I am not sure why anybody would not believe you.

10 hours ago, Friscorays said:

It is listed on the U.S Lego shop at home site so I am not sure why anybody would not believe you.

Generally the LEGO Shop site gets all retailer exclusives regardless of where they're ordinarily exclusive to. There was a brief period that brick-and-mortar LEGO Brand Stores were not carrying other stores' exclusives but I believe that policy ended last year.

1 minute ago, Tahu said:

Season 9 first episode was Awesome!

it was awesome I want that little blue dragon I hope some how they do more sets base on season 9 I really do 

Agreed. Great start to the new season. I'd love a few SoG biker cops. Just need the torso really as the rest can be made out of existing parts.

On 6/30/2018 at 7:20 AM, Tahu said:

Season 9 first episode was Awesome!

On 6/30/2018 at 7:25 AM, ninjagoyax555 said:

it was awesome I want that little blue dragon I hope some how they do more sets base on season 9 I really do 

On 6/30/2018 at 9:30 AM, bricksnator said:

Agreed. Great start to the new season. I'd love a few SoG biker cops. Just need the torso really as the rest can be made out of existing parts.

TV discussion goes here: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/87273-ninjago-masters-of-spinjitsu-tv-show-thread/&page=168

Already see a lot of torso variety from the Dragon Hunters even from 2 seconds of screen time at the end of the episode - I wish there were more than 2-3 torsos (and really just one main one) to go around, although if new prints were sacrificed in favor of new molds I guess that’s an ok compromise.

Just got around to watching Brent Miller’s (the voice actor for Zane) interview with Tommy Andreasen, and according to him, there are “very significant” things in store for Ninjago and it has a very bright future (with a major comic con announcement to come). Whether this means a reboot, spinoff, or something entirely different I don’t know, but that’s at least some news about the future.

https://youtu.be/WX_AoQE2Rbc

Edited by legozebra

19 hours ago, legozebra said:

Just got around to watching Brent Miller’s (the voice actor for Zane) interview with Tommy Andreasen, and according to him, there are “very significant” things in store for Ninjago and it has a very bright future (with a major comic con announcement to come). Whether this means a reboot, spinoff, or something entirely different I don’t know, but that’s at least some news about the future.

https://youtu.be/WX_AoQE2Rbc

One of the designers was also on a podcast (with a couple others who had some excellent insight on LEGO), and mentioned something he was working on for NINJAGO 2020.

The future is bright for NINJAGO.

9 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

One of the designers was also on a podcast (with a couple others who had some excellent insight on LEGO), and mentioned something he was working on for NINJAGO 2020.

The future is bright for NINJAGO.

I must have missed that; thanks so much for sharing. Yup, that’s very exciting. Not sure where the cancellation rumors came from but it seems like it’s doing just fine, if not better than before. My only worry is that the Hagenmans are leaving the show (and we saw what happened with Day of the Departed and Hands of Time without their guidance), but that’s more of a TV show worry than a set worry, especially as the past season has been exceptionally good.

A major dealer who will remain anonymous has told me that they have seen and ordered the winter sets. There will be major re-releases of S1 and S2 sets, including the Serpentine villains, original dragons, and a Fire Temple re-release. That may be why we’re getting an ice temple, nothing to do with S8 or S9.

1 hour ago, Bentonton said:

A major dealer who will remain anonymous has told me that they have seen and ordered the winter sets. There will be major re-releases of S1 and S2 sets, including the Serpentine villains, original dragons, and a Fire Temple re-release. That may be why we’re getting an ice temple, nothing to do with S8 or S9.

Is that so? Will they be updated versions? Will there also be totally new sets? Or is S10 just going to be revisiting a lot of the stuff from S1/2 for the sake of its own plot? This is going to be strange . . . can't wait to find out more. 

Still, I hope they aren't exact copies of the old stuff, because . . well . . Lego as it was in 2011 and 2012 doesn't hold a candle to Lego in 2018. So many new parts and techniques have been created, that it would be a shame to go back to the old styles. 

2 hours ago, Bentonton said:

If true (taking this with a MASSIVE grain of salt), this could be a major Comic Con announcement. Will they be remakes/improvements like the Ultra Stealth Raider (that would be great) or direct rereleases? LEGO has changed a lot since 2011 and lots of the molds used are no longer in production, namely dragon heads and minifigure parts, among others. I don’t see how this would make much sense with the TV show unless they’re doing something funky with time travel or going the Bionicle route and releasing their own “Stars” line.

If this has any merit to it, I’d love to see remakes of old sets, like a Fire Temple with 2018 building techniques. If they’re revisiting the past, though, I feel like there’s so many sets from the show that we missed out on for sets - Borg Tower, different vehicles for Chen’s Army, and not to mention figures - from the renaming EMs to Cyrus Borg, Anacondrai Chen and Skylor, Cloud Kingdom, etc.

Edited by legozebra